1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Tuesday 21st September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Bielsa to mix things up for Cottagers visit

Jamie Shackleton, Adam Forshaw, Crysencio Summerville, Dan James and even Charlie Cresswell are all expected to be including in the starting line up at Craven Cottage this evening though there is no room for in form striker Joe Gelhardt even though Bamford has not travelled! The 19yo hitman will have to make do with a seat on the bench. Elland Road sources claim that Tyler Roberts will instead occupy the number nine role!

Expected line up: Meslier, Shackleton, Cresswell, Cooper, Firpo, Forshaw, Klich, Dallas, James, Summerville, Roberts

please log in to view this image

ACL fear for Ayling

Leeds face an anxious wait to find out whether Luke Ayling has suffered knee ligament damage during the closing stages of last Friday nights clash at St James Park. Should the versatile defender have damaged his Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL - The ligament, located in the centre of the knee, that controls rotation and forward movement of the tibia), he could be sidelined for most of the season!

Former player, and Leeds Utd Foundation Officer Noel Whelan expressed his concern : “We are already struggling with centre-halves,” “Ayling’s didn’t look the worst to me at the time. He just came in and blocked a challenge, that dangling leg just got caught. “It looked like he may have tweaked a knee ligament, which would be the last thing Bielsa needs. They will have a look and hopefully it isn’t too bad.“

Leeds should have been awarded penalty - Gallagher

Veteran referee, now pundit Dermot Gallagher has stated that Leeds should have been awarded a penalty for Joe Willock’s challenge on Dan James last Friday night at St James Park.

The 64yo ex Premier League referee was asked whether the Toon were lucky to escape a spot kick, to which Gallagher replied: "I think Mike Dean thinks Dan James has run into Willock. I think maybe he’s too close and doesn’t have a clear view. I think it’s a foul and penalty – he puts the ball by, and there, Willock goes in and stops him. I think that’s as high on the tolerance level before the VAR reviews".

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all…

It just feels like our season is falling apart by the day at the moment. Dallas at RB and Firpo at LB for the rest of the season installs zero confidence, no matter what Ayling has done, knee injuries are never quick to heal.

As for Roberts up front, we all know what his ability is, we all know what he offers the team, what does Gelhardt have to do to break in and get a game? This is the side of Bielsa that frustrates the **** out of me

3. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all, will be interesting to see how it pans out tonight, maybe give Roberts and Gelhardt 45 each and see who performs the best, my money would be on the latter.
    The injury list is growing at a rapid pace, is it over training? Is this the chance some of the U23’s need to be given a chance, will Amigo still persist on banging square pegs in the round holes ? let’s wait and see, I did say a couple of weeks ago it was going to be a bumpy ride!!!

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Off topic but this really winds me up

Worthwhile cause which has your full support OR run the fckers over?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I class Noel Whelan and Gabby Agbonlahor in the same mould just like many like Danny Mills, I have no interest in anything they have to say about my team because they are never correct on anything and say shyt for clicks.

It will be interesting to see how we line up tonight and who is on the bench. Forshaw should start as indeed should Summerville and James. Cresswell deserves to line up with Cooper but Llorente should be on the bench ready. Who gets RB slot will be between Drameh and Shackelton and up top will it be Roberts, Rodrigo or Joffy. Personally I would start Rodrigo at 10 and Roberts at 9 and replace Roberts later after he fails with Gelhardt

6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

They've got a point.

However, stopping Joe Bloggs on his way to work isn't the way to go. You'll just piss off the people who you want to get on board.

If they got run over or beaten up then it's just a consequence of their actions.

stonkin, foolee and hemase like this.
  7. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

If there is a risk Ayling could be out for an extended amount of time then Shack needs to play at rb tonight as he needs to the replacement going forward, Dallas is too important in midfield for that role.

Im looking forward to seeing Cresswell alongside Cooper because that may have to be the cb's against West ham.

I would be very surprised to see Roberts as number nine tonight, not sure Bielsa sees him in this role.

Makemstine Roger and foolee like this.
  8. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Just skittle the fukcers. 9pin them them into the fields

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

John 'Boyce' Challis R.I.P

southernwhite, oldschool and hemase like this.
  10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Dreams Do come True
    Just want to say a big congrats to my neighbour's Son Francis Okoronkwo
    upload_2021-9-21_9-49-8.png

Francis is a great lad a gentleman even at his tender age he would do anything for you.
    He's just signed a professional contract at Everton from Sunderland for a million squid. Absolute buzzing for the lad
    He was very close in signing for Leeds. The family sat down with a 50/50 call between Everton and Leeds.
    His Mum Carina is a single parent and talking to her yesterday Leeds offered the better deal but Francis heart was on Everton and Benitez
    I wanted to strangle him lol.
    He has now left to live with a sponsor family and make his way up that football ladder.
    Last thing he said to his mum if i make it first thing I will buy is you a House and nice car.
    Go smash them Francis you deserve everything you get lad !

11. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

For me I’d go with Rodrigo at 9 because at the end of last season he showed he is the better finisher of the two. Is Gelhardt a number nine?

hemase and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

The second option for me

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Gelhardt plays number 9 everywhere hes played even for England. Last season for the 23s he and Greenwood shared the 9 shirt with the other playing at 10. So in 16 games last season he was 9 8 times and scored 11 goals. This season he has been 9 every time hes played. Bielsa wanted him to learn to play at 10 as part of his education. The kids a striker

14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Cheers doc. He’s a little one though

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Run them over, blast them off the road with water cannons, lock them up for 12 months, anything that’s a proper deterrent

16. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Run the fkrs over, reverse and go over them again just to make sure

17. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Risty, you sure cut the figure of a disenchanted man at the moment fella.

It's funny watching how our fanbase have gone from marvelling how Bielsa has transformed player's positions and skill sets, how he's created a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts, genius blah blah blah.

Lose a bit of a form and he's a stubborn clueless fool.

He is stubborn - or very loyal to his squad depending on your perspective - and he'd rather move players positions around than promote like for like from the 23s when someone is out. But that stubborness is only perceived as a weakness when we have a bad run.

There will be a reason Gelhardt hasn't figured. I personally have no idea what it is. If i were to guess it's that he lacks a bit of pace, that maybe he won't be able to hold the ball up or close down like paddy - maybe they see him as a 9 only and he has bamford, and rodrigo ahead of him. I don't have a clue - but I do know that there's a massive step up from 23's to premier league and I do know that the management team watch these guys day in day out and know when they're ready.

Gelhardt excites me as a talent and i hope to see him soon

LeedsRover1, SIDDAS, foolee and 2 others like this.
  18. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

His heart was on Everton???

Good lad, little misguided then <laugh>

Hope it pans out for him except if/when he plays Leeds <whistle>

SIDDAS likes this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I do believe Bielsa is the greatest thing to happen to this club since Revie. I know Wilko won us a title but all things considered Bielsa edges it for me but he isn’t infallible.

I don’t think anyone would doubt his ability at transforming an average player but his loyalty to the likes of Roberts and his refusal over certain signings is holding us back, if he chose Firpo that is another mistake.

Yes it is all hindsight and my opening sentence in regards to it feels like our season is falling apart by the day is more to do with injuries and relying on players out of position.

I wouldn’t swap Bielsa for anyone but I’m not going to blindly defend every decision he makes, if I think he’s wrong I’ll throw it out there for debate <ok>.

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  20. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Why have you written Firpo off after a very small handful of games?

Leedsoflondon likes this.