1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 20th April)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 20, 2021.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don’t really have an opinion on Poveda mate? I’ve not really seen enough of him. Costa was poorer than poor and I don’t believe the introduction of Poveda was the reason why we improved so much in the final half hour. He never stood out when he came on, he wasn’t a Raphinha . Yes he was an improvement on Costa but it was more the fact the rest of the team suddenly clicked into gear or was it purely better fitness

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

blonogasoven likes this.
  3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Costa isn't good enough for a top 10 prem side, 16 million wasn't money well spent when raph was only slightly dearer and looks the business more class and he has that flair which can win a game,also does his fair share of tracking back.
    Costa always seems lightweight in a tussle and doesn't make you think something special could happen

SIDDAS and Irishshako like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Maybe we should buy Adama Traroe from Wolves and hope for 1 out of 3 being any good ........ no lets not buy anyone else from Wolves please Victor

oldschool likes this.
  5. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

What did they expect?
    The European Super League has filed injunctions against Fifa and Uefa to try to stop them from banning clubs or players from future tournaments such as the Champions League. In a letter to Fifa and Uefa seen by the BBC, ESL lawyers said they were concerned the footballing bodies could take "punitive measures".

6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

here's my master plan.

You kick them out of the league. You leave 6 places free in the premier league for sides with the same names with an AFC or whatever afterwards (an MK Dons if you like). You create a fans ownership scheme for these teams. You give them the premier league money up front to buy players, arrange ground shares etc. Give them an amnesty against relegation year 1, so have some settling in time - maybe it means the league increases for a year, with extra relegations the following year.

All the fans will support the new clubs and they're not penalised by having to start in non-league. By removing the support, you devalue the 'real' liverpool's and man united's and no-one (in this country at least) watches the super league games. Starved of money and support (well apart from a few billion in china) the 'real' teams go bust... and leeds buy their best players on the cheap.

Job's a good-un.

And no, I haven't thought this through, don't spoil it for me!

Doc likes this.
  7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

True and just a few more games for Roberts to get zero for the season.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  8. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Getting away from the Super League for a moment.

I am sure I heard the commentator say that James Milner is out of contract this summer. He has voiced his concerns regarding the super league so ma not see his future at the Merseyside Reds.

Would you like to see him see out his last season before retirement at Leeds? I know he is 35 but is fitter than a lot of players 10 years younger. I don't see him having a problem handling Bielsas training and playing methods, especially as he would most likely be a cover player rather automatic first choice.

He is more than capable at playing in midfield and even left back. Two positions we are looking strengthening this summer. As a free transfer wages would not be an issue, he probably would not want much in the twilight of his career playing for his boyhood club.

Is there any merit in signing him or am I looking at this through romantic eyes?

Whitejock likes this.
  9. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

It's a no from me mate, call me bitter but I am just not into home grown players getting their fortunes and medals elsewhere then going out to pasture in LS11. Of course we agreed to sell him but then Victor would have sold Kalvin to Villa if he had wanted to go but he wanted to stay - legend!

10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

It’s a no from me as well.

Infidel, Irishshako and Marcos Barber like this.

11. Marcos Barber

Not your worst idea ever tbf. Can't help but think your old sparring partner Lord Pontefract is involved in this somehow, noticed he has stopped posting while all these secret negotiations have been going on. Last spoke to him back end of March and he said he was working (on a Saturday) - should have smelt a rat then

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Love Milner a top pro who has never seen the inside of a nightclub, or had more than 1 beer. A top top pro who has looked after himself, but hes 35 and even he would struggle doing Bielsaball and murderball. We should send him a note and thank him for his service and say we are not signing him because we like him and want to make sure he doesn't break down under Bielsa <laugh>

hemase and Irishshako like this.
  13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No for me, part of our past now.

Infidel likes this.
  14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for some eejit to start a bring back Alan Smith campaign<laugh>

hemase likes this.
  15. Marcos Barber

What about Alan Smith? :emoticon-0176-smoke

hemase and Irishshako like this.
  16. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Well he's only 40 so still some hope.

ellandback and hemase like this.
  17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Got to take you to task. You do realise that the SFA did indeed kick Rangers out of the SPL? Luckily, the SFL allowed them to start all over again at the bottom of the pile (although half the country maintained they should have been more harshly punished). They were out of the SPL for 4 years. Nobody died. The SPL survived.

18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

The Super League is only going to happen when the agents rubberstamp it. They'll also also put the FA, UEFA, FIFA etc. back in their holes, as usual.

Sadly not far off the truth. :(

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Man City will pull out of the Super League fiasco and it also seems Chelsea are going to bottle it too. Hearing that Man Utd (Glazer) and Arsenal (Gazedes) started this ball rolling and never did the research or due diligence. Spurs and Man City fuming at the lies they are now hearing from these 2 greedy prats so potentially 50% of the English teams upset

20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss