1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Moggfather Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tiddler, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

My mate goes to India a lot to a place called Manali (sp). He said loads of Israelis go there once they've served their time. He told me that lots of them talk about how they couldn't wait to get away from the front line. They'll be some die hards of course, but the impression I got is that the soldiers just see it as a job that needs to be done and no more.

Treble likes this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Considering it’s a small country, you can’t move for Israelis in the big backpacking spots. Almost all of them can’t wait to **** off after military service and get ****faced around the world.

I wouldn’t advise messing with the birds.

Saf likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think you'd see other countries wanting democratic elections. But look what happened during the Arab spring. I'm not saying that's a reason not to try, but there are so many factions at work in the middle east, and that's without the foreign interference from the US and Russia.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think the bigger hindrance is the corruption of the Palestinian Authority. The likes of Hamas rely on Iran because they are the only ones to rely on and beggars can't be choosers. They have no wider political aims other than internal problems including their opposition to the PA. If peace was genuinely sought between Israel and Palestinians and the fundamentals of territory, refugees, Jerusalem was settled, I really don't think they would involve themselves on any destabilising efforts by Iran.

I appreciate my main evidence of this is the Oslo peace accord and what followed for a few years after that. Unfortunately it was the assassination of Rabin (pragmatic peacemaker who is sadly forgotten), hardliners in Israel that fcked it and provoked the intafada, and Arafat fcking off the Jerusalem proposal <doh> But none of it was threatened by either Iran or Saudi. The only difference between then and now is the will to do it. We certainly don't have that with Netanyahu, Trump and a corrupt PA.

FosseFilberto and PINKIE like this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I remember that handshake between Arafat and Rabin in Washington and thinking that was the moment that peace finally had come to Israel/Palestine. But it does show that without the outside provocation, Israel and Palestine are able to negotiate with each other.

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

And as soon as he got back he was asking mothers to give him their children so they could be martyrs for the cause.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's the spin alright that far too many who don't want peace like to spread (I don't mean you, but certain organisations with an agenda). We had the same sort of stuff said after the GFA. But thankfully ppl looked beyond it.

8. Big Ern

I think he just liked being on centre stage

9. Saf

No. I don't believe that I did bring up a racist issue. I brought up the Kurds needing their homeland. There's no racist issue about that. CM joked on that I was tarring the leave voters racist reputation by sticking up for people with a tan. I simply replied to that saying I've already been accused of that, on here, by the way I voted. So again, no, I didn't bring up a racist issue. You're wrong to say that.

As for the rest, I hope your tongue was well and truly lodged in your cheek. Your bias has already been highlighted.

01 21 Do One and DMD like this.
  10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Problem is mate, not all Israeli’s are Jews so therein lies your problem. Religion comes second. If Palestine or any other country want that land ‘back’ then they have to do it the old fashioned way or STFU.

11. Tel (they/them)

The Arab lot only want Israel because the Israeli’s have made it into a stunning country. If Israeli’s ****ed off the Muslims would fight each other for the land and cities and it’d be a complete ****ing ****hole within a week.

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

They just want our falafel recipe. Bastards.

13. Tel (they/them)

And the fish balls.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That isn't a racist issue then? <laugh> I didn't know that the rules of the forum are if you joke about it, then it doesn't count. My post still stands and countered that "joke" perfectly well. Just because a person shows acceptance of some people "with a tan" doesn't mean they can't be racist. It's a stupid, dated narrative that's been around since the 70's. What you don't like is that I pointed out its stupidty.

No bias on my part, but feel free to point out where.

15. Saf

No. You said we both brung up a racist issue. I didn't. You were wrong to say that.

Like I've said before, everybody on here is bias to an extent. Depending on which side of the fence you fall will determine what you find and share on here.

When Duncan and Fan were clashing on the terrorism thread about numbers between Muslim and white attacks, you were jumping into it mocking Duncans claim on numbers. I done a little digging and showed that Fans numbers were out. You never commented on that but you would have seen it.

DMD likes this.
  16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

See Moggwart is doing his best to ingratiate himself with the DUP ... slicker than the Torrey Canyon ... and about as healthy for the environment.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  17. Big Ern

'Moggs' should be the new slang term for flip-flops.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You continued the conversation and were a part of it. You didn't want to pull him up on it, but chose to pull me on it for giving my opinion.

I don't know what that last paragraph is about. I can't tell you why I didn't respond to it, I don't respond to lots of comments, just like anyone else. I don't know which of your comments you're talking about or what the comment was. If you put up the link I'll respond, no problem.

As for Duncan, I ridicule his constant focus on numbers because it's nothing more than a poor attempt at deflecting from admitting there's a far-right problem. Have you seen him post any updates on terror attacks anywhere in Somalia or Ethiopia or Syria or anywhere in the last 4/5 days on that thread? No. Surprising that, considering he feels so passionate about how we should all care. But the minute someone posts anything about an event which doesn't fit his bias narrative, there he is with his numbers. He's a denier, plain and simple. No better than the sympathisers of islamic extremists who come out with same "whataboutery" to deflect from some lunatic suicide bomber blowing up a train. Some terrorism events make headlines - like Paris, Manchester, New Zealand and threads are made about them. I'm interested in it generally as a topic of discussion and address them all equally. My post history proves that in spades. It just so happens this time it was a far right terrorist attack. Duncan unfortunately has a problem with any discussion addressing this one, so when he pops up using numbers as a deflection I will correctly ridicule him for it. Fwiw none of that is anything to do with you or your posts.