1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 9th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 9, 2021.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

yep Doc. The better sides with better players keep the ball better. If you go to this table and sort by pass %, you see who the good sides are... we're doing great with the resources we have... we just need to continually upgrade the calibre of player and gradually the side gets a bit better in every aspect.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021

2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

VAR is supposedly there to correct incorrect decisions. Last night it showed that the offside call was incorrect and the goal should have stood - we could all see it. The West Ham defender's heel was playing Costa onside and yet the decision was allowed to stand.

Ok, if VAR didn't exist then we'd have just grudgingly accepted the decision and carried on. But it does exist and if its not doing what it's supposed to do then what's the point of it?

OLOF, leeds down south, Gessa and 6 others like this.
  3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

A. We beat ourselves....we keep making the same mistakes which results in getting.... well the same result.
    B. Paddy more than anyone knows he should have definitely got 2 more to his tally he's intelligent enough to know that I'm sure.
    C. Klich is way out of form and should be rested,he doesn't even seem to attempt any shots anymore and he can score some beauties as we know, is bielsa being to loyal in this respect I think he is.
    D. VAR, when you start drawing lines up and down, side to side etc to determine whether some millimetre of the anatomy is not playing the game, the game is straying into stupidity for me.
    E. I would love to wipe that stupid smirk of lingards face...tosser

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Spot on Essex, it's almost as though the authorities don't want to lose face and admit that it's not working and it's been an expensive failure and to either limit it's use or start again with a different system.<ok>

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  5. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

The only comfort i can take from last night, was it was a monday, and so didn't ruin my weekend. :(
    Morning all.

6. Irishshako

Just your week:emoticon-0136-giggl

7. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Exactly, it's as though they are now going out of their way to rule out a goal, and to say what a wonderfull system it is, well i got news for them, it ain't & i have yet to see a footballer/fan/pundit praise the system, it needs to go & as i have said before just keep goal line technology.

8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Stop talking sense it’s not in the brief :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I believe we have had 3 good goals ruled out by VAR and just o be factually correct it wasn't VAR it was a bloke looking at a screen and his interpretation of VAR. Its crap and spoiling football.

I believe we have also benefited from VAR but can anyone say if the ones we benefited from were correct? I seem to remember we got away with having a good goal ruled out but the others were all correct so should have been ruled out

So in my view we lose 3-1 by VAR

Gessa and Makemstine Roger like this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all we lost and we had the chances to at least draw. Var was correct it was just offside so no grumbles from me. Need toupgrade to faster and more skillful players. Klich/Ayling /Alioski/Cooper /rodrigo /harrison/costa are all not good enough. We are too slow individually and will be in bottom three next season without new players. As for Bielsa he just can't /will not sort the mistakes out. So it will be a poor end to the season with this squad. Bamford for England don't make me laugh.

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Or accept we lost the game and don't blame var.

12. Irishshako

We lost the game because Costa can't hit the target and Bamford missed at least two chances that even Stevie Wonder would have put away.<ok>

OLOF, Gessa, Makemstine Roger and 3 others like this.
  13. CreativeMenace

CreativeMenace Active Member

We looked so much better with Rodrigo, Alioski and Harrison on. I've never liked Dallas in midfield but he's done a real job there lately, so fair play to him. Ayling just not having any luck, absolutely nothing seems to go his way. Maybe give Drameh a few games for experience and to take Ayling out of the firing line. Cooper hasn't done a lot wrong but Struijk gives us far more aerial authority. Those bloody lines on var, maybe my eyesight is just rubbish (it is) but half the time, even when the pundits agree with the decision, I simply don't agree.

14. oldschool

VAR...killing footy as I knew, and maybe the offside rule needs the overall because the new miniscule microbe offside is beyond ridicule how many actually favour this new version? As for poor end to the season most would have settled for 17th in reality ask wba fans if they would!.... bamford for England I've seen worse wearing the 3 lions...of course he should have buried the 2 easy one's,and what would the opinions been if he had 15 goals and counting in first season back when most would have been asking is he going to hack it,do we need better in reality if we want to get back into Europe and hopefully winning a trophy, well yes we do but it takes time and planning....even purple nose had to wait till he was a "Messiah"

15. FORZA LEEDS

Trouble is Stevie Wonder was in charge of VAR :emoticon-0136-giggl

OLOF, Gessa, Makemstine Roger and 2 others like this.
  16. oldschool

I just called to say it's offside,and I mean it's by a hair on his knee :emoticon-0159-music

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

By all means keep VAR but it must just be a quick look for anything missed and if its close, then its on side. Benefit of the doubt was brought in to be fair and it has gone teets up since VaR. If its close its on

18. Irishshako

<laugh> wahey<ok>

Makemstine Roger and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. FORZA LEEDS

:emoticon-0159-music He’s Misstra know-it-all :emoticon-0159-music

20. Irishshako

The problem is we aren't picking up points from teams like W.Ham, we still have scum, man.c, chelsea, liverpool, spurs to come and maybe only the Liverpool game can I see us picking up anything. Then we've horrible matches against teams like burnley,sheff utd . <wah>