1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Mexican GP chat and predictions thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Big Ern, Oct 26, 2018.

?

zzzzzzzzzzz mañana zzzzzz

Poll closed Oct 28, 2018.
  1. Lew Ham

40.0%
  2. Seb Vet

20.0%
  3. Kim Rai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dan Ric

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Max Ver

30.0%
  6. Val Bot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. La Cucaracha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. La Cucaracha

10.0%
  9. Ya no puede caminar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sñr Otro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

McLaren proved that it was not all down to Honda.

They have made the Renault look far worse than what it is. Honda were a convenient excuse, until they left themselves exposed by ditching them and then going further backwards down the grid.

Their points tally is only thanks to some good fortune for Alonso in the early races whilst others broke down, crashed or dsq'd (think 2x Haas in Aus) around him which enabled them to get more points than the car deserved.

DHCanary likes this.
  2. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

In McLarens defence... if it is a defence? They havnt had a major upgrade since Barcelona. They wrote this season off a long time ago which is why they have gone backwards. I hope for their sake they make a good car next year or this is going to look very messy.

ched999uk likes this.
  3. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

The scary thing is McLaren, well I assume, that they thought their issues were with the PU!!! They thought they had a good chassis!!!!

4. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

It is no defence. Certainly not to the drivers, sponsors or fans of team after all the hype about switching units. They are big enough to continue to develop the car to work out what is wrong as well as design a new car for next year. What's the point in paying Alonso gazillions of dollars a year if they can't be bothered to try and give him a car worthy of his skill? If they were Sauber you could understand them doing what they did this year as budget wouldn't allow for two big design processes.

At least McLaren accept it is them, unlike RBR who use Renault as an excuse as and when it suits.

They were pretty noisy about the issues all being Honda, and the fact they thought they had the best chassis on the grid. Could you imagine if Whitmarsh had come out and said that!? The forum would still be recovering...........

easynic150 likes this.
  5. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

While i agree that Max has talen and he is very ruthless, somehow he believes that his ruthlessness makes him invincible. He said he was happy that other drivers are.scared to try overtake him. Well if he thinks that will work if he is in a championship fight he is in for a rude awakening. He will cry many nights. Lol

ched999uk likes this.
  6. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if the McLaren 2019 budget is closer to Sauber's than Mercedes'. Zak Brown is one of the guys pushing the budget cap.

My understanding is that they used shareholder input to plug the Honda sized hole for 2018, with the understanding that all the new sponsors they'd get from their success would pay for 2019 and well...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    ched999uk likes this.
  7. easynic150

easynic150 New Member

Is there a Brazilian GP thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

easynic150 likes this.