1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The LVG Out Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Daveunited, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Mourinho and Ancelotti were both really ****e when they came in without experience to be fair.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I have to say the likes of Mourinho and Ancelotti had good pedigree. You could tell from their success and style of football they had half a chance of succeeding in the prem.

I think we're at a stage (after Moyes and Van Gaal) where we can't fck around with any more experimenting. I dont give a **** about immediate success but I do want a manager who has a proven track record with a style of football that suits United's ethos and tradition. I really cant see Blanc fitting that tbph.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ancelotti maybe, but I don't see how Mourinho winning two league titles with one club in Portugal gave him a better pedigree than Blanc winning five (soon to be six) league titles with two clubs in France.

Tho' it's fair to say pedigree isn't everything - Liverpool chose Benitez over Mourinho due to his superior 'pedigree' at the time <laugh>

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not so much the league titles in isolation, but the ability to win the league and as with Mourinho also winning a back to back UEFA Cup and CL trophy as well.

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Hopefully this time the board will be choosing from the best talent available, rather than SAF's golfing mates.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Still don't get why Mourinho's titles in Portugal are more worthy than Blanc's in France really?

Also, there's a degree of luck in the knock out comps. Yes, he won the champions league but let's be perfectly honest, had we not had a perfectly good goal disallowed and had been given an absolute snorter of a penalty he wouldn't have got past the quarters. He did though, but a good deal of that was good fortune.

I'm not saying Blanc is my choice necessarily but I am saying the person doesn't have to have premier league experience.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm probably not making myself clear but the league on its own isnt what I'm getting at. But any manager that can win league titles whilst at the same time winning back to back European Cups is likely to be successful elsewhere. He's gone on to do similar in Italy.

I agree they dont need to have PL experience but if they can back it up with a record like Jose's abroad it helps.

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I refer you, once again, to Exhibit A:

please log in to view this image

Two La Liga titles, UEFA Cup, **** all league success anywhere else in the world.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh> well very true, but he has to be the exception to the rule. The guy was a complete fcking prick.

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

The yin to Mourinho's yang.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Twice in a day <yikes> <yikes> <yikes>

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This is hilarious. I said long ago, Van Gaal's football was death by a thousand cuts. I didn't for a second imagine, his tenure would be the same. Everyone saying he will be gone when it's mathematically impossible to get top 4. So what does he do? Takes it right to the final game, when we ALL know he will lose that game as well playing some right **** football.

And just to rub salt into the wounds, the **** has got us into an FA Cup final which we'll end up performning like death warmed up. So even when the league is over we have to endure this **** for another week. You have to hand it to him, the guy certainly knows how to be hated <laugh>

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

Losing to Norwich City at OT.

I may have mentioned that.

Treble likes this.
  14. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

You need to get a ****ing grip on reality. You United fans don't even know the meaning of dissapointed at football. Plastic through and through

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Think you will find we are never disappointed at football, it's just that we don't see much of it these days <ok>

Stan likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Wanting your team to play better football means you have lost touch with reality? <laugh> I would class that logic as being an idiot through and through.

Diego likes this.
  17. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

SAF and Poch meet in London this week..............who would have thought that

Ferguson-main.jpg

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  18. Mind the gap!

The reality is that most other clubs would be happy in your position. I guess the SAF years have left you all ungrateful and led you to overexpect everything

seabreeze likes this.
  19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Most clubs would be happy to have turgid, dour, pedestrian, boring, non entertaining football served up when they are used to watching fast, attacking football packed with goals?

Would they? Would they really?

20. Mind the gap!

Times change I think it is just a case of coming down from a silver bubble