1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2021.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

absolutely fella. He drives me potty too at times, no-one is above scrutiny

you normally have a balanced opinion, just seems you’ve been all doom and gloom since pre-season… hence the comment <cheers>

ristac likes this.
  2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Have you seen the size of shackleton? He is way too small for fullback. Need to move him on as we neeed height even more now.

Irishshako likes this.
  3. wakeybreakyheart

I can think of three players he blindly sticks with who i would not.

ristac and hemase like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

Last day today on zante. Screenshot_20210921_135341_com.facebook.katana.jpg

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Saved me the time <ok>

hemase likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can’t see a single positive about Firpo, he lacks real pace, he continuously gets caught out of position, no threat going forward, poor at tackling, he just doesn’t show anything. Rodrigo never shone when he first arrived but you could take positives, he looked like he could turn a corner.

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I guess I’ve been spoilt by three seasons of Bielsa astonishing me with team performances. If this was our first season back I’d be more positive, the signings too, they’ve just not been very exciting.

8. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Can't be that good nobody is there lol
    You scared them all off wakey :emoticon-0172-mooni

9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

roberts at 9 may as well try him, he can't say he doesn't get enough chances to shine, as for joffy he can say he should be given one....as for the insulate moron's perhaps they should look at their own heads, plenty of room inside those to start with, more bandwagon jumpers

10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I think he's been poor too but I will give him more time since he's new.
    Needs alot more energy for me to play the role he's playing.
    People said before he arrived he's good going forward but poor going backwards I've seen that already. The amount of times Coops had to cover for him at the Barcodes was to much.
    Not saying he hasn't any ability but is the engine there. Time will tell.

ristac likes this.

11. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

So after three games, two against some of the best players in the world, in a new system with different players in front of him he hasn't done enough to impress you. Your standard must be incredibly high.

He has shown flashes of what is he about and needs a few more games before being written off surely?

Whitejock and Marcos Barber like this.
  12. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Agree with you again. All the criticism aimed at Alioski and most are pining for him like we’ve lost the world’s best left back. Let’s give him a chance to settle in.

Whitejock, Marcos Barber and hemase like this.
  13. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry I haven’t witnessed the flashes. I hope he proves me wrong but a left back that has no pace and can’t tackle and leaves us exposed, we might as well have stuck with Alioski because at least he had an engine and was decent going forward

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We needed a better LB than Alioski, no doubt about that but Alioski was an attacking midfield player, a winger signed for peanuts. Firpo cost us a lot of money, he was a ready made attacking LB and I’ve not seen any of those qualities. If we’d signed him for free to develop fine but we didn’t

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Firpo is a top player and I have no doubt people will change their minds before too long. He is learning a whole new way of playing LB which is linked to a LW and the two playing fast triangles. You will always see Firpo and Harrison joined at the hip in training videos or photos. They are getting to know each other. The problem Firpo had in Friday is that he was playing with Dan James and the 2 have never played together before Friday. The problems were mainly caused by Dan James not doing what Harrison does, but we saw some great runs forward, some pace attacking, some good crosses from the left and he should have scored. He lost control of the ball too many times however

it will happen for him and us

17. CreativeMenace

CreativeMenace Active Member

Strong lad though

18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

We should’ve kept Leif Davis instead of sending him out on loan to Bournemouth, where he’s getting rave reviews <doh>

He has pace to burn, defends well, can play LB and CB and has impressed in both roles for Leeds first team. And no need for him to learn the system - he already knows it.

Wonder if we have an early recall clause inserted?

Gessa, CreativeMenace and ristac like this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Been keeping my powder dry re. Firpo, but here's my 2p worth:

Firpo has been taking pelters for his lack of attacking prowess. Oddly enough, Ayling has been receiving similar, though the general consensus is that he's a little simply off form, not absolute shiite like Firpo.

Well I disagree. Look at the games they've played in. Top, top wingers & FBs to face off to, plus both have been hamstrung by tactics. Whether it is Bielsa being mindful of the opposition threat on the wings by holding them back, or it's the opposition forcing them back by doubling up on the wings, defensively & offensively. Alioski, bless his little cotton socks, would have suffered exactly the same. That to me is the main reason that both have not been showing their full capabilities.

Now add to that that Firpo has been slung into the team without being Bielsa-fied. It's clear as day in many situations, but he's learning. Furthermore, I've been very disappointed by out overload this season. Quite apart from the wingers not clicking with the FBs, I don't see our #10s coming over to help too much, be it Rodrigo or Roberts. Raphinha gets pass marks for defensive duties, but Harrison has been terrible at times, especially highlighted against the bin dippers. Our #10s haven't helped either, Rodrigo being the worst offender (have I just given Roberts a back-handed compliment? Oh dear, losing my touch - or is it my mind?).

The whole team is just not clicking, and with enforced personnel changes every match, it just doesn't help at all.

Not to worry, though. Apparently we've bought a Welsh wizard winger that will end all of our troubles, according to some. Can't wait for him to play.

20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I'm taller than him, actually my waist size is taller than him<laugh>