1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 23rd June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 23, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Thursday 23rd June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Raphinha should stay at Leeds until after World Cup

talkSPORT pundit Scott Minto considers it will be in Raphinha's best interest to stay at Elland Road, at least until after the World Cup. The former Chelsea and West Ham defender believes the Brazilian ace could reach legendary status should he impress during the biggest competition in World Football this December and considers it a gamble to upset the flow, and move to pastures new this Summer.

It's all very well Raphinha staying on until January, but how would this effect his price tag? He would have only 18 months left on his contract! According to Minto:-

“If I were him I’d be thinking absolutely short-term, I’d be thinking World Cup." “I’d be thinking I can make myself an absolute legend in my Country so what’s the best place for me to be next season." “If the Brazil boss says he can be in the team if he’s at Leeds, I’d stay." “My initial thinking right now would be how do I get into that Brazil team and make myself a legend so where should I be next season, not in three, four, five.”

please log in to view this image

£3000 per person to follow LUFC home & away

It will cost Leeds fans just under £3000 to attend all 38 matches next season according to research done by gaming giants OLBG. Whilst an adult season is likely to set you back a modest £487 (only eight clubs are cheaper), increased train fare travel and the geographical destinations of the grounds, will make Leeds Utd the fourth most expensive club to support home and away in the Premier League next season.

Leeds’ average train cost per game next season has been calculated at £88.70 Only Newcastle United and Bournemouth are more expensive. Fans face seven trips to the Capital (Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, Brentford and Fulham) whilst long journeys to Bournemouth, Southampton and Brighton also contribute to the £2,823.97 costings.

Leeds braced for second Gunners bid

According to 'The Evening Standard', Arsenal are preparing a new and improved bid to tempt Raphinha away from Elland Road. The North London outfit are desperate to strengthen their attacking options, and see the Brazilian ace as an integral missing piece of their jigsaw.

They have just completed the £34m transfer of Fabio Viera; a 22yo Portuguese midfielder, with 54 senior appearances for Porto! Whilst he may have 21 caps at U21 level, Viera is yet to break into a very average Portuguese National team, yet Arsenal are reluctant to pay market value for a fully fledged Brazilian International who has been receiving raving man of the match reviews!

According to the Evening Standard, Mikel Arteta has given former Brazilian legend Edu (Arsenal's Technical Director), the green light to come up with (hopefully) a more sensible offer!

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

By all accounts Leeds have refused to deal with Barcelona as they are sick of getting nowhere, as they are skint. Pointless talking to them as all they want is a reduced price. Orta has told his mate at Barca this is the minimum price and if you dont have it we have nothing to talk about….

3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

As I have posted on the transfer thread, I feel we are undervaluing both Phillips and Raphinha if they both go for the 50 million mark. It would be shocking business.

If the pair play key roles in keeping us up next season then they have earned the club in excess of 125 million in TV money, sponsorship, shirt sales alone.

I'd rather they walked for free in a couple of years time.

ristac, Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Only interested in Rapha staying if he agrees to a one year contract extension and commits to a full season. What use is he to us if he only stays till January and then leaves when we can't get a replacement. This needs sorting one way or another in the next week

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Agreed. If we could keep these two for next season and come up with the money for a quality striker and a decent LB I’d say that’s our transfer business complete.

Then we just get rid of those that are surplus to requirements by either selling them or sending them out on loan.

Job done :biggrin:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Eireleeds1 and NostradEmus like this.
  6. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Stuck at home today with the kids thanks to this By-election in Wakefield and it being too hot to leave the house.

The Raph situation is dragging out for way to long now. This should be have been wrapped up weeks ago. Barca are skint and every man and his dog are monitoring the situation at coach level. If Arsenal come in with a 2nd bid and it falls is another club actually going to come in with the asking price.

Regarding Emu and valuations. I think Southampton have valued Ward-Prowse too high but there are a lot of 'Big Names' trying to get his signature. The problem is that if we get the full amount we want are other clubs going to screw us over price like Newcastle did with Liverpool over Andy Carroll

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Especially if we are in the top 6 in January<whistle>

Eireleeds1 and Marcos Barber like this.
  9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

think that’s what they tried to do in January, but couldn’t agree on a release clause valuation… most likely because deco wanted it set at 2 packets of crisps so he could feather his pocket flogging him to Barcelona this summer.

Eireleeds1 and Irishshako like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

Irishshako likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Diego Maradona: Medical personnel to face homicide trial
    By Amitai Winehouse

June 23, 2022Updated 11:00
    Medical personnel involved in the care of Diego Maradona will face a trial for homicide.

An Argentinian judge ruled on Wednesday that a trial will begin at the end of 2023 or in early 2024. Maradona died in November 2020 at the age of 60 due to cardio-respiratory arrest. He was recovering from surgery for a blood clot on the brain at a house outside Buenos Aires in Argentina.

Brain surgeon Leopoldo Luque, psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov and six others will stand trial for homicide. The defendants have been accused of failing to take proper care of Maradona during his recovery from the surgery. The accusation is that this led to his death.

Argentine prosecutors have been investigating the doctors and nurses involved in his care since a few days after his death.

Judge Orlando Diaz received a request in April that those under investigation were put on public trial.

Maradona is regarded as one of the greatest footballers of all time. He won the World Cup with Argentina in 1986 and also collected Serie A, the Copa del Rey and UEFA Cup during a brilliant playing career.

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

There's been a new twist at Barcelona.

It looks like Ousmane Dembele will now stay at the Camp Nou.

Raphinha's agent Deco has taken the news badly

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Theres a story hitting the wires that Leeds have received a €70m bid for Raphimha from an unnamed club. In sterling the deal is £48m and another £12m in add ons. Waiting to get confirmation but the story originated in Spain and not Barcelona

Irishshako likes this.
  14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Seen that Doc, rumour has it that the wallys maybe interested. Don't quote me though.:emoticon-0136-giggl

Doc likes this.
  15. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Said unnamed club is meant to be an English club.

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Hopefully 48m is turned down rapidly

DirtyLeeds likes this.
  17. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Sounds like an Arsenal type of move. Cheeky ****ers.

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I read that it was Spuds in with that offer.

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

.... & the €12m add on is if Jack Clarke scores five goals in the World Cup final in December. <whistle><yikes>

20. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

I wish the cost of following Leeds wasn't mentioned as I put that bit out of my mind lol