1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The non-Watford football thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by North North Watford, May 1, 2012.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Maybe one to throw them out of then?

2. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Foxes to spend £1m on jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town , thinking they havent heard of the new regulations<yikes>

3. Bolton's Boots

And who was it who was worried about us signing James Collins for £250K because he has played the last couple of seasons in League 2? I wonder what on earth possessed the Foxes to splash out £1M on a Conference player! :shocked:

4. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Shame that there can't be something done to protect managers from being sacked with being at a club for hardly any time at all, but if the FA or the LMA tried to do that, it probably wouldn't be able to implemented as it would probably be classed as a restriction of trade. I remember years ago a manager once saying before a big game (maybe Brighton's Jimmy Melia before the 1983 FA Cup Final) "All managers are caretakers, I just happen to be the official one". It's even more like that now.

5. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

Heiðar news

http://mbl.is/sport/enski/2012/05/21/hreingerningar_i_gangi_hja_qpr/

Cleaning under way at QPR

QPR boss Mark Hughes has started some summer cleaning for the team that just saved itself from relegation, and still plays in the English Premier League next season.
    Eight players leave QPR next month when their contracts expire, they are Peter Ramage, Danny Gabbidon, Danny ****tu, Fitz Hall, Gary Borrowdale Dale, Lee Cokk, Rowan Wine and Patrick Agyemang.
    Heiðar Helguson will remain in the London team’s camp. Heiðar, who became the top scorer of the team during the season in spite of being more or less the last five months, has one year left on his contract.

[h=1]Hreingerningar í gangi hjá QPR[/h]Mark Hughes knattspyrnustjóri QPR hefur hafið sumarhreingerningarnar hjá félaginu en það rétt bjargaði sér frá falli og leikur því áfram í ensku úvalsdeildinni á næstu leiktíð.
    Átta leikmenn yfirgefa QPR í næsta mánuði þegar samningar þeirra renna út en það eru þeir Peter Ramage, Danny Gabbidon, Danny ****tu, Fitz Hall, Gary Borrowdale, Lee Cokk, Rowan Wine og Patrick Agyemang.
    Heiðar Helguson verður áfram í herbúðum Lundúnaliðsins en Heiðar, sem varð markahæsti leikmaður liðsins á tímabilinu þrátt fyrir vera frá meira og minna síðustu fimm mánuðina, á eitt ár eftir af samningi sínum.

6. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

8. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Not really molde to bergen , bergen to oslo ,oslo to birmingham , dunno what his problem is lol.......<laugh>

9. North North Watford

Who'd have thought back in September that Carlos Tevez would contribute so much to English football this season? First he showed that you can be a petulant, overpaid brat, take a four month holiday and still clinch your team the title. And now he has inspired this:

please log in to view this image

10. Yellowperil

Yellowperil Member

Interesting that suddenly Blatter wants an alternative to penalty shootouts. Could it be that FIFA & UEFA didn't like an English club beating a continental club with penalties?

11. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

This shows what the Premiership can do for a team. http://mbl.is/sport/enski/2012/05/27/swansea_semur_vid_hoffenheim_um_gylfa/

All after Reading sold him for GBP6,5million.

[h=1]Swansea deal with Hoffenheim on Gylfi[/h][FONT=&quot]Welshfootball club Swansea City have reached an agreement with Hoffenheim in Germanyfor the purchase of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GylfiÞór Sigurðsson for GBP7.2million, according to BBCreports today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Reportshave been agreed member of the English and German media last few days but ithas not been established.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gylfi was as well known, on loanat Swansea from Hoffenheim late preceding period, scoring with seven goals in17 games for the team in the Premier League.[/FONT]

12. North North Watford

Small town club decides to pay even smaller town club £7.2m? What is the world coming to?

He's a great player and all that, but the money involved relative to the size of the clubs involved is just eye watering. At least with Man United, Real Madrid and Barcelona you can see how they might be able to generate tens of millions of pounds (although even then they are in major debt).

13. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

this is twice the size of their previous record signing, i believe that was our very own DG...seems like a hell of a lot for a small town club to me!

14. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

I suppose if they sell him on for a few millions in a couple of seasons though Swansea will say its worth it.

Bit sad to think like that I know.

I see Chelsea have won the race for Hazard...hopefully from their point of view he is worth the money and time taken for him to sign!

15. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

apparently Brendan Rodgers is considering the Liverpool job and has cut his holiday short...i could have sworn he said he was staying with Swansea last week! A leopard never changes it's spots and all that!

16. North North Watford

17. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

18. Bolton's Boots

No surprise really, Italian football has been tainted with corruption ever since I can remember. I only hope that their players don't think that they could come over here for the duration.

19. North North Watford

The only way England are going into the final group game of Euro 2012 with even an outside chance of progressing is if Ashley Young plays well in the first two games.

So while I agree with the point you're making, I'm not sure how much difference a few Italians would make. Frankly we need foreign players to come here and get severely punished for blatant diving, because there is no way the FA will attempt to stamp it out by making an example of English players.

20. tworossjenkins

I have no time for Brenda after his triumphant walk around the Vic at the end of his season with us, the did the off a week or two later. The man is as two faced as a bloke with two faces...