1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debeate (Tuesday 21st June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 21, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 21st June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Bielsa could be back in Management by the weekend

Marcelo Bielsa could return to Football Management this week with La Liga outfit Athletic Bilbao; though much will depend on the club's forthcoming Presidential election on Friday. Businessman and life-long Lions fan, Inaki Arechabaleta, is one of three candidates standing, and has promised to reinstate the 66yo should he win the ballot.

This would be Bielsa's second stint at the San Mamés Stadium. He enjoyed a two-year spell between 2011-13 during which time he reached the finals of both the Copa del Rey and the Europa League (knocking out Manchester Utd on the way).

Bielsa has been out of work since being given his marching orders from Elland Road at the end of February. He was offered the Burnley role after Sean Dyche was dismissed two weeks later, but decided against it, biding his time, for the right opportunity to emerge. Arechabaleta held a press conference yesterday, describing Bielsa as the most respected Coach in the World, and has promised fans that his ambition, quality and abilities would bring success back to Bilbao

“(Bielsa) is the most respected coach in the world. He is also a coach for the future, although in the past he gave us the best season of this century. “Bielsa has evolved since then and his ambition, quality and abilities are going to take us to the Athletic that we must become.”

please log in to view this image

Traore not on Leeds wanted list

Adama Traoré is not on Leeds Utd's wanted list this Summer, according to Leeds journalist Beren Cross. The 26yo has long been linked to a move to West Yorkshire, partly because of the relationship he has with Victor Orta. The two remain good friends, ever since Orta bought him to 'The Riverside' six years ago.

Traore's form has suffered at Wolves in recent times. He spent the second half of last season on loan at Barcelona where he made nine starts. They had the option to make the move permanent, but as we know, they only have eyes for Raphinha!

According to Cross:- "As it stands, Traore does not look like someone near the top of Orta's wanted lists. Evidently, there is a long-standing connection and relationship between them, but right now he is not someone Leeds are looking to bring in. The window has a long way to go and we cannot predict every little twist and turn, so who knows. If other targets evade Orta you could not rule out Traore being someone he likes later in the summer, but right now he's not understood to be one they are actively pursuing."

Orta has concerns about Lang's character

During a recent Q and A session on Leeds-Live, journalist Beren Cross admitted that Victor Orta rates Dutch winger Noa Lang but has grave concerns about his character.

Lang was caught on video last year chanting that he would “rather die than be a Jew”. The reference, according to Belgian sports papers, was about supporters and players of Anderlecht, whom rival teams refer to as “Jews.”

Lang took to social media to try to defend his actions:- “My dad’s Surinamese and my mother’s Dutch. I know all about racism and bias,” he said. “I chanted enthusiastically with supporters I met for the first time after winning. As a former Ajax fan I know very well the soccer world’s nicknames. I did not mean to offend anyone. I’m done with the subject and won’t be revisiting it.”

According to Cross, Orta will have to tread very carefully if he wants to bring Lang to Elland Road:- "Lang is one Orta likes, but there's no suggestion anything is imminent on a move to Leeds. If his character is in question, this is the kind of research and scouting Orta has to do to ensure his additions work within the dressing room."

Caprile on the move

Leeds Utd goalkeeper Elia Caprile could be on his way out of Elland Road after it was revealed that Serie B outfit Bari have reached an agreement to buy the 20yo shot-stopper. He joined Leeds from Chievo Verona during the 2020 January transfer window for a minimal fee, but failed to impress for the Under 23's, and was replaced last season by Kristoffer Klaesson.

He was sent out on loan to Serie C outfit Pro Patria last August, where he caught the eye of several higher ranked Italian clubs including Bari. According to journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, terms have already been agreed between both clubs, and a move is expected to take place shortly.

2. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Traore isn't on the list and Lang has character problems. We need to bring in somebody on the right cos Raph is going to Arsenal.

Shame regarding Caprile. I think we all wanted him to make it but with talk about bringing in an experienced keeper I was kind of obvious he was going to leave

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Anyone else sick of hearing the name Adama Traore. We would never buy him especially as we have a coach who doesnt use wingers in the same way and Traore has been gash….. also sick of being linked to CBs, it makes no sense you lazy twot journos, do your homework.

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I was about to say the same Doc. To me he's just a pumped up, muscle bound lump. Personally I wouldn't want him near the club. Talking about Lang and what I've heard is he's a good player. But if he had sung about blacks (he's half black himself) he'd have been cancelled, but it seems less serious to have a go at Jews, the same way the scum players got away with waving a Palestinian flag. :huh:

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Wish we were linked more with LB’s seeing as we don’t have one, apart from Leif Davis, and maybe Hjelde.

Definitely a priority area of the team that needs addressing urgently.

6. Irishshako

Spot on Essex, also a striker. I don't want St Philips or Sulky Raph to go, but if we invest the money well it could work in our favour. But personally we either sell or keep them because we want it sorted, because the more it rumbles on the more it will disrupt our preperations.<ok>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. FORZA LEEDS

Exactly Shaks. Although out of the two I think Phillips is easier to replace.

If Raphinha goes I hope it’s not to another PL team as I’d hate to see him playing against us :(

OLOF, NostradEmus and Irishshako like this.
  8. Irishshako

I agree 101%. Selling Raph abroad would be better. I can't understand how we aren't lodging a complaint against his agent and Barce on the way they are handling the whole situation.:angry:

Infidel and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  9. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Just to set the record straight on Caprile.

He did impress in our youth setup. He impressed on loan last year.

A very capable goalkeeper who always seemed to impress. He's just never going to displace Meslier. He wasn't a failure.

10. Irishshako

Although I though when Klaesson came on for Meslier, he looked quite strong.<ok>

bucks_is_leeds and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

We’d probably be deducted 15 points for complaining so best we leave it <laugh> <whistle>

Irishshako likes this.
  12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

how about traore at left back.........he'd take some getting round that huge bulk <laugh>

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  13. Irishshako

<laugh>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  14. NostradEmus

Exactly mate. We just happened to have found another young keeper who we rated higher than Caprile. That's football.

I expect Caprile to go on and have a very successful career. He's decent.

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. FORZA LEEDS

Yeah but the wingers would just slip off his oily skin and get round him that way <laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

he could use the dry oil version !

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. FORZA LEEDS

oldschool and Irishshako like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Absolutely true and in a way he got stitched up. He was probably the best U23 keeper and best penalty saver in the club. Meslier was always reserve keeper so didnt play for the 23s as much as Caprile. Caprile was actually understudy to Kamil Miazek and then we moved Caprile out on loan and released Miazek who went back to Poland. Elia Caprileis a very good keeper, great instinctive stopper and great on penalties. He was unusual because he could dominate the area and come and catch the ball instead of punching it. We drafted in Danny Van Den Heuval for some reason but he aint a patch on Caprile?

Shaks on the Noa Lang jew thing, the story I heard ages ago and nobody has said different, is that his best mate is a jew and they rib each other and have done all their lives. On a night out in a bar Lang and his mate were in a group which included, bkack, white, Chinese and a couple more jews. Singing went on and the group of black mates sang Id rather be a nigger than a jew, which is a well known fiff. It was fun but some woke twot recorded it and went after Lang in the press?

19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that was the Wolves game. Klaesson was given one of the highest Whoscored ratings of the season for his performance (7.27).

Irishshako likes this.
  20. NostradEmus

He only played 20 minutes or so. I'm not recognising a season performance on 20 minutes in Wolverhampton.