1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st April)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last season we had his younger brother playing and he was gash wasnt he. But this season Paddy snr should be playing for England. Paddy Jnr had bad eyesight and hit the woodwork a lot but Snr is more like William Tell

2. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

American-style European Super League was planned in secret for years
    Leaked documents for the European Super League revealed that the plan was for it to closely shadow the structure of leading US sports leagues amid claims that games could be less than 90 minutes.
    The Times has been told that similar to the American football and basketball leagues, the proposals included plans to cap clubs’ salary payments and clubs would earn huge profits from revenue-sharing agreements.
    The cap on player salaries was to be 55 per cent of club income. European clubs typically spend about 70-80 per cent on salaries.
    The “closed” structure of the league also resembled American sports where teams are not relegated if they perform poorly — guaranteeing them a lucrative source of income.

Of the 12 European clubs who signed up for the league this week, four have American owners: Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and AC Milan.

So plotting for years, the punishment should be greater............

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  3. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Can't help but finding myself praising the players who got us promoted and already safe with half a dozen games to go, weird I know!

4. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

they’ve done great haven’t they. Overcome limitations in ability with effort teamwork and discipline.

unlike Matt, I don’t think it was a case of ‘showing too much respect’ first half... not for the first time we just witnessed better footballing talent neutralising our advantages and consequently allowing them to showcase their ability. Second half the dippers slowed down, couldn’t keep the press up, we had more time on the ball and let our fitness and teamwork dominate.

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

And we all know why he has come out with that lame statement because he saw the super League being torpedoed by the fans, he along with the other money gabbers don't even know that word exists....we are the power

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Amazing how we got promoted really as having Barndoor Bamford in the side was like boxing one handed and Bielsa didnt even know where to play Dallas so what does he know. <laugh>

hemase and Marcos Barber like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

More chance of Leeds being deducted 15 points for wearing shirts in demonstration

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Was thinking, the other night with a few minutes left Pablo was brought on and added nothing. Maybe Gelhardt could have had those minutes and told to go do some damage. He can play 8,9 or 10 so could have done it, would it have hurt?

9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Not having a go at bamford, just an observation or aren't we allowed to say anything that maybe taken as a negative comment. The same with Philips, it seems you can't say anything bad about his performances either.:)

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Phillips was just ordinary against victimpool. He never seems to get forward anymore.

Irishshako likes this.

11. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Have you read and listened to all the bullsh1t the so called owners/chairman have come out and said, fck you should be the answer, this super league has taken months of hard negotiating, collective satellite meetings behind closed doors in total privacy and sworn secrecy!!!!
    I say hammer them and the clubs, not with fines, the FA would proberbly skim the monies, hit them with points deduction NOW, 10 pts minimum then see them scream like bitches, the FA can accuse agents of being involved so get rid of all them blood sucking rats that they are, why not put a FA representative in each Prem club who represents all the players and he takes care of there welfare, just a thought the last bit.

FORZA LEEDS, Doc, Whitejock and 2 others like this.
  12. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Watch it Wakey you could get a ban:)

13. wakeybreakyheart

I was never that lucky.

Irishshako likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think Phillips was double teamed and the way they used their wing backs had our midfield torn open in the first half. Bielsa needed to sort it at half time and from there Phillips went back to defensive quarterback duties and advanced further forward allowing us to dictate the last half hour. The lad can only do what he can do depending on how the opposition set up.

15. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

My (very, very hopeful) take on Pablo's appearance is that Bielsa has finally had enough of Roberts & took the opportunity to shake some of the rust from Pablo, with a view to giving him a final run - as long as he produces, of course. I think that if I'm even close to being correct, replacing Roberts with Joffy wouldn't send out quite the same message. Fingers crossed.

Then again, "Interpretation" was always the part of the english syllabus that I failed miserably in. I'm the only person I know who thought the book 1984 had a happy ending. My schoolteachers tried to beat that one out of me, btw. They failed - & I got an A for my english 'O grade' (none of your A+ nonsense when I was a boy).

Doc and Irishshako like this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m glad it’s been stopped but I’m not in favour of a points deduction, why punish the fans who in fairness stood against it with the supporters of the clubs. And players and managers knew nothing, thrown under the bus if the truth be known. Let’s hope that’s the last of it and these owners leave English football.

17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

So a couple more quick questions for you all. Are we still so happy for increased investment from the 49rs?
    Would you still be so keen to see them takeover from Radz?

18. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

My punishment for the top 6 would be a ban from European football for five years and all the owners and CEO's who put their name to the super league proposal banned from football for life, meaning all teams would have to be sold with the buyers being properly vetted to pass the fit and proper persons ruling.
    This would mean the elite players would all be sold at a bargain price to the clubs that are happy with how the league structure works and these billionaire owners lose a hell of a lot of money, whilst these super 6 struggle for a good few years<cheers>

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

Or now have the 49ers scored an own goal.

20. wakeybreakyheart

Our fans were punished.