1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 15th September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 15, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 15th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Have Leeds defied Bielsa by appeal

Following the 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool on Sunday, Bielsa made his feelings very clear regarding Struijk's early bath.

Speaking at his post match press conference, the Argentine was quoted as saying "For me, the referee decides, he has enough resources to make the decision. I don't know why the decision was not immediate and it was after. I never like to condition the decisions the referee makes".

Everything out of Bielsa's mouth strongly indicates that there will be no appeal against the red card, yet the club have submitted the paperwork anyway! Will Bielsa feel that the club have gone over his head?

please log in to view this image

Leeds appeal Struijk's red card

Leeds United have launched an appeal against Palcal Struijk's straight red card he received last weekend. An independent regulatory commission at the FA will review the incident and decide whether the defender exhibited serious foul play in his tackle on Elliott.

In the unlikely event that the panel consider that there was no justification for the appeal, they can increase Struijk's ban to four games.

Radrizzani put his head on the block bringing Bielsa to ER

In his latest podcast Phil Hay has revealed that Chairman Andrea Radrizzani was inundated with messages of concern about bringing Bielsa to Elland Road after it was leaked that the Argentine could be on his way to LS11 three years ago.

According to Hay:“It was funny because when he first started getting wind of it, somebody from ESPN got in touch with me and said, ‘I’ve heard Leeds are looking quite closely at him and are very interested in him’,” said Hay.

“He sort of said it as a bit of a kicker, ‘I could see that being an absolute disaster’. And that kind of related to the fact that Bielsa developed a reputation for being extremely volatile.

“Everybody had this image of a bit of a madman who was difficult to please and could leave a club at a drop of a hat like he did at Marseille and Lazio, where he didn’t even make it through the door.

“There were a lot of people who were messaging Radrizzani when it became clear that Leeds were going to do this to say to him, ‘look, is this the right decision, is this a bit of a risk? I’m not sure you should be doing this’.

“Orta had to say to him, ‘just hold your nerve, if something goes wrong you can sack me if this goes wrong but I will stick my head out and I will take the chance with this because I think it can be sensational’.”

ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Love Bielsa to bits he's been my Fav Manager in my lifetime since Wilko. (wasn't around for the Revie years)
    Defied him or not, this was the correct decision to take.
    Maybe he thinks it's pointless challenging it from past encounters because these people have so many other people covering their backs and changing outcomes they don't do it lightly.
    Doesn't matter if we get the red turned or not, it had to be challenged. I think we have the advantage but these people can turn things with a click of the fingers.
    Time to get behind the team and behind the club massive game Friday night. not as in the loser will struggle and go down but for momentum and getting some feel good factor back.
    If somehow we do lose this social media lot are going to go a digging and need to stop this bad energy ASAP.
    MOT ! MARCHING ON TOGETHER !

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Another kid out of the door at Leeds this summer because he was behind 17yo Max Dean who is behind Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood. So feel for 18yo Jimiel Chikukwa as he scored over 60 goals for the club at U16 and U18 level but was struggling to break into the U23 set up. Remember we are still waiting to see where Bobby Kamwa goes as he has also been left out in the cold. It looks like young Jimiel will sign for Watford.

What does substantial mean? Well as we suspected Leeds allowed Niall Huggins to sign for Sunderland on a 4 year deal for free, but insisted on a substantial sell on clause. Seems good business for both parties as Sunderland get a top prospect for no cash, but if Huggins lives up to expectations he will be worth many millions and substantial I would say means at least 50% would go to Leeds.

Bryce Hosannah and Jordan Stevens and Robbie Gotts were in the last year of their contracts whereasHuggins had 2 years to run, so the sell on clauses for these players would be in the range of 15/20% I’m guessing

Casey was highly thought of too so guessing he will also have a sell on clause

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This the headline in the Athletic and all about Rodrigo. So can someone tell me why we are not seeing it on the pitch?

Report: Bielsa and Leeds coaching staff have all been really impressed by 'brilliant' player in training

5. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Ban upheld.

We can confirm that our appeal against Pascal Struijk’s red card has been unsuccessful.

Pascal will miss our next three games against Newcastle United, Fulham (Carabao Cup) and West Ham United.

We will make no further comment at this time.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It seems Pawson has lied because he said the red card was his decision at the time even though he never blew for a foul? VAR couldnt see anything wrong with his decision so red card stands. How the fk do these twats get away with blatant lies? E should have blown for a foul but didnt see anything wrong with the tackle and allowed play to go on….. then Klopp got involved and then the red card shown.

7. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

We all knew didn't we !
    they just sit in their offices covering each others backs with love juice. Then pat each other on the head telling each other what a great job they are doing.
    Absolute pathetic !

8. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Joke of a decision on the day and another one today. Perfect example of covering each others backs and making sure the refs don't look weak.

Time to move on and plan for the games he is missing. If Koch & Llorente are both gonna be out then it will be Ayling in the middle with Shack at rb, not the worst but still not ideal.

OLOF, bucks_is_leeds, ristac and 3 others like this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Morning,

Hopefully we can turn this injustice into a positive to galvanise our season. The players will have an 'us against them mentality' after this.

Ayling has been woeful at RB, I think he'll do a good job at CB. Dallas RB and Klich in midfield.

OLOF, ristac, Gessa and 2 others like this.
  10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

The FA have put themselves right in it now. any tackle that involves an injury is a 3 match ban even if it's accidental or not.
    as its the only explanation of the outcome right?

OLOF, ristac and Gessa like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

All of that works yet there is nothing behind it if it doesn't work on the pitch. Roberts and James then we are into untried 23s

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

The FA, Klopp and the referees in general are a shower of cnuts, Bielsa needs to start challenging the officials like red nose used to do, in the end there was a certain degree of fear from him challenging there decisions.
    Young Sturijk must be disappointed in all of this and hope he doesn’t decide to fck off, this lad is going to be special.

OLOF likes this.
  13. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

What a sound lad this Harvey Elliott is he ad no need to do this at all.

Elliott has responded to the news, posting on Instagram: "Sorry about this Pascal. I think it's wrong! But it'll soon blow over brother and you'll be back in no time smashing it again. Keep positive."

14. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

446AA906-7E9C-4642-8B9B-46114245714E.jpeg
    Shocking decision but is anyone really surprised? Refs need to be better, VAR needs to be better and it needs to be used better. Why not mic up the refs like in Rugby? Why is there no respect in football? Doesn’t help decision making. Poor. But Harvey Elliott has handled himself well throughout, fair play.

15. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

If we play Ayling at cb and Shack at Rb we could see more down the right from Raphinia.
    Ayling seems to be slower this year and has been overlapping less. Shacks pace could see this important attacking tool return.

16. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

It's a bit like a vote of confidence.

ristac and Doc like this.
  17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

As all have said poor decision but an expected one tbh.

Harvey Elliott has acted with class and dignity throughout all of this, full respect to the lad.
    His manager could learn a thing or two from him.

OLOF, 2 pennth, FORZA LEEDS and 6 others like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Was just going to say exactly that

Gessa likes this.
  19. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

klopp....substitute his 2pp's for 2t's and that sums him up!

southernwhite and Gessa like this.
  20. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Agree mate but "back in no time smashing it again" is a slightly odd choice of words all things considered <whistle>

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes: