1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic the new 007

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jul 15, 2019.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Seven up
    Bond 25 ‘will see actress Lashana Lynch take over from Daniel Craig to become first female 007’
    • Dan Cain
    • 14 Jul 2019, 9:06
    • Updated: 14 Jul 2019, 13:14
    please log in to view this image

ACTRESS Lashana Lynch will take on the iconic spy role of 007 in Bond 25, according to reports.
    While titular hero James Bond will still be portrayed by Daniel Craig, 51, writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge has introduced a major twist to the long-running franchise.
    Lashana Lynch will take on the iconic spy role of 007 in Bond 25, according to reportsCredit: Getty Images - Getty
    She will introduce the Captain Marvel star, 31, as the current 007's replacement within the secret service, while a decision has yet to be made who will take over from Craig in Bond 26.
    An insider told the Mail: "There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007', and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman.
    "It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman."
    The source also revealed that Bond will be brought out of retirement in Jamaica to thwart a "global crisis".
    Bond 25 will be Daniel Craig's final outing in the titular roleCredit: Splash News
    Video Player is loading.
    Daniel Craig filming new James Bond scenes in London
    It comes after it was revealed Cristoph Waltz will reprise the role of Blofeld in the flick after he was spotted on set at Pinewood Studios.
    The star, 62, played the head of a shadowy organisation of villains in 2015's Spectre, and is back for a second outing despite previously claiming he wouldn't be in the next flick.
    The Mail's Baz Bamigboye broke the news on Twitter, posting: "Exclusive:Hello Mr Waltz... we’ve been expecting you.#ChristophWaltz is back as #Blofeld in ⁦@007⁩ #Bond25 , shooting scenes at Pinewood studios . When a visitor spotted him , Waltz insisted , “You haven’t seen me.”
    The Sun Online has contacted a representative for Cristoph for comment.
    Super-villain Blofeld tried to establish a global surveillance network in Spectre that would enable the organisation to monitor and evade criminal investigations at the highest level.
    In an explosive finale, Blofeld's helicopter was shot down and the villain was seen crawling from the wreckage.
    But with his fate left up in the air, it looks as if he evaded arrest.
    Christoph Waltz will reprise the role of Blofeld in the film after he was spotted on set at Pinewood Studios
    The star, 62, played the head of a shadowy organisation of villains in 2015's SpectreCredit: Alamy
    Earlier this month Bond bosses insisted the next 007 film will be in cinemas in just nine months' time despite being rocked by a string of disasters.
    A spokesperson for the spy franchise told The Sun Online that the 25th Bond movie would definitely be released in the UK on 3 April next year.
    The troubled film has been hit with several calamities - including three explosions, a crocked Daniel Craig and Grace Jones walking out.
    A triple explosion erupted at the 007 Stage at the movie franchise's Pinewood Studios base in London last month.
    A crew member sustained an injury during the blast, which took off part of the roof and several wall panels.
    Super-villain Blofeld tried to establish a global surveillance network in SpectreCredit: Kobal Collection - Rex Features
    The disaster came after Bond star Daniel was injured while shooting scenes in Jamaica, forcing filming to be delayed.
    He has now had an ankle ligament operation and was pictured with his leg in a supportive medical boot following surgery.
    The Sun revealed how the troubled film suffered another blow when Grace quit her much-hyped role moments after arriving on set.
    Grace, who played villain May Day in 1985’s A View To A Kill, walked away after discovering how few lines she’d been given.
    The film was also thrown off course by the departure of original director Danny Boyle, who quit over a script dispute, in August 2018.

QPRski likes this.
  2. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

I like Craig in the role, however why not, if anything it will be a laugh to see people getting amazingly triggered and try and make out that the only issue is bond is a male role.

QPRski and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It should be very interesting and hopefully good fun. I admit that I quite enjoyed the last couple of Bonds films.

kiwiqpr and Willhoops like this.
  4. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

In my opinion Bond should be played by an half caste Albino Muslim Rastafarian, one legged disabled wheelchair bound possibly white gender neutral, non binary, transgender vegan or vegetarian but definitely not a meatatarian with a dolphin tattoo on its ass wearing a CND tea shirt with a Frank Zappa moustache claiming that it mustn’t be shaken or stirred in case it triggers someone’s shaking or stirring anxiety complex but ultimately saving the planet as usual.
    There I think that’s nearly everybody covered if I have missed any members of humanity, sex, gender, colour, race or religion please feel free to add them.
    P.S. please be aware this is meant as a joke, it’s not meant to offend,it’s just to point out the current absurdity with which modern society now demands that we must change over 50 years of moving picture history or any other historical event or timeline to satisfy a few halfwits idea of political correctness, which in my opinion is beyond fixing and totally out of control.

5. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

But not a Chelsea fan

6. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

I've never felt so offended.

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

So I guess my ten pound life savings bet on Danny Dyer being the next 007 is not the dead cert my mates told me it would be<doh>

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  8. Willhoops

Except society hasn’t demanded this

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Think everyone seems to be missing the point. She isn't playing Bond and clearly in this film Bond is retired hence someone else taking on the 007 mantle, the Bond films already establish this is what happens when an agent is killed so the same logic would apply when one retires.

QPRski, kiwiqpr and Willhoops like this.
  10. Willhoops

Shhhhh facts don’t matter when people can be outraged <laugh>

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

which is why its titled the new 007 not the new bond

UTRs likes this.
  12. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Please buy a dictionary and look up the meaning of sarcasm and get back to me.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Try to arrange a safe place for you to calm your offended inner being, I hear Bali is good for this purpose.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Bali is very good for relaxation

15. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Love Bond movies.
    To me, Bond is an archetypal white, male heterosexual.
    If that stereotype is changed, the question is why change it and what agenda does it serve?
    Not outraged at all but I'd question why this is necessary, any more than changing Elizabeth Bennett into an hairy, androgenised horse riding gender neutral individual? The answer is, it would spoil the story.

16. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Yes I might become offended rather than offensive and go one day !!!!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Someone help me, he's still talking to me. HELP ME, ME, ME, ME

kiwiqpr likes this.
  18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Have you seen the film "Red Sparrow" with Jennifer Laurence?

So it It could be a female version of this "male spy steroptype" which certainly could be interesting as it opens a new dimension. I admit that I am very interested to see how it turns out.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  19. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Given this news I think they need to remake all the 007 movies to date, but reverse the gender in recognition of these exciting times. I hereby submit:

Thunderflaps

Octowilly

The Woman with the Golden Honeypot

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> <applause>