1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The New Era Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Dorset, May 26, 2018.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Nice knowing you Josh <ok>

2. hettonist

hettonist Active Member

Apparently we're getting some Central Defender from Hearts on Loan who is owned by Burnley if that makes sense!!!

Is Jimmy Dunne and well thought of up here. A lad who is Hearts daft and a shareholder told me this so a reasonably strong rumour anyhow. Gone back to Burnley to be loaned to us he reckons.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    RTB and Dorset like this.
  3. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Never heard of him but sounds promising. Hope the lad is a unit who's good in the air with good distribution.

I'm not asking too much am I?

Gil T Azell and hettonist like this.
  4. hettonist

hettonist Active Member

RTB and Dorset like this.
  5. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Sunderland are hoping to make Jimmy Dunne their first signing of the January window. Jack Ross has been keen to add some depth and physicality to his backline this month and the Burnley defender looks like he fits the bill. So what will he bring to Wearside?

HIS CAREER SO FAR
    Dunne came through the ranks at Manchester United and moved to Burnley in the summer of 2016. His career really took off last season when he had two very successful loan spells.The 21-year-old had his first taste of senior football during a loan spell at National League side Barrow, where he quickly became a regular, and in January 2018 he stepped up a level by moving on loan to John Coleman's Accrington Stanley. Again, Dunne worked his way into the side and never looked back. He was nominated for the player of the month award in February and made 20 appearances as the club stormed to the title. He made such an impression that Coleman had been keen to bring him in again for the current campaign, but he stayed with Burnley and played during the pre-season programme, scoring against Cork City.
    please log in to view this image

In August he moved to Hearts after their club captain Christophe Berra suffered an injury, making 14 appearances and scoring two goals before picking up an injury of his own. His form had been excellent, quickly winning the affections of Hearts supporters and even triggering an international tug of war. He is eligible to play for both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, twice playing for the Republic's U21 side. After hearing about Northern Ireland's interest, Martin O'Neill quickly gave him a first call up, though he is yet to be capped. A move to Sunderland would be the next test in a promising career to date.

WHAT KIND OF PLAYER IS HE?
    Dunne remains inexperienced, but has impressed his managers to date with his maturity and aggression. Early in his loan spell at Barrow, manager Ady Pennock marked him out as an 'old-fashioned' defender. "I want him to do unbelievably well," Pennock said."I want him to do very well for us and push on up. He has been great.He’s an old fashioned centre-half and he will make a fortune in the game if he carries on the way that he is, because it’s all tippy-tappy Charlies around centre-halves at the moment." Craig Levein had hoped to keep Dunne for the rest of the season after being impressed with his contributions. "I've been pleased with him," he said. "He has brought, for a young guy, quite a lot of calmness to the team along with his obvious attributes. He is a good passer of the ball, he's good in the air and has decent pace. He is a calm boy, he is low maintenance, and is not difficult to deal with at all."

IS HE FIT AND WHAT WOULD HE BRING TO SUNDERLAND?
    Dunne did not play in December, but is fit again and featured in an U23 game for Burnley on Monday, completing 90 minutes in a narrow 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday. The Irishman, if he completes the move, would offer an aerial threat that has perhaps been lacking in the Sunderland defence this season. Ross is also keen to have extra options in defence with Tom Flanagan and Jack Baldwin playing the vast majority of games. On Monday Ross opened up on the challenges that has been posed. "They've played a lot of games, but also mentally it is a new challenge for them. Tactically it is a bit different as well and then there is the expectation that we face. Charlton got a big reception leaving the pitch on Saturday, and that shows how we're viewed in this league. They're young men and it's a big ask for them mentally to keep churning out performances. Then there is the scrutiny, which is a word that I've used a lot. When people in Scotland ask me what's different about this club I say that. Every decision that you make, there's always that and it takes a bit of adjusting to. For me, I'm a lot older so it is much easier to cope with it with my life experience."A lot of these players are playing for a really big club for the first time and it is very different. So far they've coped very well with it."
    If Sunderland can get a deal over the line, he will add both variety and depth for the rest of the season.

Dorset likes this.
  6. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Im hearing we're after Will Grigg.

7. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Would be a good signing at this level. Proven.

44 goals in 83 appearances in league one

Dorset and safc1978 like this.
  8. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Has scored plenty of goals at this level and an ex team mate of Max Power which might help and is a good age 27.

safc1978 likes this.
  9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Plus a good song to add to the mix

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Griggs would be a promotion clincher I say.

Hope that one has legs.

Gil T Azell and Dorset like this.

11. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I would hope so otherwise he'd be no good at football! Arf Arf!!!

makemdan likes this.
  12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He could have tank tracks.

13. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

There is that

victank.gif

Nads likes this.
  14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Report: Arsenal block Joe Willock's loan exit amid Sunderland interest

Dorset and Gil T Azell like this.
  15. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Surprised at that. Would have thought they would have preferred the lad getting some game time.

16. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Could be a wind up...

17. Jack TheLad

Who?

18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

He’s Rob Lee's son (Ex mag) decent player attacking mid/forward (this level) although SD has denied an offer

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  19. Jack TheLad

Never heard of him.

20. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh me too
    I’ve never heard of him
    I know he has a son called Ollie

Jack TheLad likes this.