1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

*** The pilgrimage Bar***

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No he can't lyndhurst, that's why he lived at home. I did a lot of that when my lad went off to Uni some years back. I visited him part way through and had to close my eyes in the house he shared. I had to first find then wash a cup to have a coffee in a mass of dishes in the sink. It would have been easier to have had a cup of Vodka by the time I found the ingredients. Fills you with hope doesn't it.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lindy.....No one ever said that retirement was easy.....just that someone has to do it.......:rolleyes:.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

be easier going back to work.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I see Plymouth Albion have gone into Administration? is this true? as they seem to be doing quite well on the pitch now?

Plymouth Speedway is in the brown stuff also..

5. lyndhurstgreen

Seems to be true Joe, though I wont pass any comment about Plymothians not supporting their local teams.......

6. Greenarmyjoe

Say no more.. I think a lot of the rugby fans go to watch the Chiefs? People soon moan once its all gone.. Hopefully Mr Vosper will bail them out?

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't like to see any club in any sport falling apart so I hope they sort it out. Have to say I've never been a follower of Rugby particularly and Albion have never set any fires in competitions either to tempt people. Suspect their following has never been great but like most sports now they have to try to compete financially with much bigger boys who have much richer backers. Ain't going to happen is it as it doesn't very often in football. The big difference with Albion in comparrison to Argyle is they have to stand alone with support only likely from within the City as there are alternatives locally elsewhere for outside interest. Argyle get the Cornish support but they have rugby teams of their own so won't be travelling to Plymouth for that fix. Bound to be harder for them.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ok everyone......lets celebrate the rest of the season with a drink of your choice.....and if sensible is in a good mood (someone said that last happened in the 1980's) he'll raid his cellar for crisps & nuts alround.

We can actually pick today our early season winning team.......two winnable games coming up at Morecambe today and Monday v York......I also have it on good authority that self employed mega rich Joe is footing the bill today......cheers everyone......did I hear Joe say "have another one chaps on me" ) I don't mind if I do, thanks Joe.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Yes Have a few on me.. Enjoy them.. You pensioners are the rich ones on this planet :emoticon-0102-bigsm ... I'm not self employed Plym... I am employed by the limited company so don't get a very good wage :emoticon-0141-whew:

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Great start to the afternoon. Argyle kick off a half hour late and Bristol are already one up after 10 minutes. Give me a large stiff one barmaid. Oh and cancel the nuts.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Cancel the crisps as well they're two up now. A bigger glass please...

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Both win....but Rovers pull one more goal ahead of us.

13. lyndhurstgreen

Don't care about the others, mines a large red wine btw. Monday sees us as the only one of the leaders at home so it should mean we will have a chance to make up ground on some of them....though given our home form of late, am not so sure I wouldn't rather be away. Got a feeling this might go all the way to the end of the season.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't care about the others much either lyndhurst. All we need is one more point than the rest of them and it's job done. I love the first post on here today from plym. Let's celebrate he says and then on the match day thread is ready to take a bucket of pills because we didn't win big enough. Give him another drink but I'll have half of it in my glass so he can start out with a half empty one.<cheers>

15. Greenarmyjoe

Halves all round.. :emoticon-0167-beer: We will be ok and going up.. i think the others will get a bit nervous and start to lose a few as we have had that and a bad spell.. now its on the up. I see Botang only played 20 minutes? is he not fully fit?

16. lyndhurstgreen

Yes, he did make me laugh, still think another 13/14 points would see us promoted, York plus the last three are all winnable which means that anything gained in the games against wimbledon, Portsmouth, Orient and Exeter would be a bonus and I reckon we we win at least one of these.

17. lyndhurstgreen

No he is fully fit. Played 60 mins on Tuesday and Palace asked us not to start him......we didn't need him anyway!

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I really think him just being here is a big plus for the team.

I have read so many threads on so many different boards about where teams points are going to come from and I am definately not going down that track myself. Supporters always do this. They know exactly how many points they are going to get and where they will come from. They even know that if the odd mistake is thrown up they will be at Wembley and who they will be playing in the final. All I can say is look at the prediction leagues on these boards and then tell me the cores again. There will be more than one eyebrow raised before the seasons over at results I will guarantee.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Not great weather for the match tomorrow..Hopefully it will improve.. There may be a few games off

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Only a force 10 Joe. Just a small breeze to some of us......Have a drink and forget the journey home.