1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

And you can go and ****e<ok>

ellandback and Gessa like this.
  2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Looking at those stats it looks like our kids dominated - but got humped ( 4-1 in the end)

Irishshako likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

They were brilliant second half and deserved more.<ok>

leeds down south likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We sent out a team aged 15-18 against grown men and seasoned oros, Peter Ckarke 39yo and a lot more around the 30yo mark. I dont see the point in using 15yo academy players in games like this. Yes Jacko says his boys got an education but for the wrong sort. We now have to play Oldham and Salford in this group event, but we also have to play in the Premier League Cup another group event against seasoned pros as well as try and have a good season in Prem2 Div1.

We still haven't put out a full strength team in the league because we are having to put players like Cresswell, Greenwood, or Gelhardt and Summerville on the first team bench, so these players are only used for 45mins

Irishshako and Gessa like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

A big bright spot last night was 15yo Archie Gray who had an 8/10 performance and rang rings around some grown men. He is the grandson of Frankie and son of Andy and obviously uncle Eddie. The kid looks like he needs tying to a deal once old enough.

Max Dean 17yo was praised by Jacko for a long night defending from the front in a Bamfordesque role which saw him get little service and no chances to score, but his pressing and attitude was excellent.

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

But that was my point. We all know that none of these are ever going to get on the pitch in the premier league. Bielsa will always turn to his first teamers so give them a chance against seasoned professionals

ristac, Gessa and Doc like this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I agree mate just dont get it. Lets see the likes of Summerville rip an EFL team apart and watch Joffy smash goals against big defenders. That would show they can compete in rough football and highlight just how good they are. It just seems pointless having them look good against other top academy products without knowing what we all want to know……. Will they make the step up

8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

When all is said and done I always look back at Crawley when they had a chance to shine.....

Marcos Barber and foolee like this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Summed up much better than me.

10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

very baffling we play a FA Premier cup game and a EPL Trophy game with very weakened sides and get tonked.
    Yet we don't field our strongest side in a Premier League Div 1 game.
    Then sit some of these lads on their arses on our first team bench who won't be used.
    Surely giving them regular football will benefit them more.

I'm the same as the rest of you Don't understand at all.
    If they are good enough to sit on the bench surely they are good enough to play some part?
    If they aren't good enough yet, why are they there? and why have we not recruited players to make the bench stronger if they are just making up numbers.
    Then the worst part some of these lads are now not getting regular football at all.
    Now till Novemeber we have a good set of games mostly below top 10 teams to get these lads involved if they don't get used in this time space god knows when they will get used. I'm not saying throw them in for 90 mins but small cameo roles. last 10-15 mins.
    Is Bielsa waiting for a game we're we are comfortable in before introducing any ?
    it just feels like at the moment some of these lads are inbetweeners we can't risk you in the u23's but your not quite ready for the first team. I know that's not the case but that's how it feels to me.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We need to remember that our U23 side is our reserve team, yet are nothing like a reserve team that we grew up with. Struggle to understand how say Charlie Cresswell an 18yo promising CB comes into the first team to play CB as Robin Koch, Diego Llorente and Pascal Struijk are out. He hasnt got the experience because he hasnt been given a chance. That means we will see Ayling at CB and someone else play at RB. Cresswell will sit on the bench and maybe get minutes if something else happens to Ayling or Cooper. Seems to be a crap policy for the future in my opinion

SIDDAS, Leedsoflondon and Infidel like this.
  12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

If I was an U23 player I would be looking else where, oh and I think Philips will be gone end of this season to City to replace Fabinho who is struggling these days, another reason Bielsa should be giving the U23 a chance

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Only 2 outstanding contributions last night and one was young Archie Gray who was marked as an 8/10 and Sean McGurk who was MoM with 9/10. He worst mark was DVH in goal with a 5 who had nothing to do all night except stop 4 shots which all went in. Nohan Kenneh had a sound game at DM but ad to stop everything in midfield by himself which was a tough ask. Amari Miller only scored a 6/10 but was excellent at times

14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

did you watch the game Doc? I didn't but the stats and Shaks suggest we dominated for large periods.

Irishshako and Doc like this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

They had 4 shots and 4 goals, we played them off the park especially in the 2nd half where the score was 1-1. However if we had used our best kids we would have won by a mile, simple as that. Yes we had a great performance from young Archie Gray at 15yo and Sean McGurk. Amari Miller scored and remember hes Jude Bellinghams best mate as they both grew up in the Birmingham Academy and Jude is now a full England International and same age as Amari Miller. Greenwood or Joffy would have loved that last night