1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 25th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 25, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Thursday 25th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Taking the knee has lost its impact - Roberts

Speaking prior to meeting up with the Wales squad, Tyler Roberts has been addressing his concerns about 'taking the knee'. The versatile 22yo believes the gesture has lost its impact highlighting blatant discrimination which has gone ignored on social media platforms.

Roberts was quoted as saying :-

England Authorities have been in discussions over the last 48 hours, whether the national team should 'take the knee' this evening during their encounter against San Marino?

Is the taking of the knee little more than a publicity stunt to make the football big wigs look politically correct? If they wanted to do something useful, why not spare a thought for the 6,500 migrant workers building Stadiums that have died in Qatar since the World Cup was awarded in 2010?

please log in to view this image

Struijk could start for World Champion - Popey

Leeds Utd journalist Adam 'Popey' Pope believes that Pascal Struijk would be in the starting line up for Belgium, if only he would switch his allegiance.

The 21yo centre back was born in Deurne in Belgium, but his paternal grandparents were born in the Dutch East Indies. He has represented the Netherlands at U17 level. As he is get to get a senior call up, Struijk has the choice between the World Champions and Holland. Whilst its a nice decision to have, when you look at the ageing centre backs for Roberto Martinez's team, surely its a no brainer!

The former Everton, Wigan and Swansea Manager has been approached struijk to try and tempt him to team up with the likes of De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku and Courtois, but as of yet no decision has been made.

Pope was asked by a Leeds fan:

15m for Origi - potential bargain of the Summer

Spanish media outlet El Gol Digital are claiming Liverpool are keen to sell striker Divock Origi, and are prepared to part with the Belgium International for 15m. The 25yo has made 100 appearances for the English Champions since his arrival at Anfield in 2014. His versatility up front will surely attract many top flight clubs around Europe, one of the being Leeds.

Former Leeds striker Noel Whelan believes Origi would be an absolute bargain at that price:-

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I think Struijk will make up his own mind and will probably be based upon, will he be selected for the next squads with either country? Euros and quickly followed by World Cup. If the Dutch ont select him then he goes with Belgium?

Anyone ever remember an Origi goal. Can anyone say how he has a career? Whelan please go away, why would anyone want to pay £15m for a striker who in 204 games has only scored 39 goals. Whelan says Liverpool play similar to us yet fails to explain why Fermino, Salah and Mane score a bag full of goals and Origi who may come on once a flood to replace one of them scores a goal once per season. Stop it Noel you embarrass yourself

3. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Origi has always stuck me as a player who is really good and would love to see at the club. But I cannot actually show you much evidence as to why I think this and that is the problem. I think Batshuayi at Palace is another.

They fit into the Daniel Sturridge mold of all the talent and potential in the world but never quite hit the heights and ending up moving around club after club. So its a no for me unless Bielsa really wants him and thinks he can work his magic on him.

ristac and Doc like this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I'm not a racist, but I think taking the knee is bloody stupid. The only reason they do it to to tow the line. I guarantee most don't want to do it, but they don't want the grief from a select few.

As I said 6,500 migrant workers have died building stadiums in Qatar for the next World Cup. What about their rights?

I would prefer all the money invested in taking the knee was reinvested in Schools to teach kids at a young age why racism is wrong.

Also, fighting racism should work both ways. White on black. Black on white. There should be no difference.

Am I wrong?

If I am - Tell Ell......

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Most of his appearances have been as a substitute. It makes it difficult to make an impact.

hemase likes this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

When you think about how the World Cup was nailed on for us and this bid won from out of nowhere. The bent and corrupt FIFA Operation was proved to be so, but yet they didnt change the venue. So FIFA are complicit in the deaths of all those migrant slave workers, who couldnt leave because they couldnt get a visa to leave.

The ethos of the World Cup has always been LEGACY yet this will be the first time that there will be no legacy at all. All the hotels will be demolished because they dont need them and the stadiums will also be knocked down although some will be used for public executions. Is football really fit for purpose

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If he was any good he wouldnt be on the bench

Whitejock, NostradEmus and hemase like this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

To a non white you are a racist and privileged as well. Now I think this subject has been done to death on the political thread. Roberts is only copying what's already been said by the likes of Les Ferdinand at QPR. What winds me up are the hypocrites banging on about equality and respect, but yet let players etc use a political anti white salute. I also think that the blm and the like are inflaming the situation and are actually helping recruiting new members for the far right. Now that's the last of my comments on this thread regarding race.<ok>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

In some races, like Indian, if you marry outside your culture, your family will desert you!

Why isn't that called racism?

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.

11. Irishshako

I married a Catholic<laugh>

ellandback likes this.
  12. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

So did I, the priest who married us referred to it as a mixed marriage !!!!

Irishshako likes this.
  13. LeedsInHeaven

LeedsInHeaven Well-Known Member

The winning goal in the 4-0 recovery against Barcelona

14. Irishshako

<laugh>

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

16. Irishshako

Do you clear a room as fast Ristac:grin:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Should we start to ask questions of dicks like Whelan for example who is probably sponsored by Pizza Express

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Phillips starting ahead of Henderson and Rice

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Is he a second hand dealer then?

ristac and Irishshako like this.
  20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Going by the amount of crap that comes out of Whelan, he's clearly sponsored by Ex-lax (or whatever its name is now).

And overdosing.

Doc likes this.