1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Open Championships - Royal Lytham & St Anne's 19th-22nd July

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Shoulda hit 2 or 4 iron to avoid the left bunkers, would have put him nicely in the fairway but hindsight is a great thing. Well done Ernie.

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Poor Adam Scott...<wah> Congratulations Ernie Els...

What a finish, what a plonker...!!! I bet Scotty will be thinking long and hard now about what happened and what he didnt do more than how the hell did Ernie win... But you have to say that with 5 holes left and a 4 shot lead you should be winning the trophy. I initially didn't think Scott would win this because of his putting, im not a fan of the 'longer' belly putters, and i do think its because the player dos have a weakness that has made him go to the longer putter. But yesterday wasn't just about his putter it was his mental strength that was tested and he wasn't up to it.

Maybe being so far in front he eased off mentally, thought it was easy, and at the first sign of pressure couldn't get his act together. Whatever the reason he will not get a better chance of winning his first Major, and thats a shame for the bloke.

As for Ernie, well what can you say. He slipped in under the radar a bit really and has stolen the Open jug...!!! Saying that he was one of only a very select few who actually played under par yesterday so at least he did what he had to do and then pray for divine intervention... And he got it...!!!

Got my money back on G-Mac getting a top 7 finish but i was eyeing up more after the 1st hole only to sit back and accept that he wasn't going to win it soon after... Oh well onwards and upwards...<cheers>

3. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Bloody Zach Johnson kept giving me false hope, shot -5 and -4 in rounds 1 and 3 :emoticon-0102-bigsm. Shot +4 and +5 in rounds 2 and 4 :emoticon-0120-doh:.