1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 25th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 25, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg Good Morning. It's Tuesday 25th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Aaronson deal looking unlikely

Leeds United pursuit of Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson looks to be in doubt after the 21yo flew to the States to meet up with the rest of the USA squad, as they prepare for their World Cup Qualifiers against El Salvador, Canada and Honduras. Not only would it make communication difficult between agent and player, but should a deal be struck, Aaronson would have to have his medical done in North America!

If that wasn't bad enough, Sun Journalist Alan Nixon is suggesting that Leeds may risk Financial Fair Play ramifications if they spend more than 15m during the January transfer window. Why did Leeds leave it so late to mount an offer? Reports suggest he has been on Orta's wish list for some time! I wonder whether the club would have acted sooner had we lost against Burnley and West Ham?

please log in to view this image

Roberts was so poor it was unreal

Former player now pundit Paul Robinson ripped into Tyler Roberts following the 1-0 defeat against Newcastle at the weekend. Fresh from coming on as a substitute, the former West Brom forward lost the ball which led to the Newcastle free kick from which they scored. Robbo, like many of us, was a little bewildered that Joe Gelhardt (a natural goalscoring forward) had not been given the nod instead of Roberts.

“Gelhardt has an impact and he’s forward-thinking, he’s a striker and he’s got a bit of guile about him around the box, “Whereas Roberts, as good and as willing he is as a runner, there’s just no end-product there and there’s only so many times you can pick a player because he works hard off the ball when the end-product isn’t there. “He was so poor it was unreal.”

Bogusz's season is over

Leeds youngster Mateusz Bogusz is set to go under the surgeon's knife after it was revealed that the 20yo has suffered a cruciate ligament injury during his loan spell at Ibiza. The exciting midfielder has been credited with seven assists, and four goals in twenty appearances for the Segunda Division club.

Whitejock and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Deal unlikely!!! Doubtful it was ever on tbh and even if it was he's flew to the states so he must be training in the deep Louisiana swamps where communication would only be with a duelling banjo's redneck..... sorry y'all he can't use the magic voice box cousin Leroy fed it to the hogs

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all…

It’s the first season under Bielsa that I’ve felt this disillusioned with it all. I’m not blaming one person or one event or one player, just the annoyance that after last season I expected more.

That’s been the (previously) enjoyable thing under Bielsa and Radz, each season I expect more, I expect an improvement the following season. Maybe reality has kicked in that this is our lot. First task survival, second task see if we can finish above half way?

Injuries, team selection, player performances, more injuries, poor results, wasted money (on transfers), even more injuries and now a totally uninspiring January transfer window will now be followed by the usual is Bielsa staying or not debate.

In regards to Aaronson I couldn’t get excited about the thought of signing him so I’m not overly bothered. Realistically he wouldn’t have featured through February and do we want someone who’s going to go missing for USA qualifiers. It would have been typical to get this guy in last week then he vanishes to play for the USA for two weeks, he’d come back injured as well so what’s the point

Think I’ll go back to bed and get out the other side…

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Signings don't make me laugh. What is the point in signing anyone as james and roberts would start before them. We are not going anywhere with this set up. Rads has had his easy ride under bielsa on the cheap. Trouble is he gave Orta the cheque book again and he blew it.

2 pennth likes this.
  5. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Is it Orta or the Bielsa requirements though. Since being in the PL we’ve signed Raphinha for a bargain fee, Koch and Llorente have both looked worth the money when they’ve played and let’s be honest Rodrigo was a statement signing. James who Bielsa has wanted for ages. Firpo is quite hard to judge atm and the rest have been youth signings and we’ll most likely make money on all of those. So for the money spent on Orta’s part it isn’t looking too bad apart from the woeful Rodrigo signing but I’m not sure who sanctioned that.

blonogasoven and Marcos Barber like this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Wonder who sanctioned the Augustin signing?

2 pennth likes this.
  7. oldschool

KFC!

8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

upload_2022-1-25_10-19-25.jpeg

9. oldschool

leeds down south and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Think I’ve erased that from my mind it was so dire. Still ongoing as well.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Negotiations ongoing?...

oldschool likes this.
  12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Our team is littered with injuries!!!!
    Managers crying over the players over tired, yea right…… So why the fck is Philips and Cooper down in Dubai playing golf with half of the Man U team there as well.
    I told you ages ago Philips will go to the Salford Yanks, mark my words.

13. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They wanted to find out if they would consider taking Dan James back.

ristac and Marcos Barber like this.
  14. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I’d drive him back and dump at the training ground, oh just a minute there all sunning it in Dubai.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

That would be unforgivable, even his family would surely find that unforgivable. It’s not like they’re even a title challenging team anymore.

16. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Why so ?

We've had Giles, Strachan, Sharpe & James from them.

They've had Jordan, McQueen, Cantona, Ferdinand & Smith from us.

Seems like It's a well trodden path to me.

17. Leedsoflondon

With the exception maybe of smith, not one of those was a self confessed with a family obsessed supporter of the club. If the scum were winning everything in sight I could just about understand it.

18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Why do we have reason to be bitter though ?

Giles & Strachan were both major parts in our title winning history so we've not exactly come off worse from the transfers between the clubs. Cantona stuck in the claw because of the ridiculously low fee but we'd expect and no doubt receive a massive fee for Phillips.

19. Leedsoflondon

Because he, more than the others you name, is aware of the rivalry.

20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I suspect, with no justification, that next summer will not necessarily be a time for top players to move. The world cup will be fast approaching and this will be an enormous shop window for those who believe they have the talent also who would want to spend zillions on a player who will be away for quite a good portion of time and the risks of getting injured at the world cup. I think Phillips and Raphinha will stay with us, if we stay up, but come January and possibly a good series of games at the world cup, who knows. If either go I really hope they move abroad. It would be good for them, no animosity from us and everybody lives happily ever after.