1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

Although it's in a sense a simple idea - I find the complexity of the show as it goes through the seasons is incredible. It touches on every aspect of a troubled city in such a clever way. To the point that when it ends I was literally in a state of shock about how clever and unbelievably brilliant it is. I still can't believe how it is possible to portray such a thing through the TV. It really is incredible.

I love a quote I saw in the Guardian about it -

"many people view it as the best show ever. The others haven't seen it yet"

2. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

Don't give away spoilers <yikes>

3. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

Also I've just started watching The Soprnaos again as I saw it when it first came out years ago. I must say what an anti-climax it feels like after watching The Wire.

It just feels like a very good soap opera. Not knocking it as it is a very good show, just I feel it's not in the same league as The Wire.

4. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

The Polar Bear -

Have you seen 'The Corner'?

It's done by the same people and based on a true story. Similar to the wire just an HBO mini series with 6 episodes. Very good though

5. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Why are all these stupid threads that are not related to football on our board for.

6. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

Some United fans including myself wanted them to be fair Alan, so they don't spill into the football realted topics.

At the moment I think we just need to get some activity on our board <ok>

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Episode 7 of The Wire tonight for me once everyone has gone to bed.

8. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

<ok> Suppose you could look at it that way. Just frustrating to look at our board front page to see threads such as

"Your england team for 2012", "Bitches", "FA Cup: Jasper Carrott Sings Cup Final 1976" etc.

9. KingEric07.

I know mate. I haven't contributed to those threads either.

There does need to be more footy threads on our board ( see UIR thread on it ) but we need to get people posting on it <ok>

10. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

<yikes>

Jesus I wish I could turn back time and be on ep07 for the first time....

Glad you're getting into it mate.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Hello lad,you remind me of someone.

Cant remember who though.

<whistle>

12. KingEric07.

kpr ?

13. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

A forum legend?

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Watched 7&8 getting really good now.

15. SKY+

SKY+ Guest

And it only gets better....and better.....and better....

16. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

going by your selections i can't believe you haven't watched "the usual suspects" - class

17. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

showing my age now but can anyone remember a cartoon called "wait till your father gets home" - the original cartoon aimed at an adult market - can't find copies of it anywhere

18. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

It was me who started the film/tv thread and bluff just did it muliti board, something I was going to do as I had a few requests to do so.

These threads will keep the board ticking by which is a good thing. The reason we now have a cross board film/tv thread is so the banter thread can remain as banter.

In a strange way the only people who have any idea what its like supporting a team who knows the taste of success are the liverpool fans so cross board fun threads between the 2 sets of fans add to the site. Threads like the race threads cause trouble as we are all going to support the player in our team such is the rivalry.

19. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Never heard of it pal and I dont know how old you are but I am 24 so if you are older than me and your generation liked their animated shows then thats all good.

I love family guy though, its my sort of humour, a bit crude, a little bit in your face but not afraid to go there. Class.

20. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

After ruining Multiple threads by talking about TV shows, I fully endorse this thread. <ok>

I'm currently watching Season 6 of Dexter - Awesome show, It would win a lot more awards IMO, if it wasn't so edgy. Simple rundown, its about a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Homicide department, who is a serial killer, who kills serial killers.

I'm also watching Pysch; shows not that great as far as the crime goes, but I find it pretty hilarious as I'm a pretty similar person as the main character.

The only other show I'm watching at the moment is The Office. I literally watched 7 seasons on Netflix in 2-3 weeks.

The other shows I watch that come out later are: Game of Thrones, Shameless, Californication, and White Collar.

I'm American so I pretty much only watch American TV. Totally open to suggestions.

Has anyone seen Homeland yet? First season started like 2-3 weeks ago, looks pretty good but I haven't got around to watching it yet.