1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The old guard...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

2. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Shame because for me when he's been on the pitch he's been the best striker we've had for a long time, as he can do most things and his goals to games ratio is pretty good considering the team he played in and the fact he was noticeably carrying an injury. I actually think he's better suited to the loan striker role more than Bonne as he's more physical and can hold the ball up better. Seems his off the field antics have caught up with him but never appeared to affect his performances on the pitch. I'm sure clubs higher up than Colchester will be going for him.

It'd be interesting to understand how much PC has had to do with this because there is some suggestions that PC has been happy with Norwood from a football perspective but the club (aka Ashton I'm assuming) has taken issue with his off field behaviour... I just hope it was Cook who had the final decision.

This means we need to up our game to sign Bonne plus another striker in January.

Who'd have thought when Paul Cook took over that Nsiala and Donacien would be the survivors of a squad cull, for me they were 2 of the players who would've been out the door first.

3. Bigalreigned

With the new guys indicating there’ll be more transfer activity in the January window they probably want him off the payroll.That as much as any “footballing ability v attitude” issues.I agree with you,itfcptc,those two would have been pretty low down on my list of expected survivors of the mega-clearout!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I’m glad we are getting back to setting some standards and having some moral fibre. It wasn’t an isolated moment of madness. He’s let himself down over and over again.

Nuggets and Spanish like this.
  5. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I’m going to do a Spanish here and keep it short and sweet;

he’s getting old, he’s more hassle than he’s worth he’s yesterday’s man. Get rid and get what money we still can.

Nuggets, Bigalreigned and Spanish like this.
  6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

James Norwood on his day played well for a club he loved. Like others, he was a character I liked. Thru thick & thin, injuries and pranks to boot, he scored 115 goals from 2015 -2021. A liability at times, but no mean feat.

itfcptc likes this.
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Well that’s one way to look at it. Another is that he’s scored about ten goals per season in the third tier and he blew the opportunity with no one else to blame. Underwhelming to say the least. He had one great season in League Two, all the other goals were outside the Football League.

8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Get rid of both....No good and Jackass

9. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Is Colchester the equivalent to the Elephants graveyard for ex Town players ?

10. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

If I were a member of the old guard and wanted to stay in the area, like the region and had family and house, as well lots of elephant mates, and still a few miles in the football, or rather hoofball tank, Col U must be an atrractive watering hole, and then graveyard!

11. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Can see the attraction of signing with Colchester for them, and can see how Colchester think it's a good idea.

But doesn't feel like a coincidence the manager lost his job last week...

12. Bigalreigned

Redruth and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.