1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 17, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 17th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Speculation grows due to Cooper's 'illness'

Scotland Manager Steve Clarke has ruled Leeds skipper out of the World Cup qualifiers at the end of the month, against Austria, Israel and the Faroe Islands citing 'he's not available'.

"He's not available for the games," "I spoke to Liam. He could maybe have been available for the third game but it's not going to happen. We had a good chat about it and decided to go with the ones I've picked."

The 29yo missed Saturday lunchtime's clash against Chelsea at Elland Road due to 'illness', with Bielsa only stating 'he's sick'.

Whilst it's common this time of year to contract colds, flu and other similar ailments, the effects should only keep a professional athletic in his prime out of action for perhaps a week, 10 days. With Clarke ruling the former Hull City defender out when their games are almost a fortnight away indicates there is more to this than meets the eye.

Speculation on social media is rife that Cooper has contracted the Corona Virus, thus taking the proper isolation procedures. We know from the past that Bielsa will keep tight lipped to protect his players from media speculation.

please log in to view this image

Major injury blows ahead of West London clash

Leeds will travel down to Craven Cottage on Friday evening without the services of Skipper Liam Cooper, and almost certainly Patrick Bamford. As we have heard, Cooper has been ruled out of action for the rest of the month with 'illness' whilst and their leading goal scorer has not fully recovered for his leg injury, sustained last weekend against Chelsea.

Will Bielsa bow to public pressure, and promote teenage sensation Joe Gelhardt to lead the line against the Cottagers, or rely on a combination of Rodrigo and Tyler Roberts?

With Koch proving his fitness for the U23's against Newcastle on Monday, will Bielsa throw the German International in at the deep end to partner either Llorente or Struijk?

Who would you like to see start?

Whitejock, Gessa and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

No brainer for CBs as Struijk is a natural left side CB so he replaces Cooper and plays alongside Llorente with Koch on the bench.

Striker will be Roberts with Rodrigo as 10 and Joffy should be on the bench waiting for Roberts to fail.

With regard to Koch this game against Fulham was one if his first for us and remember how he he got elbowed in the face by the big Serb striker, but how Koch kept him in his pocket all match after that and kept him out of the game.

I worry about Alioski as he will ot be able to keep up with the pace down either flank and Ayling is going to struggle against Lookman. Is it time for Davies at LB if Dallas not playing their?

3. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Top'o'the morning to yous all
    :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

4. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I think it speaks volumes that despite our Captain and longest serving CB being out there is little concern over that position. We have seen enough this season that whichever pairing is picked to play there we will have little problem.

Llorente and Struijk have shown they are good together but if he plays Llorente and Koch together we would have to make do with a pairing of German & Spanish internationals.

If Bamford is out I would start with Roberts up top and Rodrigo behind him with the young lad on the bench.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  5. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

I think we'll go with Llorente and Struijk with Koch on the bench as both did well last weekend.

Roberts will play at 9 with Klich playing in the 10 or just ahead of Dallas. I think Rodrigo will come on at half time or around the 60 minutes mark. Gelhardt will make the bench and as I mentioned yesterday I don't think we'll see him until we're safe or at best in the first cup game next season which I think is fair. Imagine Bielsa started him and he was awful? Wouldn't be good for a young players mentality so he'll wait.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all,

Happy birthday Shaks <cheers>

7. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Mitrovic scored two goals that game and too be honest I can't remember the elbow. I do recall the exact situation you described happening to Ben White when we beat them 3-0 towards the end of last season.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just checked and you are right mate it was the season before mix up because that match was well after project restart and seemed to be this season. Sorry for that

Makemstine Roger and Aski like this.
  9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Shaks

Irishshako and Makemstine Roger like this.
  10. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Hey pickled Paddy have a grand one my friend :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Irishshako, Whitejock, Gessa and 2 others like this.

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Many Happy Returns Shako

12. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

No worries Doc with such a short pre season the end of last and start of this just seem to merge into one, plus both those games were played relatively close together, think it was easily done. I had to check before posting as I wondered if I had remembered it wrong

Doc and Makemstine Roger like this.
  13. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAKO

have a great one mate

<cheers><cheers>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Irishshako, Marcos Barber and Gessa like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rodrigo has a slight muscle strain FFS but Bamford should be fit?, well all I can say is can we please make sure wehave Gelhardt or Greenwood on the bench, maybe both as Roberts and Bamford may need replacing

15. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Klich also an option that Bielsa is likely to use prior to using the youngsters. Maybe Shacks if he's back fit too?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKER.......have a nice herbal tea to celebrate:emoticon-0105-wink:

Makemstine Roger and Irishshako like this.
  17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Shaks. Nice to see that you've managed to get out to celebrate .... :D

18. Marcos Barber

No chance mate, takes him more than 2 Days to get over a normal day on the sauce, never mind a Birthday booze up :emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Marcos Barber

The bit of hair showing under the cap shows this is a fake I am afraid :emoticon-0126-nerd:

20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

It's OLOF's rug. Shaks found it on the deck after OLOF got stuck up a tree. Shaks told him there was a free beer font at the top of the tree, and OLOF believed him. Note that it's also OLOF's beer that he's drinking. BEWARE AT THE NEXT MEET_UP!!! <whistle>