1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

*** The pilgrimage Bar***

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

I thought I'd pop in and see you greeny a nice west country cider would go down well.was planning a week in devon this summer but with all the morons not social distancing I've changed my mind I think this is the closest to devon I'm gonna get <cheers><cheers>

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some of us exiles don't get much nearer either.....:rolleyes:.

Stokenchurch yid likes this.
  3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You are very welcome Stokenchurch and you can have whatever you want. AWAYINBC will pay and notdistant will get the next round in. Plymborn never brings his wallet. I never remember to bring my Id to prove I'm old enough to buy one. The barmaid obviously can't tell my age as she is always saying when I grow up she will serve me.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  4. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Oh you are silly..LOL

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The trick is to only visit those places no one else wants to go to. Try a week in Stoke on Trent.

6. Stokenchurch yid

That place is a dump <laugh>

7. Stokenchurch yid

So have you lot had enough of the tourists yet.bloody ridiculous how the government haven't closed the beaches to tourists with this pandemic about

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm touring Cornwall in my mankini tomorrow so that should get rid of a lot of them. If successful then I've got a contract with Devon to follow. If they won't feck off then I'll threaten them I will sit next to them on the beach for the day and talk to their kids. It works on my grandkids.

9. Stokenchurch yid

<laugh>

10. notDistantGreen

I'm Cornish and we have had enough of emmits every year. If you can believe it, I had friends who LIVED in Mevagissey when I was in my teens. Some of them were even in fishing families. There were little shops selling things like bread and meat and groceries. The fisherman started to sing in the Kings Arms at about 9pm, as tradition, not to entertain visitors. Now it's a wasteland of second and holiday homes, fast food outlets and trinket shops.

But this year has made it worse. We've escaped the worst of the pandemic down here but with foreign holidays impossible, it's carnage now.

11. Stokenchurch yid

Its like everywhere mate,I remember going down to devon and Cornwall some 40 odd years back and it was so lovely and not commercialized like like it is now .as I've been shielding for the last 5 months I've been in my bungalow and back garden most of the time and I would have loved a week down in the west country but I wont dare go anywhere at the moment which is a shame but all these morons packing the beaches has definitely put me off,I feel sorry for the locals down there cos I'm sure the virus is gonna spread big time.

12. Stokenchurch yid

Been back loads of times and love it down there but this year is out of the question, just hope they find a cure for covid19 so I can head back down next year

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Too much talking in here....not enough drinking going on.....but I've been an exile since the start of WW2 ??.....my yearly treat doesn't go beyond Bournemouth these days....for quite a few years we've booked in a Premier Inn down there and enjoyed the magnificent 7 miles of perfect sand all the way down to Sandbanks at Poole Harbour.....but come four weeks before our booking....they cancelled the booking.....and all they could offer later on was a room.....no breakfast....that for me was one of the highlights....an eat yourself to death breakfast...that kept you going all day....having seen the scenes regularly on the news of Bournemouth and its beaches...it is probably a good idea that we've stayed away....so we've also spent 5 months in our bungalow and garden....plus my man cave of course.....when I was younger I spent a great deal of time playing darts...still have some of the tea services etc left over from those days when I use to compete in singles and doubles competitions....so started practicing again to pass the time away.....even bought myself some Argyle flights.

14. notDistantGreen

Best time is in the spring. Not so busy!

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Problem then is the waters still rather cold when you walk along the waters edge....<yikes>.

16. AWAY IN BC

Hi Plym
    I’m back in ICU for a few days with Kidney issues.
    Keep me up to date
    Thanks

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear that BC....hope things get sorted out quickly for you.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Need to dust and sweep this place out...ready for the new season....checkout our Covid19 rules ....hand sanotizer and social distancing markers all sorted.

One good thing about the Pilgrimage Bar...we'll never contaminate each other with the virus....if only the rest of the world were as easy.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The staff are a bit touchy already in here. The barmaid told me to keep away from her in the cellar and stop playing with the nuts .

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Don't you just wish...you could have popped in here last night after that 0-4 drubbing....and locked yourself in the cellar with your favourite beverage....the odd packet of crisps and pork scratchings....and if you could of convinced her that you needed a shoulder to cry on....your favourite barmaid.......:emoticon-0175-drunk.

21. AWAY IN BC

Hey Sensible, my Brother is one of the 1800 for Saturday.
    I doubt he will take it, as he has to be in his seat 1.1/2 hrs before kick off.