1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Man Utd & Liverpool plus Chelsea, Everton and City Banter Thread!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Now now Ruffian! :D

You may or may not be right about Sweats being a bastard. Only he amongst us knows and I doubt he's going to tell us. However, in today's totally confused reality does calling somebody a racist make you a racist? It's just become all too confusing! :sad:

2. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

Sweats - you're going to have to be far more specific. Which one?

Ruff - he is, isn't he? <laugh>

3. Foredeckdave

There's just too many hopefuls and very little experience there. Smalling, Walker and Jones still have to prove that they really do have the talent for top level football - let alone international duty. You have the same problem up front with Welbeck, Sturridge and Oxlade Chamberlain. Young players will always need to have some experience around them especially in a tournament.

Personally I wouldn't have Walcott near the squad.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

sweats got called on the old "racism" that hanson got called on.

I think theres some merit in discussing teams but am not sure i'd agree with all of that team.

So.....

Hart everyone will agree with

Richards is someone who's imprved year on year and is a good shout at RB. johons has done well this year but richards may just be that much better at the back
    Cole, sorry but he's still got it and will start ahead of lash it in baines 9mind you harry likes lash it in and hope bale too)

Ferdinand IMO is still a shout at CB
    cahill needs to play for cheslea and settle in. IMO strongly terry needs to be dropped. if its racist to say there's bad feeling fine but in reality this destryoed holland a while ago.

Parker is a shoe in IMO aslo, barry should be dropped cos all he does for city is clogg and he's not no legs

rooney is a shoe in once suspension is over.

The whole thing falls apart for right side, left side, cetnral midifeld and the "second striker"

None of the options are a pathetic conpared the creative players other teams baost.... BUT If ashely yonug proves his fitness he should occurpy one slot and milner by all rights the other. I really don't know then what will happen.

I'd bring lennon, sturridge, donwing, gerrard and even lampard along but i'd not want to necessarally play them. Its hard to see where the SCHOLES type player or prolific striekr will come from.... my understnaidn is whilshire is out... chamberlain is too young, walcott is thick and useless and carroll aint prolific.

the very worst thing england can do is go abck to the oaps all over the ptich like lampard gerrard, defoe, bent etc etc....

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yes, but this is my whole point to be honest. Out with the old, in with the new.

It's worked for the Germans recently and they've sent young squads with no hope who have then massively over achieved. Ok, they haven't won the tournaments but do we really, honestly expect us to do that, regardless of who gets picked?

6. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> couldn't remember his name..

I would have Jags in the squad also. and yes i would take bent.. I didnt put a massive amount of thought into my team, they were my first choices really..

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd bring jones and smalling too...

8 defenders might read, johnson richards cahill rio jones smalling cole baines..... no terry imo. choice between smalling and terry

3 keepers are hard picks, hart and then who? those i'd want retired due to capello so who might jsut come back?

8 midfielders parker gerrard lampard milner downing lennon young, barry as last pick.

4 forwards must go... rooney welbeck carroll sturridge. To be honest theres two kids there but welbeck and strurrdge are both playing so the choice could be carroll for bent... much rests on betwen now and seasons end. I'd want bent for the first two games but after that no.... no waywould defoe get close.

thats my 23... i don't see a winning side in that but there is a consistent level of talent, chamberalin would need to go do amazing to make the 23, walcott i can't see forcing out any of the midfield not even downing. lampard is only there and so is gerrard due to total lack of options.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and i agree with yong is beter but i can't see how you curtail the egos.....

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Pretty simple, Lampard and Terry don't go for a start. I'd also have no place for Ferdinand and Cole if I could help it. I think Gerrard would operate far better without those and would remain in the squad as a senior player with Parker.

Downing wouldn't get near, Adam Johnson is far better and I'd also rather have Milner out wide than him any day too. You've also got Young as a shoe in with Oxlade Ch as a probable and Walcott a possible, same as Lennon, as your wide players.

CF's; Bent, because he's better then Carroll, with Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck as the other three. Good variety there with Young and OC backing that up.

It is a really good mix, we do not need the old heads

10. Foredeckdave

I do accept the basis of your argument. The past is past and should be let go. However I don't see a team in the youngsters that you have chosen.

I don't think that the Germans did just "throw the youngsters in". I believe that they picked a squad of youngsters who's skill sets/attitude complemented each other. Then they refined their game plan as that squad gained experience. If we just throw the youngsters in, they will get slaughtered and it could effect some very promising careers.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ok Dave, here is the team. The rest of the squad is made up oif the names I have mentioned earlier.

Hart
    Richards Cahill Smalling Baines
    Gerrard Parker Wilshere(Carrick or Milner if not fit)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain Young
    Rooney

That is a team. I'm not saying it will win the thing but it will do better than last sixteen and is potentially a semi finalist. We have loads of candidates for all positions bar left back and the reserve goalkeepers.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Here's your answer...

please log in to view this image

13. Foredeckdave

You could be right - but I'd still worry. Whoever does become the England manager let's hope he develops a squad philosophy and is strong enough to stick to his principles and disregard the media.

14. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Mornin all, don't forget to place your bets with your local anti-manc/scouse for the weekend. Glad to see that Kenny has said that Suarez will shake evra's hand, if he didn't......well I don't really want to think about the consequences.

15. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Evening.

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Wish it was! got a lot of work to do but don't feel like doing it one bit. So I know many are jumping on the Redknapp bandwagon but I have heard plenty saying hell no to Arry and wanting Moruinho or Hiddink. Also no one seems to want Scott Parker but I think there is a question of who else? The only name that comes to mind for me is Rooney. I don't know if Gerrard will want it and there will be question marks of staying healthy. He could and should get it, but I can see them giving it to Rooney.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

1.... I said earlier harry's teams can't defend for ****... i am right and the cl proves it. thefact he lucked into brad friedal is one thing, but come on our world class attack? if you guys can't be that tongue in cheek. you fancy your changes scoring off the spuds every time you play them.... sides are so scared this yea rof modric and bale they play too deep and that helps the spuds... for england that aint happening.

2.... Downing v johnson... i don't much care, one is a big time charlie the other has been terrible for liverpool. you need a left footed player someewhere so i won't bother figihting which..

3.... someones' got to organise the defense so i think rio is worth a shout still, not great but for this tournament? you can't go with harry's lack of back room and lack of foucs and expect 4 boys to come together.... neville did a good peice on evra totally ignoring rio helping him and telling him where to send sturridge last weekend. rio can organise the yonuger guys.

4.... foredeck is really correc tin saying the germans might be yonug but there were the players in the right poistions. our young lads are not... wlacott is the perfect example of a career plagued by not knowing what the hell he is

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The captaincy is just a sideshow I think. I don't get the massive deal we make of it.

They should give it Hart as the one nailed on choice in the team and have done with it.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

captain.

choices.

hart.. too young no expereince at it
    rio... will he be picked and he's says no already BUT now its not for capello is it? might change the tune
    gerrard... will he be picked? same story done over by capello publically to get terry the job back
    rooney. most unsuitable candidate due to obvious issues. plus not bloody playing 2 games!
    barry, can't run won't run.
    Parker, hard worker but prob least tlaented of the bunch, thats not a disqualifier

no body else even comes close for me.

20. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I'd give it to Scott Parker.. The captaincy that is..