1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 29, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 29th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Adams shut down Iranian journalist

During the pre match presser between the USA and Iran, Adams left an Iranian news reporter speechless. Clearly looking for trouble, the Iranian journalist tackled the Leeds midfielder on his pronunciation of his Country and then interrogated him on human rights issues.

Tensions were already high after US soccer officials deliberately left out the Islamic Republic emblem in the Iranian flag on a twitter post showing the group B standings as a protest, following the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, who was killed after being arrested by Iran’s morality police for wearing “inappropriate” clothing.

Journalist: “Are you okay to be representing a country that has so much discrimination against Black people in its own borders?” “And we saw the Black Lives Matter movement over the past few years.”

Adams: “My apologies on the mispronunciation of your country,” Adams said. “There’s discrimination everywhere you go.” “One thing that I’ve learned, especially from living abroad in the past years and having to fit in different cultures, is that in the US, we’re continuing to make progress every single day,” .

“I grew up in a White family, with obviously an African-American heritage and background as well,” . “I had a little bit of a different cultures, and I was very easily able to assimilate in different cultures, so not everyone has that ease and the ability to do that.

“Obviously, it takes longest to understand and through education, I think, is super important,” “Like, you just educated me now on the pronunciation of your country. It’s a process. I think as long as you see progress, that’s the important thing.”

please log in to view this image

Leeds withdraw contract offer to Drameh

Leeds Utd have withdrawn the offer of a contract extension to Cody Drameh, prompting speculation that he has played his last game for Leeds Utd, and will be gone in January.

The Dulwich born right back, who turns 21 next month, came through the youth ranks at Craven Cottage before joining Leeds during the 2020 Summer transfer window, for £1m. He's played a handful of games for the first team, but not regularly. He joined Cardiff on loan during the second half of last season, impressing so much, he was named, both their player of the season, and young player of the season. Unfortunately, back at LS11, he has failed to make a dent in Jesse Marsch squad.

Drameh seems to be living up to his name. It is rumoured that his temperament has been called into question more than once, prompting speculation that he wants out. He has 19 months left on his contract.

Adams is one of the best Midfielders at the World Cup

Plaudits continue to reign down on Tyler Adams, as Team USA face what could be their last game in the 2022 World Cup. Nothing less than a win against Iran is needed, to take Gregg Berhalter's team through to the knockout stages, and a date with destiny.

Cast aside by RB Leipzig as surplus to requirements, Adams has taken the Premier League by storm since his £20m Summer move, and has quickly become a crowd favourite at Elland Road. At just 23yo, Adams is the youngest Captain at the World Cup, a responsibility he relishes, yet takes in his stride.

Speaking on FOX's World Cup Now show, former USA International's DaMarcus Beasley and Sacha Kljestan expressed their admiration for the Leeds star:-

'What he does for the US team is incredible. The way he tracks back, the way he covers… watch his aggression, look at his heart. You can tell he wants to win. It doesn’t matter who gave up the ball he’s gonna yell at… if it’s Christian [Pulisic], if it’s [Brenden] Aaronson, [Tim] Weah, it doesn’t matter. He just wants to win.

'His ability to be able to know when to… play simple, play long balls. I think he has a very high ceiling and I think he is one of the best midfielders in this tournament. Not just with the national team, but in this tournament.'

'I did say high ceiling but he doesn't have one, you know. I think he's that good and I think he's showing… and he’s even said it - this is the best he's felt, the best he’s played in a long time in his career so far. And he's only 23, and that’s crazy to say.

'But he's playing lights out. It's like he can't do anything wrong at the moment. And he's so important to the team and that's why Gregg Berhalter named him captain - cause they don't want to take him off the field and he's that important.'

Would you sell Adams

It's fair to say that Europe's elite are seeing the very best of Tyler Adams. He is making quite a name for himself on the biggest stage of them all. With the transfer window opening in little more than a month, would you consider selling him if a ridiculous offer were to come in for him, assuming Leeds could spend that money on new players! How much would it have to be?

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning no point in asking me if i would sell a player of course i would. Players are only an injury away from being worth nothing. I would also sell meslier for a decent fee as he is not the complete package.

