1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 31st May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 31, 2023.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 31st May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Radz completes Sampdoria takeover

A consortium, led by Andrea Radrizzani's Aser Group have announced the completion of Sampdoria football club, prompting speculation that his tenure at Elland Road is coming to an end.

Sky Sports reporter Gianluca Di Marzio took to social media late night night to make the announcement, which is likely to have a massive knock on effect on Leeds Utd. The Italian businessman isn't flavour of the month in West Yorkshire, and did the right thing by staying away from Elland Road on the final day of the season, opting instead to continue negotiations on his next business venture.

Sampdoria have crippling debts; if Radrizzani is going to make good on his promise to their fans, to keep the club safe, he will need to sell his shares in Leeds Utd. Now that Radz has a new toy to play with, Multiple sources this morning are stating that a deal between 49ers Enterprises and the Aser Group are close to being agreed.

Radrizzani said: "We are nothing short of thrilled to be able to announce that we have completed the acquisition of this extraordinary club." "The history and coat of arms of Sampdoria are safe and I think my happiness is (for) of all the people who were suffering for these colours. "My thanks at this time go above all to all those people who worked relentlessly to ensure that this agreement found a just conclusion.

"And in particular I have to extend a huge thank you to Matteo (Manfredi, Gestio Capital principal) and to the lawyer De Gennaro. "Without them none of this would have been possible. From today we move on.... and I personally can't wait to get to work."

please log in to view this image

Gerrard's odds slashed overnight

Odds of Steven Gerrard becoming next Leeds Utd Manager have been slashed from 16/1, all the way down to 2/1 with leading bookmakers Bet365. The 43yo Liverpool Hall-Of-Famer has been out of work since parting company with Aston Villa last October, but is keen to return.

With just over two weeks until the transfer window opens, Leeds will be keen to have a Manager in place, put together a retained list, and a short list of transfers, capable of promotion on the first time of asking.

Current interim Manager Sam Allardyce 3/1, Brendan Rodgers 6/1, Lee Bowyer 15/2 and Rafa Benitez 12/1 make up the short list.

Should Leeds have stuck with Marsch

With the Leeds Utd post-mortem in full flow, we look at the Managerial merry-go-round, which did nothing but hinder the players in their pursuit of survival.

Under Marsch's reign, Leeds were averaging 0.9 points per game, or 34 points over the season, compared to a combined median of 0.67 per game for Scubala, Gracia and Allardyce, or just 25 points over their 22/23 campaign.

34 points would not have been enough to keep the Whites up, but let's remember, Everton and Leicester City both took four points from Leeds last season. I know I'm hypothesising, but had those two losses have turned into draws, Leeds would have stayed up on goal difference.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

If the 49ers are going to take full control I feel confident we can rule out the likes of Gerrard and Sam, if Radz was staying then yes, I believe these would have been the type of coaches we would be going in for. We surely cannot appoint a new coach until the ownership has been sorted out. You would like to believe that the 49ers will have a list of candidates in mind and I would expect a new coach and DOF in place within a few days of them taking the hot seat

Hindsight is great but why we never sacked Marsch earlier was pure stupidity, he should have gone at the WC break. Once we had backed him in the January transfer window, you'd have thought we would have ensured a suitable replacement was willing to take over.

I don't believe Marsch would have kept us up, but now knowing we went down anyway we could have been asking the same question last season, should we have kept Bielsa. If Bielsa was in charge now, I would be extremely confident of an immediate return as well as confident that we could have attracted some up and coming talent

I don't believe Bielsa would have accepted the signings of McKennie and Rutter either.

On another note going forward, we can at last forget the Bielsa vs Jesse arguments, it's rebuild time and as long as it isn't Big Sam and Radz in charge next season I will give full support to whoever is in charge, for 6 games at least ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  3. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Morning. Please NOOOOOO to Gerrard.. Not the direction we want at all..

As far as Radz is concerned, get the sale of Leeds sorted, new manager in, and lets start getting rid of the useless so called 'professional footballers' and start building for next season.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hopefully today we get a statement from Kinnear about the plan for the club, the takeover, the new DiF if we are having one and the search for a coach. Once the T/O is complete I think we will see Radz back in Leeds making a statement and thankyou’s plus apology for the last 2 seasons a shake of hands and pass the baton to Parag Marathe who will announce the new board and structure.hopefully this all takes place within days because we are a mile away from sorting out next season….

Marsch should have been sacked before Xmas when it became obvious his tactics, mouth and style didn’t suit. Deffo by the WC

5. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Sticking with Marsch would have been terrible. He is so far below the tactical ability needed at prem and even championship level Victor Orta should never work in football again for even suggesting he was the one to replace Bielsa.

As for Gerrard, .

6. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

No doubt Willy will be shipped out but really hope he doesn't go to City as all he will do is fester on the bench.

Manchester City and Arsenal are keeping tabs on Leeds United's 19-year-old Italy forward Wilfried Gnonto. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Tyler would be a huge loss but again he is not going to drop down so hope we get decent money for him. As for Aaronson I would lend him my Oyster card to get the **** out of dodge but he doesn't meet the age criteria. Our most expensive player.....what a joke!! If he is get rid now.

United States midfielders Tyler Adams, 24, and Brenden Aaronson, 22, are likely to leave Leeds following relegation from the Premier League.

Doc likes this.
  7. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a prem manager as far out of his depth tactically as Marsch.
    His shtick is man management and getting the best out of his players but that doesn't cut it at this level. He was too easy to be out thought.

Doc likes this.
  8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

6? going soft in your old age fella. <laugh>

9. milkyboy

I see all that ‘moving on… and parking the marsch/bielsa bit’ is going well <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  10. milkyboy

Just to pick recent examples, what was it about Gracia and Sam that you made you think they were less out of their depth?

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Definitely time to move on and a clean slate for everyone who stays.

Yeh right as if you lot will ever do that <whistle>

12. milkyboy

This is letting it go Jambo. Imagine what it would be like if we were hanging on to the past <laugh><laugh>

13. Jammy 07

Having just consulted my crystal ball the news is in....

Firpo definitely staying <ok>

NostradEmus likes this.
  14. Jammy 07

Question;

If we're doing well next season and challenging right at the top is it fair for the players to say that the fans " only sing when we're winning " ?

Surely they have the right after this season.

15. milkyboy

And he will have Emu’s unflinching support

NostradEmus likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No because fans sang when losing 7-0 to city

17. Jammy 07

Personanlly don't think I'll ever sing Marching on Together again.

It means nothing to me now.

Doc likes this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kinnear is set to remain for 12 months to provide a transition period for a full 49ers takeover, it has been reported he is working with the 49ers to find a suitable director of football.

Cody Drameh is open to staying at ER as the new owners (through Kinnear) can provide him better assurances

No backroom staff redundancies and no pay cuts for non playing staff

Wober is open to remaining at ER after hearing of future plans

Tyler Adams is taking more convincing

Koch is into the last year of his contract and is leaving

Quick round up over...

19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ye never sing it in the vip area anyway

20. Jammy 07

We hum it repeatedly every home game <laugh>

Marcos Barber and Eireleeds1 like this.