1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 26, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 26th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Winter of discontent for the U23's

Joe Gelhardt was spotted in the stands supporting his teammates on Monday Evening, as they were ripped apart by Blackburn Rovers. Even with Leo Hjelde, Lewis Bate, Liam McCarron and Stuart McKinstry all starting for the U23's, the Riversiders netted four times, without response. Unfortunately for the Whites, it was decided that as Gelhardt played a ten-minute cameo against Newcastle on Saturday, that he would be rested for the relegation six pointer. The devastating loss moves Blackburn within a point of Leeds who are third from bottom.

Their form this season raises questions from both Mark Jackson and Marcelo Bielsa. Whilst many will argue that including some of the youngsters in first team affairs has weakened the U23 squad, there seems to be discontent in the youth camp. It has been well documented that Cody Drameh joined Cardiff on loan against Bielsa's wish, and now more players including Crysencio Summerville could be departing. The 20yo is frustrated at the amount of first team opportunities and (apparently) is close to signing a loan to buy deal with German outfit Hamburg.

The Dutch winger missed the 4-0 hammering on Monday evening, though his absence has not been explained. If he was injured, surely we would have heard about it?

please log in to view this image

JKA diagnosed with GBS

Former Whites striker Jean-Kevin Augustin has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, a very rare and serious condition where your body's immune system attacks the nerves. It is not known how long the former French U21 has had the condition, but it could go a long way to describe his performances on the pitch. The side effects include lack of balance and co-ordination, muscle weakness and diarrhea. These issues beautifully sum up his performances for Leeds. The report also indicates Augustin has suffered from long Covid and depression. He is currently contracted to Nantes second team, who play in the fourth tier of French football.

Leeds are appealing the 18m payment they promised RB Leipzig (for Augustin) on technical grounds, and will appear at the Arbitration for Sport on the 15th March.

YEP link Leeds to Spanish ace

The Yorkshire Evening Post are reporting that Leeds are interested in former Real Madrid striker Raul de Tomas. The 27yo has been in fine form for Espanyol, which led to winning two International caps with Spain last year. In 71 appearances, Tomas has netted 38 times, attracting the likes of West Ham and Arsenal.

He came through the ranks at Real Madrid, where he spent fifteen years, before joining Benfica in 2019 for €20m. Things didn't work out there, and Tomas joined Espanyol six months later for the same fee.
    Whilst it's encouraging to hear, I very much doubt Leeds will want to dig deep into their coffers, especially as Bielsa is happy with the way things are!

Whitejock and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning summerville may well be sold. This was the stated aim by rads to develop players bought on the cheap. Then sell them to bring money in but how much is he worth. Taking into account his joining fees and then wages his fee would have to be substantial. Him and drameh and greenwood are not stand out u23s compared to what chelsea and liverpool plus city have. The only way i can see the point of the u23s is to improve us. Buy better class of younger players and not the likes of rodrigo and james plus that sicknote left back who got tackled and felt dizzy but walked off on his own.

3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I kinda get the feeling we have no money.

I have no evidence but just a gut wrenching feeling we are in trouble or the early stages of trouble.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

He was bought for 1.3m, plus everything we have spent to develop him. They is absolutely no point selling him unless we can get at least 10m+

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

This is Leeds don't forget we'll probably end up paying whoever for taking him!! And I don't blame him for going he must think he's down the pecking order in reality.....looked a decent little player in his cameo's....as for signings think it will possibly be 1 loaner in

ellandback likes this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<cheers>

7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

@ellandback and @ristac. Is the website slow this week or have I been put on a 'go slow' by someone?

8. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Try switching to google chrome as that worked for me <ok>

NostradEmus likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

For what we can get at the moment i say keep him.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  10. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all
    I just wanna know one thing---------------------just how long can one be pi**ed off after a football match :(

ristac likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

I know Blackwell totally fecked up at Cardiff.

12. wakeybreakyheart

January 19th 2018 was the last time we signed a midfielder. Adam Forshaw was our sicknote signing. Anyone else underwhelmed by this. Over 200 weeks have gone by it's excuse after excuse every transfer window. How long is there left 4 days?.

ristac likes this.
  13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

28th May 1975 still pisses me off

14. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

I'm still mad at my brother when he beat me in the 1973 final of the Subbuteo Spare Bedroom Cup, because he pushed his player instead of flicking him ;)

I mention it to him every Christmas

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Evening all

I felt disillusioned with it all on Sunday and I still do, it's going to be a long week. What's annoying about it all if we'd pulled our finger out with a signing we have a nice little break going on where the new player could have trained and settled in.

I just don't get why the U23s get dismantled every year, it's the same old thing, we are told how great they are and that every other club was also trying to sign them them and how lucky we are only for them to be released, loaned or sold before having a real chance. I bet Summerville, Joffy and Drameh haven't played many games between them for the U23s this season

I use Microsoft Edge and it is loading fine for me, I haven't noticed any slow load times? It's one of those answers that I hate giving as you just know the moment you have said all is well you'll next to be hit with problems

NostradEmus and southernwhite like this.
  16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Not particularly. Try cleating your cashe.

17. wakeybreakyheart

Achh soh ze alt cleating ze cashe.. Oh yah verks fur mich..... Zeig hiel meine fuhrer.

leeds down south likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

Given Bielsas training regime we need to sign someone now... For next season.

ristac likes this.
  19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

is that why you became a ref… to ensure others weren’t wronged like you were… or perhaps to get vigilante style revenge on cheating fckers everywhere?

wakeybreakyheart, Whitejock and Aski like this.
  20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

it ain’t going to be a big euros signing in the bundesliga 2 is it?

I’m going with ‘undisclosed fee’

wakeybreakyheart likes this.