1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Manchester United Transfer Rumours Thread -Updated Daily!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Feb 28, 2011.

1. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

So that the board doesnt get clogged with 100s of separate transfer rumours over the coming months and years I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the rumours surrounding Man Utd and potential signings.

Any rumour can be posted, no matter how silly or un-realistic they are but you must include a source. No made up rumours like Ozil is at carrington etc etc..

Todays rumours.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm unconvinced that we have the discipline to keep all transfer chat in a single window...but I'll stick it and see...

P.S. My granny's dog pissed on Wesley Sneijder's tyre when his car was parked outside OT last Thursday.

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

just move it all to here when ya have a few minutes to spare each day and eventually people will realise haha.

4. Who's Kissing Cameras Now?

i saw Nuri Sahin, Sanchez, Ashley Young and Lassana Diarra all having lunch in the trafford centre talking about their contracts.

5. Jonathan Nice

Jonathan Nice New Member

Torres is available :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Johnny Rice I take it you don't rate Torres.

7. dogman

dogman New Member

[/U]cant wait to see united win later

8. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Been a few stories over a couple of players recently.

This thread will take off in pre season though.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bored by these stupid internationals ruining what should have been an exciting football weekend, so I thought we should have some transfer chat.

Latest rumours are David de Gea for £18 million and Danielle de Rossi also for around £18million, possibly in a swap for Berba. To be honest, if both those deals were all we did this summer I'd be pretty happy. I think de Rossi is just what we need to bring balance to the midfield and let Fletcher and Carrick return to their preferred deeper roles, and de Gea would be a great replacement for VDS.

Although that would still leave the question of who should be third choice striker - Diouf, Macheda and Wellbeck have all got some experience on loan, are any of them ready to step up as third and fourth choice strikers if Berba leaves?

Also do we have enough cover on the wings for Nani and Valencia?

What does everyone reckon?

10. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

If Morrison can keep himself from being arrested or even sacked then I reckon he could provide decent cover on the wings. I'd be happy with either de Gea or Neur in goal but to be honest I'd be prepared to let the new Danish keeper have a chance at the no 1 spot though I doubt SAF would be content to let that happen. CM is a problem and de Rossi would improve it but I can't see him coming.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Actually I expect Larnell Cole to make the breakthrough ahead of Morrison, as I can't see SAF letting Morrison in the side for a long stretch until he sorts his **** out. Whereas Cole has been impressive and consistent in every academy game I've watched (although that's only about four).

Neuer's said he doesn't want to leave Germany at the moment, so that might be him ruled out.

If de Rossi doesn't come to us, who would you like / expect us to get in CM?

12. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

We will not be signing any midi fielders this summer. Only a goal keeper will be bought and most likely either Adler or Sketlenburg.

Anderson. fletcher. Carrick.. Cleverly and maybe Scholes will make up the midfield. Potentially Pogba and Morrison might get a run.

13. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

CM is the problem. I'd love de Rossi to arrive at OT but then again, I'd love any decent CM!! I would like Schweinsteiger, Sneijder or Pastore to join but know in reality they'll stay where they are or as in Pastore's case, possibly end up in Spain. I do believe Utd will buy this summer and strengthen the CM and so wouldn't be surprised to see Utd buy van deer Vaart or Modrić from Spurs; at a highly inflated price of course.

14. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

No major signings will be made

15. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

The Spanish press are reporting that the deal for De Gea has been agreed for £17.5 million with only personal terms left to be sorted out, hopefully it's true because he looks a quality keeper.
    Sneijder is rumored to have suggested he is ready to leave Inter at the end of the season with United his preferred destination but he could cost around £31 million, Fergie is also being linked with a possible move for Mertesacker for £12 million.

16. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Would be happy if true but we really need a CM. Any links re: the keeper?

17. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

The De Gea story is HERE
    Original Spanish story is HERE

18. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Could be good news.

19. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

WESLEY SNEIJDER will not sign
    The fact is, it will be impossible for us to sign him for many reasons. Number 1 is he will fetch plus 35m and I doubt we would spend that amount of money unless we sell some players. The most important reasons is that with Chelsea in search of a new midfielder and Citys spending powers, they would unlikely let us buy him and would simply outbid us. I really doubt he would rather join us than lets say a Chelsea because we are similar competitively but Chelsea would be able to give him a better deal. Thirdly he is 26 and approaching 27 and with our policy of under 27 year olds, the likely hood of signing him is impossible because he has not really got a resale value of lets say a 21 year old talented player.

20. Dave A

Dave A Member

We signed Berbatov for £30.5 million at 27, so there goes part of your theory. Yes we prefer to buy talented players in their late teens / early 20's but that doesn't mean we ignore a great player who is available just because he is in his mid / late 20's. We have always looked for great youth prospects under Ferguson, and we have also bought great experienced players under Ferguson. the key with Fergie is hat he more often than not gets the balance right. Right now the team is screaming for a talented, experienced attacking midfielder and Sneijder fits the bill perfectly.

I'm not saying he will definitely join, but I wouldn't rule our interest out, I think if e were to cost much over £30 million then we wouldn't go for him, but I do think we're going to spend big on Scholes' long term replacment.