1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Tuesday 30th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Adiós Rodrigo

Rodrigo will try and force a Summer move back to LaLiga in an attempt to rescue his International career. The 30yo is desperate to be part of the Euro's, but lack of game time, and being played out of position has taken its toll on the Brazilian born star.

Like many of you, I believed this was nothing more than fiction. Unfortunately, it has gathered pace at such speed that there has to be more to this story than meets the eye. According to Spanish media outlet 'Fichajes', Rodrigo has made a request to Leeds Utd to leave this Summer.

With Bamford being in the form of his life, Bielsa had little option but to play Rodrigo out of position in the number 10 role. It hasn't been ideal, but we have seen glimpse's of brilliance from the Spaniard; but not enough to justify the 27m he cost.

It is believed that Real Betis and Sevilla will fight it out for his signature!

Were Leeds wrong to spend so much money on a player of Rodrigo's age? Surely the most they can expect now is 20m? Media outlets currently value him at 18m.

please log in to view this image

Rodrigo's replacement

Assuming our record signing departs back to the continent, Messrs Bielsa and Orta will want a worthwhile replacement.

Last Summer, Leeds were heavily linked to Udinese midfielder Rodrigo De Paul. The 26yo Argentine International has since been linked to the likes of Liverpool and Juventus; however, the bookies currently have Leeds as favourites to land him. Leeds 5/1 - Liverpool 6/1 - Juventus 10/1.

Yorkshire Evening Post, Smarterscout’s Dan Altman said: “There aren’t any central midfielders in Europe’s top five leagues who can match Rodrigo de Paul’s style of play and his pitch coverage. “He’s most active in the right channel, crossing midfield, but he can pop up almost anywhere.

He’s an avid defender, and his attacking contribution is huge at a Premier League standard. He’s Argentine and has enormous output on both sides of the ball, so he seems like a great fit for Bielsa’s Leeds.”

Espanyol striker Raul de Tomas has also caught the eye of the European Leeds scouts.

The 26-year-old has been in fine form this season, with 16 goals in 29 games for Espanyol in La Liga 2 (following their relegation last season).

The all round striker is a good dribbler, strong in the air and always contributes defensively.

The Hammers are lined up to sign the former Real Madrid hitman, but it seems Leeds have thrown a spanner in the works! Leicester City have also thrown their hat into the ring!

The Evening Standard are reporting that Leeds and Crystal Palace will fight it out with German giants Bayern Munich for PSV Eindhoven's attacking midfielder Noni Madueke.

The 19yo spent 4 years in the Spurs youth ranks before signing for the Dutch giants in 2018. During his time there, Madueke has continued to impress. This season he has scored 9 times, and registered 8 assists. He has even been given his England U21 debut this season.

Madueke is known to have a very strong left foot.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Guys, I have a 7.30am hospital appointment tomorrow.

Who wants to do the Breakfast Debate???

Irishshako likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I must admit as the stories started to emerge the other week I actually believed they had some substance back then. The body language of the player hasn’t looked right for a while, I had hoped he was just taking time to adjust and we’d see him on fire next season.

He might come out and say he’s happy and ignore the rumours however, if they are true we need to recoup as much as we can as he is going to be 31 this year and we’ll have very little resale value on him.

We were right signing him, our first season back, it’s not easy attracting the big names. Bamford starting on fire didn’t help the cause. With Geldhardt waiting in the wings I don’t believe we’ll replace Rodrigo with another striker, it’s more likely to be a central attacking midfield player.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Good luck for tomorrow Elland.<ok>

5. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Can't see anything in the Rodrigo thing. I get he's been dropped from the national team but he hasn't played loads and he's been on and off with injury. I don't think he'll go but if he does I think it'd be good to get a striker in who is happy to fight against Bamford for his place and an attacking midfielder who wants to do the leg work otherwise it doesn't work in our system. Also, if he does want to go we need to be getting the money we paid for him back too.

Doc likes this.
  6. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Will Roberts be disciplined by the club?

ristac likes this.
  7. Irishshako

I'm annoyed with the lack of loyalty from him if this is true. We aren't even at the end of a full season and he's acting as a spoiled twat. Billy must be turning in his grave. I've always wanted a side filled with British and Irish players because I've never trusted latin type footballers(yes there are exceptions) Great when things are going for them, sulky and disinterested when the going gets tough. <grr>

8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning from the city of dull.
    Rodrigo has been a big let down for me. He is no lone striker and is a waste of money. Paid way over the odds for him and they saw us coming i reckon. Get rid of him and the curfew kid to sevilla. Perhaps we can swap them for a decent midfielder

Irishshako likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

I will do it if they wish.

Irishshako and ristac like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wondered that myself

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

On Rodrigo

The story still comes from one red top Spanish journo and is full of could leave, maybe going to Real Bettis...... the story has been picked up and embellished by the usual suspects and just reproduced, rehashed and added to. After doing my own digging around I think its bollox as you only need to look at his Insta account and you see his wife and baby and a birthday cake from a couple of weeks ago on his 30th so will not be 31 until next March Ristac the pages are full of him wearing Leeds kit, playing for Leeds and his bio says Leeds Utd player, Nike footballer, from Leeds. Looks like a proud Leeds player to me. One of the stories links him to Seville because they want a striker and he apparently wants to be a striker again? Bollox he has recently stated that he prefers playing 7,8, 9 and 10 not a lone striker. i hope Im right but I will find out by the end of the day as I know a man who will know. You will also know that Smythy at the YEP has said nothing as he had an interview wit Rodrigo recently and it was all about him wanting to play in front of a full Leeds crowd, wanted to come out onto ER so fans could see him wearing their shirt. Wanted to help the club move forward......

I will do the breaky debate in the morning Elland :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Its just a sleep clinic.

Irishshako likes this.
  13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Well said OG

Wales have sent Hal Robson-Kanu, Tyler Roberts and Rabbi Matondo home after they breached squad protocols, with the trio thought to have broken the curfew at the team hotel on the outskirts of Cardiff following Saturday's victory at home to Mexico

14. Irishshako

Oh I thought you were getting your **** stirring cap surgically removed...:grin:

ellandback likes this.
  15. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Then again Shaks it could possibly all be complete bollocks and he hasn't said any of those things <whistle>

If so (and he'll no doubt have been made aware of the rumours) he should publicly denounce the rumours and put an end to the speculation once and for all.

16. Irishshako

True. I did say if true and if I'm wrong about these rumours I'll apologise, but just having these rumours after he's only been here a wet day pisses me off.<ok>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Its a mechanism to get to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

It's why I'm known as the 'voice of truth and justice'.

Irishshako likes this.
  18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Actually I wouldn't be that bothered if he left. Always thought we paid too much for him.

I'd be more concerned if Raphinha left. We need to bring more players in with his attitude/quality.

OLOF, Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  19. Irishshako

Also known in layman's terms as VOICE OF BOLLOCKS:emoticon-0105-wink:

OLOF, ellandback and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

Yes big hairy ones like Gorillas have got.

Irishshako likes this.