1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 8th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 8, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 8th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Perraud bound for St Mary's

Southampton look set to steal Romain Perraud from under their noses of Leeds according to articles from the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has made the versatile 23yo his top Summer target as he looks to add strength to his struggling squad.

Leeds have fought hard to bring Brest's financial expectations down, and it is believed a fee of 8.5m will secure the deal. Leeds were in prime location to snap Perraud up, but an 18m price tag convinced Victor Orta to continue his search in La Liga

please log in to view this image

Harrison to sign today

Jack Harrison will put pen to paper today, and sign permanently for the Whites. The 24yo has been in fantastic form recently, and was unlucky not to be included in Gareth Southgate's England team. Fortunately for Leeds, Manchester City fixed the fee three years ago, and although it was tweaked from 10m to 12m last Summer, it still represents amazing value for money!

Harrison will become Leeds first permanent signing of the Summer, pledging his future for the next four or five years.

Orta has already held talks with Kvaratskhelia

Victor Orta has held talks with the agent of Khvicha Kvaratskhelia according to various media reports. The Rubin Kazan winger is in high demand after a breathtaking season for the Russian outfit. Their Sporting Director Oleg Yarovinsky admitted he was free to leave, even if his departure will “hurt”.

Georgian journalist Lasha Kokiashvili says there is great interest in the 20-year-old and states talks have already been completed with Orta, with the player's future soon to be resolved. A fee of 20-25m will be a drop in the ocean if Georgian International continuous to improve at the rate he has been!

Bielsa should be named Manager of the year - Cascarino

Former Republic of Ireland striker Tony Cascarino believes Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa should be named the manager of the year.

The TalkSPORT host believes the Whites over achieved this season. He also praised the Argentine's style of play:-

"He (Bielsa) would be my number one choice. He overachieved with the Leeds team. "I thought the way Leeds played, they became a far better team at the end of the season than they were at the start.

"I love watching Leeds. From the opening game when they lost 4-3 against Liverpool I thought they were going to be a roller coaster.

"By the end of the season, I was like ‘They’re tough to play against.’ Bielsa improved his team a hell of a lot. His achievements were extraordinary."

Attached Files:

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Last season, we were newly promoted yet we still managed to sell ourselves in the transfer market to the likes of Llorente, Koch, Rodrigo and Raphinha so I’ve little doubt if Perraud was a definite target we’d beat Southampton to his signature. It just shows how far the entire LUFC setup has taken us since the darker days of Bates, GFH and Cellino.

I’m not 100% convinced on Harrison but Bielsa is so let’s get it done, saying that he is better than Poveda and Costa.

I’m usually excited about a transfer widow and prior to Bielsa it was a dozen or so years of excitement followed by extreme disappointment, I never seemed to learn.

This season I genuinely don’t care I really don’t. I hope whoever Bielsa has given the nod to is in nice and quick to settle them in but I’ve got total faith in that “we’ll get it right”. I think it also helps that we more than held our own last season and we’ve some strong contenders in the U23s so even 1 or 2 quality signings will improve us.

3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Got to agree in costa and poveda. We must get rid and bring in better. I fully expect both to be gone if only on loan by the new year at latest and maybe sooner. We cannot afford to carry players who do not have the mentality required to achieve top six. Harrison is a funny one as he has long spells of being average at best. I read he had mental type coaching to give him confidence. He now needs to kick on and reach another level and only he can do that.

SIDDAS and ristac like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

The return from injury of moreno.. Llorente etc is what improved us in last part of the season. Quality is just that and two quality signing ill be better that three with potential. We already have those in the U23s.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Exactly this

ristac likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Big news today (If true) Olly Casey will sign a permanent deal with Blackpool. Think a fee is being negotiated and personal terms are done. On a personal note I wish the kid luck and he will know he has been a massive part of the success of our Development squad for a couple of years. He has been part of the best defensive partnership in Premier League 2 Div 2 alongside his mate Charlie Cresswell.

He will obviously be well aware that breaking through into our first team is going to be difficult for the 20yo, so needs to find his own career elsewhere now. He is in reality behind 18yo Cresswell, Struijk, Cooper, Koch and Llorente. He can also play midfield and has been schooled in the right way, so Blackpool are getting a potential diamond

7. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. Thanks to Radrizzani and the genius of Marcelo Bielsa I believe a couple of good signings will move us from being a good team into a team that will be challenging for the Championship.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like Pochetino is doing some damage to Barcelona and Real Madrid as yet again PSG have hijacked a player expected to sign for them. Gianluigi Donnarumma The 22yo Italian National keeper is joining PSG on a 5 year contract paying him £240kpwk. Yes £12m pa. he left AC Milan in a free after spending 5 years there, but they have no money, so plenty of top players are running contracts down and just walking. This lack of actual transfer fees will have an impact this Summer as the usual cash will not be washing through the system. PSG, Barcelona and real Madrid are selling but only signing free contract players or loan players. Everton are in a quandry because Moise Kean is wanted by PSG but only on loan as they refuse to pay the £45m and nobody else will pay it, not even Juventus who want him back, so Everton will have less cash for the new manager whoever he is

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Ell it's Tuesday not Wednesday mate <doh>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Cheers pal

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Nice bit of commission there for you ell :biggrin: wonder how much you'll make on his Southampton mansion <whistle>

hemase, ristac and ellandback like this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bielsa obviously leaving then

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The above photo from TA also shows the pitch refurb happening, which is going to be a mirror of the new surface at ER, which is yet another thing Bielsa wanted and got

hemase, SIDDAS and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

BHA have now put a £50m price tag on Ben White……………. Thanks Mr Bielsa

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

2%, unless you're Brett Ormarod who screwed me over..

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    hemase and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Only really saw him in the cup game and said at the time I didn't see a top, top level player there but, like you, if true, I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a really good career :emoticon-0148-yes:

Doc likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Whitejock likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Would you believe this if you didn't see it? Our Lord taking the u11s on a Monday night. Can you imagine any other great coach doing this?

EDIT: Bollocks! Posted this before I started reading the thread. Sorry, @Doc

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Doc and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

They might have got a Bielsa lookalike to scare the s*it out of the kids

Whitejock likes this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Saints have agreed personal terms with Perraud!!!!!!!