1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th April)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 14, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 14th April, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Kris Boyd - Leeds rant on Sky Sports

Rangers legend Kris Boyd launched a ferocious attack on Marcelo Bielsa on Sky Sports at the weekend, claiming the Argentine is only doing what the Blades did last season. He even suggested that with the amount Bielsa spent last Summer, the Whites should be further up the pecking order!

Boyd: "But I think a lot of is overhyped as well, when you take into consideration what Leeds are spending, there's a lot of their players probably having their best season ever. "I think Patrick Bamford is only a couple of goals away from his best season ever which is fantastic but there's a lot of things pointing here to the fact they might, a lot of their players might be overachieving.

"All we here is Marcelo Bielsa is this master tactician, Chris Wilder did the exact same last season. "I know there were some plaudits there but when you take into consideration at what Leeds are spending, I think they maybe should be doing even better."

Stelling: "Kris, where have they spent big, who have they spent big on?"

Boyd: "Look at their transfer in the summer, I'll let you work it out and come back to me Jeff. You go and look at the money they spent in the summer.

Stelling: "Yeah, you tell me, what money did they spend in the summer? Raphinha cost £17m, Isn't that, you know...?"

Boyd: "It was nearly £100m in the summer they spent coming up. They spent a lot of money and a lot of people are speaking about Bielsa and the way they've gone about it. They've been a fantastic watch but it is so open. The games are so open. "A lot of people are delighted with the job Bielsa has done...next season, next season we will see."

Stelling: "Kris, some of the sides they are playing against have spent as much on one player as Leeds United have spent on their entire squad."

Boyd: "Jeff, I think if you go and look at the goal scored against..."

"Stelling: "Just over £100m on nine players. Is that a huge amount?"

Boyd: "Jeff, now we are getting there, because you said what money did they spend, a £100m is a lot of money."

Stelling: "Well, you've gone up the Premier League, you've bought nine players, you've not gone up and bought a 50, 60, £70m player, have they? "What, not spend any money and go straight back down again? What about when they've gone to Leicester and won, gone to Aston Villa and won? "They've been brilliant at times."

please log in to view this image

Hay reveals top three players

Phil Hay was recently asked who his top three players were. The Athletic journalist replied:-

I’m going 1) Stuart Dallas 2) Patrick Bamford 3) Raphinha — which was your top three too. I went for Dallas as player of the year last season as well. I’ve almost run out of things to say about him. He’s like the T-1000 from Terminator. Tell him to be a goalkeeper and he turns himself into one (without indiscriminately killing people at the same time).

When asked whether Dallas will keep his place next season, Hay replied:-

That probably depends on two things — whether Klich can rediscover his mojo and which midfielders arrive in the transfer window. But in this form, it would be very difficult to drop him. From right winger through right-back and left-back, he’s actually starting to look like a quality centre-mid.

Leeds linked to central defenders

Italian outlet Tutto Mercato claim that Leeds have made enquiries about Sampdoria's Omar Colley. Standing at 6ft 3', the centre back is unsurprisingly known for his ability to defend set pieces. The 28yo has represented Gambia on 24 occasions.

With Cooper, Llorente, Struijk and Koch all vying for two places, why would Leeds be interested in another centre back, especially one that signed a four year extension only months ago!

Other media reports this morning suggest that the Whites are monitoring Torino centre back Nicolas Nkoulou. Bielsa knows the player well, having coached him during his tenure at Marseille. He's 31 and has 75 International caps for Cameroon. Nkoulou will become a free agent this Summer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    SIDDAS and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Boyd is a ****er, you can't compare the way the Whites play to how the boring football the Blades play. Where do sky find these ****ing pundits.<grr> Morning all by the way.:grin:

3. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Kris Boyd is a Scottish former professional footballer who played as a forward.
    Had to google that.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Pundits are dickheads, its a fact because they open gheir mouths and wish they hadn't all too often.

Bielsa will not bring in Colley because hes 31 and if he were to do that he would be forced into selling a CB and it will be Struijk. Leeds have 4 top CBs already and Cresswell hoping to break through, so this wont happen.

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Who can disagree with Dallas being player of the season. Yes Raphinha has been brilliant and Bamfords goals were unexpected but Dallas wow

blonogasoven, Gessa, ristac and 4 others like this.
  6. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Boyd is just another no nothing ex player who has come up with an ill informed opinion to keep himself relevant. Fair play to Stelling for putting him right.

Cant imagine the story about looking at another CB as we have four top class ones already fighting for two spots.

ristac, SIDDAS and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  7. Irishshako

I've seen him play for Rangers, I didn't think he was a stupid twat.:)

SIDDAS likes this.
  8. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

If Boyd was a serious pundit a quick Google would've told him that we have the 17th most expensive squad in the Premier League. Our squad cost less than Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton, Sheffield United etc. Not only that but more than half the cost of the squad (Koch, Llorente and Rodrigo) has been out injured for the majority of the season. If we compare squad cost to league position we're outperforming by seven places, only West Ham can match that.

Boyd isn't knowledgeable enough to be a serious pundit though, there's only money in that if you're really good, but he is quite happy taking money for being controversial. It's our own faults really, the fact that we keep talking about these pundits keeps them in a job.

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

NostradEmus and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. Irishshako

I blame Elland:)

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

<laugh> Ffs don't start that again <doh>

12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

With absolutely no research i concur with your statement.

13. Irishshako

<laugh>

14. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I think since the new signings started to play Leeds have moved up a couple of gears. Any team not aware of this is in for a surprise.

15. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Excellent results for Jimmy since taking over-
    upload_2021-4-14_11-54-57.png

38 pts from 19 games. They only had 13 pts from their first 21.

16. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

On Transfers I'm believing nothing till a player is in the building.
    We are clickbait every internet football News website know that. they know their pages will get plenty of activity just mentioning a Leeds United transfer story.
    As on Kris Boyd he just saw the £100m on transfers and put no research into it.
    We signed Meslier,Costa,Koch,Llorente,Raphinha,Rodrigo.
    Four of these signings have played under 38% of our League campaign
    Rodrigo Has played 12 Games from 31
    Koch 11 Has played 11 Games from 31
    Llorente 08 Has played 8 Games from 31
    Costa warms the bench
    Only Meslier and Raphinha firm fixtures this season.
    So where he gets we should be HIGHER in the league with these players is a bit silly aint it.
    Pundits are nobodies if they were that good they be chancing their arm at actual management but they won't coz they know they know jackshyte.
    Look what Alan Shearer did at the Barcodes. came in as (interim) manager the saviour "GOD" to make a difference. well he certainly did make a difference he got the fu&kers relegated :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0140-rofl:

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly this, it’s not really Boyds fault, he is just ill educated and not up to a standard you’d expect from a TV pundit, blame Sky for employing such dross

bucks_is_leeds and Irishshako like this.
  18. Irishshako

You see the good in everyone Ristac:grin:

19. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

20. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Me too....

blonogasoven and Irishshako like this.