1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Debate (Wed 31st March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Mar 31, 2021.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

ellandback likes this.
  2. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

You don't ask for much do you :emoticon-0140-rofl:

I'd have him for a year, get rid of Roberts, and pop Paddy behind him. I'm sure there are clubs more willing to meet his wage demands though.

Doc likes this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

On this seasons performances I would put Struijk in front of Cooper and Koch. Llorente is the one who can play out from the back and looks a class act in our system. I like Struijk with him because he is a big no nonsense type and they compliment each others style. I also think Struijk can learn more from Llorente than the other two.

I'm not sure Cresswell has the physical attributes to step up just yet.

Casey won't make it at Leeds.

Marcos Barber and Doc like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Agree with much of that mate, and I think Casey reminds me of Aapo Halme, so will be best served out on loan in the Championship next season. His game alongside Cresswell is brilliant as they both know where each other is all the time. Cresswells time will come and for such a young kid hes a great skipper for the 23s. Not many teams have a natural left side CB but we have at least 2 in the first team now. Cooper and Struijk do a job and Struijk is ahead of Cooper for me, but I have to say I have seen Cooper throw himself in front of countless goals strikes this season and if only Struijk could do the same....

foolee and NostradEmus like this.
  5. NostradEmus

I think the fact that Struijk doesn't need to go to ground like Cooper does shows that his positioning is already better. Cooper has had a good season but I think he struggles at this level. He has to play at his absolute maximum every game just to survive. The other three look like they have more time on the ball which is a sign that they belong at the level comfortably.

Marcos Barber, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

One of the best CBs ever was Alan Hansen. I don't think he even got his strip dirty in the quagmires back then, far less throw himself in front of a goal strike. Yet he was the best! For him, it was all about reading the game & making timely interceptions. (He's also the first CB I remember who regularly ran with the ball up the middle, causing untold panic).

I guess what I'm saying is that you don't need to go to ground or throw yourself in front of a shot to be effective. You also don't need to be a Hansen. As long as you defend well, the style of defending is immaterial. Perhaps if Cooper was faster, he might not need to throw himself around. And equally, perhaps if Struijk was slower (of mind and of body), he might be chucking himself in front of strikes too.

Make no mistake though, I appreciate all of their efforts, no matter the style - just as long as they're successful! :D

7. NostradEmus

Phillips started again for England. That's all 3 games now.

I honestly thought they played him against San Marino and Albania before dropping him for the big one against Poland but nope. He has started all 3 now. Should have rested him vs San Marino if that was the case.

Doc likes this.
  8. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Clearly rated very highly by Southgate but yes, could have done with him having a rest before our game on Saturday

9. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

He's probably the fittest in the squad being Bielsa fit.
    He'll probably be back for a spot of murderball tomorrow!

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

England fans wishing they had Bielsa because this limpdick Southgate is useless. Harry Kane is struggling with an empty tank and should have gone off half hour ago, Foden playing up top by himself, Sterling is dead and should have gone off. Too late now to do anything sensible, the man needs sacking for this

Infidel and NostradEmus like this.

11. NostradEmus

Genuinely don't know what Southgate is trying to do with this squad. I'm completely lost with it.

We have immense attacking quality. Pace, power, trickery, goals, creativity and depth. Yet he seems intent on setting up defensively with essentially a back 7 trying to keep it tight and then nick something at the other end.

It has to be Rice or Phillips in midfield. They are too similar. He has played Rice in front of Phillips which failed every time and the last two games played Phillips more as an 8. It just doesn't work.

If he doesn't change tactics then this group will be wasted just like the 'golden generation'.

Infidel likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If Elland reads this post maybe he should add these words from Rodrigo tonight

However, Rodrigo has rubbished any notion he’s unhappy with Leeds and has asserted that he has a great relationship with Bielsa.

Writing on Instagram on Wednesday night, the Spain international said: “I’m not a person to comment on nonsense stories, however in this case I want to make it clear that stories about me wanting to leave Leeds and a bad relationship with Marcelo are false.

“I am very sorry that some people try to misinform our fans – my feelings are the opposite.

“I am happy, focused and working hard to help my teammates to end this great season in the best possible way. I love being at Leeds United, I respect my coach and I identify with this club.

13. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

He could be my favourite player now, can’t ask for more than that :emoticon-0148-yes:

Do we know where he is going yet?

ristac and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  14. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed! <laugh>

NostradEmus likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

LeedsInHeaven likes this.
  17. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Not yet, but the content of his next tweet has been leaked - it says ‘adios suckers’

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. Leedsoflondon

As the old saying for politicians goes. ‘You never know something is true until it’s been officially denied’ <ok>

19. LeedsInHeaven

LeedsInHeaven Well-Known Member

Isn't that from Yes minister - a satire

20. Leedsoflondon

Possibly, but true all the same, particularly currently.