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Great and mature answer from Adams to the stirring journo.

As he’s probably first name on the team sheet for us - he’s gotta be favourite for next captain. Well… If he’s not going to be captain for Real Madrid.

4. milkyboy

As for selling Adams. I would definitely want to keep him but everyone has a price when you’re where we are and can’t offer champion’s league.

I’m one of the few I imagine who’s with wakey re meslier too. I genuinely like him, and he’s very young still for a keeper- but for every great save that fans rave over there’s another ‘could have done better’ situation. For where we are, a maybe less gifted but perhaps safer pair of hands.. and feet… keeper would suffice.

I’m very happy with keeping him but if for example the Chelsea rumours had substance, and the offer was huge, i wouldn’t be gutted if he was replaced and the profits helped strengthen elsewhere.

ristac likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Great lad Tyler. Of course I wouldn't sell him but then I don't believe in selling the quality players. Ive stated my reasons many times and really can't be arsed anymore. Far too many fans happy to see us remain stationary or worse in the pl. No player should ever be sold before buying a better one to replace him with. If you can't find one then stick with what you have is my belief. Takes all sorts of course, were a diverse bunch

6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I do hope we dont sell Adams the keeper can go for me we still need a left back Wesley and a striker but notCDK HE HIS DOING NOTHING FOR Belgium

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Regarding Meslier, I am with Milky, I think we could do better. Meslier is a fantastic young keeper, a genuine world class prospect but at this very moment in time he is a decent PL keeper. Again I agree with Milky happy to keep him, equally happy to replace him if that huge offer came in.

Adams is a good player; I don't think he is as worldly as some are making out. We need some stability so it is important to keep him if we can but if a stupid offer came in for him simply because of the over inflated prices some pay after a world cup then I'd be open to him going but as long as we replace him and use the money

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  8. milkyboy

… Eire, it’s not wanting to remain stationary. It’s differences of opinion on how to progress without a Saudi buyer. In our financial circumstances, Buy young, sell in prime, reinvest profit in primarily more young players, is the model.

It seems pretty clear that Leeds were willing accomplices in the departures of raph and kp… but sometimes if the player wants to leave for champions league etc it’s hard to stop them unless you can afford to play hardball.

The point is we all want to keep our better players. But without richer owners how does your preferred model actually play out?

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

As has been said by just about everyone so far, everyone has a price and in my opinion if we cash in on Meslier I believe we have a better option in Robles. Better by being a lot more experienced and a better sweeper keeper. Meslier is still learning and is going to be one of the best. He does however cost us a few goals every season and yes he probably saves a lot more. Robles is a very good stopper. Selling Adams would probably be a backward step as we dont have a replacement and don’t think Greenwood is the answer.

I’m all for moving players on at a big profit, but we also need to try and cash in on game time from them. We tried with Gakpo to buy cheap but today his boss says he is worth £80m. Adams will be worth double what we paid for him….

10. Eireleeds1

Only my point of view but my opinion of the cash cow pl diminishes with each passing season. If I’m still about in five years I doubt I’ll be bothered watching let alone travel over for games. It’s just gone too far in my opinion. We buy Adam’s a few months back and now we have fans happy to talk about selling him for some grand ideal it will strengthen the team. News alert it won’t and a wedge of the cash will go towards paying installments in some of the donkeys we’ve bought

2 pennth likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

Buy two players with the money would be an option.

ristac likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Two Firpos and then were worse off. Are you suggesting we can't waste money

2 pennth likes this.
  13. wakeybreakyheart

How dare you we signed superstar firpo from real madrid he must be good.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

or Barcelona...

Aski, Eireleeds1 and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

Both pub league teams so no matter

ellandback likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Hopefully we didn’t sign two of them

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Not on Marsch's shift <whistle>

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m with Eire on this one. If you keep selling your successful players for the next young prospect you just stay stationary until that hot prospect doesn’t develop as well as you thought and then, like Southampton, you start going backwards. Eventually selling off all your best players catches up with you.

2 pennth and Eireleeds1 like this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Robles absolutely crap at Everton?