1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Panicometer

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Bill Hill, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

How are we all feeling on the summer of 2015 panicometer 1 to 10 scale?

1 its unbeliveably great - relax everyone; kevin keegan is gonna sign and we are off to win the league

10 The Full Meltdown - we are ruined

I am running at a cautiously calm 4 having learnt much from last summer where I operated in some, well, higher numbers for a while

2. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

A 2 or a 3. People need to calm down. The windfows only been open a week. None of us know whats going on behind the scenes and we proved last season that we can replace anyone who leaves. Onwards and upwards!

Beddy likes this.
  3. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Absolutely 0, mate, thanks for asking.

If the Liebherr family sell the club to an American Corporate which thinks it a good idea to move us to New York, or Koeman turns out to be a Pompey plant I'll start to worry. But players coming and going? I've supported Saints too long not to recognise a good time when I see it. Sure, these days we swim in more shark-infested waters, and the big money boys will always be able to tempt away our best players, but so long as a team called Southampton FC exists for me to support I'll be a happy bunny.

Now excuse me, to borrow a line from WGS, I've got a yogurt going out of date.

fatletiss, Velcro Roy and saintlyhero like this.
  4. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Nothing has happened in this window so far that any realistic Saints supporter did not expect.

Toby, Nathan and Morgan were all expected to leave. It's just disappointing where two of them have ended up.

From the money we shall get from Morgan and the money we were willing to spend on Toby we have a sizable transfer budget of over £40m to buy three or four good quality players.

As a Saints supporter things could be a lot lot worse.

At least we have a manager and owners we trust, which is a lot more than the vast majority of league sides

5. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Easy for me ................... 2-9 on a daily, no hourly basis :emoticon-0140-rofl:

6. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

3-4 for me

Like saintlyheao, my disappointment is with the destinations of Nat and apparently Toby
    First three incoming were OK but certainly not sure about no4. I would like to see some more quality coming along in the key positions and soon

7. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I'm with you Lammy nothing unpredictable ........errrr so far!!

8. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Minus 2,675,873.

9. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

I'm a saints fan so I live in a constant state of 9.99999 even when things are going really well. Its bad news to lose Clyne and Toby, and to our least favourite clubs/managers, but I know we will get in replacements who are better, and cheaper. The saddest thing is that with all of the money washing round the game for most players any move will be for more money. The lure of Champions League is a convenient peg to hang their greed on, but if i'm honest if I was in their position I'd take double my money on each move, especially given the short career.

damn it, I'm now up to 10 - full melt down, and that's before an ashes ball has been bowled

Beddy likes this.
  10. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

6. Need to get the Morgan and Toby situations sorted by the end of the week so we can move on. Get our replacements in ASAP and increase the squad depth further, I'd like us to be a bit futher along in our preparations at this stage of the summer.

11. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

I've said it before, I suspect we have a very long term plan, which includes cheaply buying in players with prospects, turning them into heroes then flogging them on for excellent money. Repeat often enough and you end up with the money to compete with the big four*.

Toby's an anomaly but if you just see it as a signing we've missed it's nowt to worry about - we probably miss dozens every year that we don't hear about.

It will take time but, if you buy into my concept then you're very relaxed about people leaving. If it's planned there's no need to panic.

Vin

* © every lazy journalist in the past fifteen years.

12. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

On Day 8 of the transfer window...

VVD likes this.
  13. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

Definitely a 1 although hopefully without the Kevin Keegan signing!

Nothings happened to make any of us lose our **** so why have some of us?

It's exciting times to see who comes and who goes and then we have the small matter of a very long season to look forward to!

Onwards and upwards!

14. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

If Ron's happy I'm happy, that's my preferred stance for this summer.

15. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Strewth Guys.....I can understand some of the disappointment......and some of the negative comments. But hey........ although we are a premier league club we are not anywhere near some of the bigger clubs and wont be for many, many years.
    There is nothing wrong in wanting to achieve the large club status and nothing wrong in expecting the best result for the club. In truth though life just ain't like that. At times it does appear that the big clubs try to bully us........just as we try to get our preferred way in other dealings.
    We will always try to compete at what ever level we are at....the so called big clubs will always try and stop us, sometimes they will succeed, sometimes they wont. One things for sure, they will know they have been in a battle and they will Know we are not to be taken lightly.
    So chin up guys onwards and upwards as others have said......We will be there or there abouts..............

16. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

1. nothing to worry about. So what we missed out on Toby, we have some great players who want to wear the shirt. We will sign others.

17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I get worried/excited about losing/signing players, but virtually zero on panicometer. Panic levels were set by our period in administration and then reset last summer, so this summer I'm on zero. We have lost the players we expected and no sign of losing others, have signed 4 players with more on the horizon, have preseason matches about to start, closely followed by Europa League games. Great.

18. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Yeah thats a valid point I suppose, but it's not like all clubs sit there and twiddle their thumbs until 1st July!

19. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Definately a 1 for me, i've haven't been as happy and relaxed to be a Saints fan since the halcyon days of Lawrie Mac and I can't understand others that are not enjoying the success that the club are currently having. over 90% of other clubs would love to be us right now.
    As for the Toby saga, well he never was fully ours, was he?, he chose the bright lights of London over sleepy Hampshire, nothing we can do about that, as a wise man once said "control the controllables".

20. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

No more than a 1. Probably a big fat zero.