1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Masters, from Augusta Georgia | Golf

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Apr 8, 2013.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

2. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Still very open tbf, there all very close together. I'm hoping Cabrera's 2 previous major wins will give him a phychological edge over a few of the others. I don't think Snedeker will be to fazed by it though, having won the 10 million dollars last year, so he'd have to be the favourite going into tommorow :biggrin:

3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Jeez, what a days play yesterday...!!! Its building up to be a classic Masters the way its going, with 17 players currently sat with a under par score you could say that all of em have a chance...

Its anybody's guess as to who can win this and it will be compelling viewing later on tonight... Hope someone strikes lucky if its not me, as ive got all 4 picks sat in the top 20 players...!!!

3rd - Scott @ -6...
    6th - Kuchar @ -3...
    T9 - Westwood @ -2
    T14 - Van Pelt @ -1...

Let the drama commence...!!!

4. SaveTheHumans

Only Scott running for me so i'll be shouting him on. Very hard to call a winner here though, all are capable on their day. Goodluck all

5. King Shergar

I don't get Cabrera going for the 13th green in 2 from the woods, particularly when he was in the lead. Just lay up, and you'll have a half decent birdy opportunity. Instead he ends up with a bogey, which is looking like costing him the tournament :biggrin:

6. King Shergar

Looks like its Adam Scott's to lose, can he prove after the collapse in the open, that he's not a choker:biggrin:

7. King Shergar

Fair play to Scott, played well under pressure. Thought I had it, but il have to settle for place money :biggrin:

8. SaveTheHumans

Well done Scotty mate, thorougly deserved. Well done red and mustyfrog also. Edge of the Seat stuff, comiserations to Cabrera, What a competitor and seems all round nice guy.

9. niksboy

niksboy Active Member

Having had a few bob on Kutcher it was a bit dissappointing that the US coverage never showed one shot by him on the final day.

10. redcgull

So Adam Scott has eventually won his first Major in somewhat dramatic fashion last night. You have to tip your hat to both players for the way they played the last few holes with great approach shots and sinking some unbelievable puts in those circumstances...

It maybe didnt have the drama of some of the recent final days at the Masters but it certainly had you absorbed in which player would flinch first. I you have to say that it was won by one of them making a great shot/putt to win it rather than i dropped shot, bogey, by the other man...

Very happy that Scotty won, as i did indeed have a few shillings riding on him, and i missed out e/w money with Kuchar and Westy finishing T8th as they did... But all in all a good Masters, if not a classic...

Well done to all if you had anything on Adam Scott to win...<cheers>

11. redcgull

That is what they do... My ball and i will do with it what i please... You just want to be glad Tiger wasnt leading as you would have seen nowt but him all night...!!!

12. redcgull

Just a note to show you what the top 5 posted in stats...

---------------- Par 5 ---- Par 4 ---- Par 3
    Adam Scott....... -5 ......... -5 .......... +1
    Angel Cabrera.... -3 ......... -3 .......... -3
    Jason Day......... -9 ......... -3 .......... +5
    Tiger Woods...... -4 .......... E ........... -1
    Marl Leishman.... -6 ......... -1 .......... +2

The player who made the most of the Par 5's in this years Masters was Thorbjorn Olesen who came away -11 for his 4 rounds at Augusta. Dropping 7 shots on the other holes to finish -4 for the tournament and T6th on the leaderboard...

Looking at the stats, i think Jason Day will have most to be upset at, shooting -9 for his efforts on the par 5's and just coming up short to win...

13. King Shergar

Cabrera lost it on the par 5s yesterday if you ask me, in particular the 13th, he should never have gone for the green out of the woods. Fair play to Scott though, proved to me he can handle pressure. I really did fancy Cabrrera to have more bottle in the play off.

Added to my list of chokers for future majors, and a player to avoid is Snedeker. A few years back when Immelman won he was in the final group, and he imploded that day, he also imploded in the Open last year, leading going into the final round. I thought having won the 10 million that'd give him some confidence, but once again when the pressure was on he couldn't handle it:biggrin:

14. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

thank you very much Adam

15. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

great tournament for the Aussies, long time coming

16. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Well done if you had the winner lads.

17. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

The 3 balls are a great source of winners lads. I only had Rose but will spend more time on them in future.

18. King Shergar

I think it's always best to avoid English players bob, as the bookies always under price them, due to the fact there likely to take alot more patriotic money. The likes of Westwood, Donald and Rose have probably lined up in close to 100 majors between them, and none of them have so much as competed in a playoff, yet the bookies price all 3 of them up at 25/1 or less. Anyone taking those sort of odds about any of those 3 players in a major championship clearly isn't betting with there head, as there is clearly no value.

Of the 3 I think Rose is the only one who could one day get the job done, as he does have a good enough all round game. Donald weakness is he hits it like a girl, whilst Westwood chips like a 10 handicapper, and puts even worse :biggrin: