1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Has anyone been listening to the Jamie carragher podcasts?

Just read about article on sky mentioning it and started listening to one now with Owen. Lots of diff ones on there as well.

quite interesting, it is a lot more relaxed than generic interviews you get. Certainly puts a diff spin on some stuff like the move to Madrid etc

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've listened to them all, decent stuff.

3. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

just got through the Owen one. Found it really interesting hearing him talk about actually how much of a fan of Liverpool he is, what he did to try and get back to Liverpool and how the plan was to go Newcastle for a year before going to Liverpool again. I’ve always been a bit meh about him since he left but actually feel a bit sorry for the stick he gets and he seems like a proper decent guy.

Gonna start going through the rest

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He still went to Man Utd, it should have been retirement before that. He can't love Liverpool that much if he made that choice.

The Bellamy one was my fave.

5. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

hmm as he says. Was united, Everton or hull who were in relegation but yeah the united thing will always be issues.

but I thought he came across well. Much more personality than you normally see of him on tv

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

I think that's all fantasy stuff.

there's no such thing as going to Newcastle.on a 5 year deal to go back to lfc. he had a story going to real and a story when they told him to get stuffed.

if he just told Newcastle no and sat and rotted for 12.months then he might have been able to come back. he made his choice chasing money and signing on fees and was quite happy every step of the way.

he makes stuff up to suit himself. he knew full well that was.coming his way joining utd. he did it for the signing on fee again.

and tbh if he were from everton not us we would not begrudge a player a pay day where ever he got it.

but he was ours and was waited for for 5 years growing up, was the only player I have ever heard cheered at anfield having announced his contract was signed. he shafted us in 2004. he shafted us in 2006 with Newcastle and continued to do so with utd.

how he is a club ambassador I do not know.

same for mcmanaman. a self confessed toffee who royally shafted the club to go to real. never had a good word to say when he wandered back to be a pundit and we still give him a little role

if he thought he could he'd wear an Everton top and cheer pickford on in cropping vvd. but he knows where his bread is buttered as he wore red the everton fans rightly won't give him the time.of day over their own legends

at least in the olden days players relied on speaking and going to clubs and pubs telling yarns.

I blame Hanson anyway, punditry is such a boring way to earn a crust

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Where can I find them?

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Spotify

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

<cheers>

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

He didn't have to go to Newcastle. We had put a bid in. He could have said "nah I would rather go home" and refused Newcastle, but he wanted more money.

Which is fair...

I didn't really turn against him until Man United. He knew the teams history and knew how that would look. Again, it all comes down to money. Owen may say he likes Liverpool, and maybe he does, but he's perfectly willing to burn the club if it gets him a slightly bigger pay cheque.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

hmm not what he says. We wouldn’t go above 8m and Newcastle bid 16m. He didn’t wanna sit and do nothing for a year in a World Cup year so didn’t have much option but his words were, he made it clear to agent and Newcastle was for a year before going back to Liverpool for what they were willing to pay... what happened the next year not sure. Sounds like Rafa wasn’t interested anymore though

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just listened to the Owen one; excellent listen tbf.

I was never a big fan if Owen, even before he left Liverpool (always seemed to put England over Liverpool and I claimed very early that he'd be nothing without pace. Maybe Fowler was too high a standard for him to meet in my mind too) but I've defended him in each individual situation over the years. It's all the situations combined that make it difficult to forgive him imo. However, I do believe he's genuine when he talks about his love for Liverpool and how his career progressed.

Interesting that Carragher said he wouldn't have signed for Man Utd but when pushed he said he wouldn't have signed for Everton or Hull either (Owen's only options at the time). Owen pushed him again by asking if he'd have retired at 27 and again Jamie says no but doesn't answer when asked what he would have done. Owen seemed convinced JC would have done the same.

13. Milk not bear jizz

I'm sure others would have gladly taken Owen. If Owen dropped his wages. I don't mind he tried to capitalise on his career as short as a footballers career is, but he could have said "no, I won't sign for Newcastle, so accept Liverpool or I'm not going." And he could have dropped his wage demands so that Man Utd and a couple others were not only ones willing to pay...

But he didn't.

He had options. He was Michael friggin Owen. Teams would have loved him, even in the end, for the right price.

14. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Watched Knives Out on Prime. 8/10, a twisty who dunnit

15. Milk not bear jizz

Starring a Liverpool fan too!

(Although I didn't like him doing the American accent... It just seemed wrong... <laugh>)

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Who

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  17. Milk not bear jizz

Daniel Craig, James Bond, he's essentially an older version of me.

Liverpool fan from Cheshire who married Rachel Weisz.... Only in my case I didnt actually marry her, just uh... Nevermind.

18. Red Hadron Collider

He's a Red, but I don't really rate him as an actor.

19. Milk not bear jizz

That's another thing I have in common with him. You wouldn't rate me as an actor either.

20. Red Hadron Collider

Bet your acting's better than your ****ing jokes <laugh>