1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The not606 Format

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurf, Jun 11, 2011.

1. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

What did you post Nowsuffering? I was barred for 24 hours and I cannot think for the life of me why. I'm back on but don't want to be. This site so far has the best posting.

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Thor mate I called City's owners Rag Heads. Apparently, according to these ****wits, I can expect a knock on my door from the dreaded Strathclyde Police. I'm typing this from behind the soa, in case they turn up any minute <biggrin>

3. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

There's a hell of a lot of paranoia associated with that team I've noticed. They are very insecure. It seems to me to be a team that remembers it's lower divisions past and has a collective inferiority complex because of its more illustrious neighbour.I think that they feel that they now have a chance of being as good as Man U as long as Mancini stays there and are peeing themselves in case he leaves and that they return to mediocrity and hence be the butt of Man U's jokes all over again.(Wow,did I really post that?)

4. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Like you, I'm not really that bothered. I'm just annoyed that it's the first deleted comment I'd made, and the cowardly way it was done. Anyway, to put not too fine a point on it, they can stick their forum where the sun don't shine. Give it six months, at the rate they're going, and they'll have banned all their customers, anyway. At least they won't have to worry about the Jock old bill coming after them <laugh>

5. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

[NSFW]Anyone seen this magnificent button?[/NSFW]

6. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Smart I did I was just confirming to MM <ok>

7. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

8. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I suppose that it wouldn't ever occur to those dickheads that The Strathclyde Police have probably got their hands full with slightly more important things than their poxy little forum. Still, in these increasingly bizarre times, I suppose one should never underestimate just how ridiculous the P.C. brigade can get.

9. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

So we come to it then.

1. What will make you come to ja606 ??
    2. And what will not ??

On #1 there seems to be features on not606 that were not on BBC 606,
    which people like.

On #2 there is the claim (real or perceived) that the WUM situation
    on ja606 is as bad / worse than BBC 606, and more controlled here.

There is a schism.
    But here and on ja606, the mood is that the Spurs 606 tribe need to come
    back together as one.

How to resolve it ??

On #2 I have put this to the ja606 admin.
    Would people here sacrifice their fancy features here for a WUM-free env ??

10. epilepticfridgeboy

You go on about JA606 being full of WUM's which to my knowledge isn't really true, yet you lot fill the not606 airtime with a load of bitching and slagging off of JA606. You're effectively criticising JA for doing exactly what you spend your whole time doing over here. It's double standards of the highest order. If you really want a forum that just talks football in a sensible, mature way then do that, because this article suggests you're no better than the WUM's in the first place.

Also, what's so wrong with a format that means each article has it's own airtime, dropping down by date over popularity? At least it's easy to navigate. It's hard to tell which articles are new on here. Not many new one's are made for that reason because all the time an old article remains at the top, everyone just posts comments completely irrelevant to the original point of the article, so even then it remains at the top regardless of how relevant it is.

I'm not really against either site but being a poster of both i can say there's a lot more talk about ja606 on here than the other way around.

11. The RDBD

epilepticfridgeboy :

1. Obviously did not read a single word of what I posted

Because none of your reply actually answers what I asked

2. Does not recall the WUM avalanche on ja606 within two days
    of the Spurs 606 board opening

Wherever one goes, I am asking why there, and not somewhere else ??
    And what will it take to make denizens of one go to the other ??

Is this simple enough for you to understand ??

12. The RDBD

As the words go : irony can be pretty ironic. :)

At this point I want to understand what the likes/dislikes/issues are, real or
    perceived, petty or not. So somewhere, wherever it may end up being,
    gets at the minimum the tools to have all that was good and loved on BBC 606,
    and none of that which ruined things for the masses.

13. epilepticfridgeboy

The truth is there was nothing wrong with the original 606. Just like anything in life you learn to love the faults. By changing things too much you lose the original's appeal.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I'd agree with most of that mate. I like the format. However, it seems to be run by a bunch of P.C. clowns who are frightened of their own shadows. As I said last night, at the rate they're going, in six months they'll have banned eveybody.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

RBDB. I like the way this site is run. We're all adults (apart from a few of the Wum's) ja606's moderators are way OTT in my view. O.k. maybe I shouldn't have called City's owners rag tops, or whatever, but a simple warning would have done. Instead they go way over the top - ban me for life-insinsuate that the Strathclyde Police will be after me <laugh> Sorry mate, but much worse things were said and done on the BBC 606 without half of the site users being banned. These guys will be out of business very soon if they carry on like this.

16. epilepticfridgeboy

Are ja606 banning people already? I've never really said anything that could be misconstrued as offensive on there so i have no idea. I assumed the system would run the same as the old 606. A series of warnings, that's all i ever got. The same old "you post has been removed as it contravenes house rules. Any persistent actions could result in a ban" or whatever it said. They never banned me but i guess i was never all that offensive. If ja606 are banning people already then why aren't they banning the wums that you guys say are crawling all over the site? Something doesn't add up here.

17. SolidSpur

SolidSpur Member

I wouldn't mind an option to post a thread on more then one board at a time.

18. epilepticfridgeboy

In my opinion, any forum that doesn't advocate free speech is dead in the water. I was a member on coys and that place is so ridiculous it's unreal. I got banned for questioning the integrity of one of their itks just once. The difference is, they've got their loyal following so letting me go was no big deal for them. I don't think ja606 or not606 are in any position to be banning people just yet. They're still in their infancy and cannot afford to alienate prospective members.

To be honest, of all the forums i've been a member of, 606 was the most liberal in terms of what you could and couldn't say. Yes, you couldn't swear and yes, we had our fair share of wums but at least everyone had a voice. It was never dictatorial like a lot of the others.

19. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I think that Boris' comment was probably in response to my calling his oke team "some rag heads toy" That's what got me banned. I am not wondering if they will let me back in, because I couldn't give a ****. The forum is run by a bunch of twats, anyway.

20. Ubiq

Ubiq Member

Yeah, you exposed yourself as a racist idiot who I wouldn't want to have a discussion with.
    I'm not overly PC, but you're a bit of a prat talking like that and thinking it's funny.
    Maybe a warning would have been more even-handed, but you don't even seem to realise why people would not want to hear an opinion from someone who uses language like that and actually thinks it's humour. You probably would have kept it up and rightly banned eventually anyway, so no sympathy here mate.