1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic OLOF's political thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by MIGHTY, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Should there be a second Brexit vote

1. Yes

30.8%
  2. No

58.3%
  3. Dont know

0.8%
  4. Its too late

1.7%
  5. Ell rulz

0.8%
  6. couldnt give a fook

6.7%
  7. Will WJ ever see whats hitting him smack in the face

1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

All this Brexit versus Remain has been choreographed to keep the nation divided, in the same way a couple of years ago they had the Public sector and Private sector at each others throats, divide and rule, while everyone are getting all worked up over trivial things as to whether we will or won't be a few quid better off the real threat are growing and getting a foothold, noncing our kids,abusing our women, driving into crowded streets of shoppers, blowing up buses,music venues and trains, encouraging anti-semitism and homophobia.
    Politicians Left and Right have allowed this to happen and have feathered their nest accordingly, if/when it all implodes they have a bolthole in the sun to run too, us plebs will be left to fight or surrender.
    Brexiteers have ruined the youngs future?.......what future?

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

But didn't most of the students vote remain cos of Corbyn's lies and false promises to them?

How would the students vote now if they knew Corbyn was going to use them for their votes and fail on his promises?

Millwallsteve and Ringo Lion like this.
  3. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you confusing the referendum with the general election. But which lies and false promises did Corbyn make to them in either?

Whitejock likes this.
  4. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Perhaps you might do better thinking instead of assuming that everyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid.

5. LeedsLover

Didn't he promise to get rid of student fees, or whatever name they call it?

And you're right, I was confusing them both, my apologies, but Corbyn still said he wanted to remain in EU if he won the election.

Alf Hooker likes this.
  6. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Yes it was in the manifesto that if elected that they would abolish tuition fees but as they didn't get elected then obviously it's not a policy they can currently carry out. There were no lies or false promises.

And on the 2nd point no at no point in the general election did Corbyn say he wanted to remain in the EU if he was elected.

Whitejock likes this.
  7. LeedsLover

The Brexiteers and remainers debates / arguments are to go on and on, losers against winners, winners against losers and so on, but fact remains, Brexit will happen.

Now Chexit is just around corner, the EU is starting to crumble and come apart.

If and when Chexit happens, which I believe it will as their newly elected leader is dead set against the EU, the other 3 Visegrad countries, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia will follow suit, they are all a close knit alliance making a stand against the EU's migrant / refugee policies, they've defied them, and are standing fast with heels well and truly dug in.

There's talk now that the EU Parliament are broke, which would give good reason to why they are demanding so much money from Britain.

The EU is a dictatorship, it's been badly managed for all the wrong reasons. They make laws and TELL countries they have to follow them, they told countries they cannot make trade deals with countries outside the EU, and so on, they wanted to build an army to stand against Russia, it was destined to crumble.

8. LeedsLover

Yes, but it came out later that Corbyn wasn't going to abolish those fees, and had no intentions of doing so; I believe it was his own party that released those details.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  9. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Whitejock likes this.
  10. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Have a look at what this democratically elected MEP had to say about the EU yesterday Diane James MEP

11. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Why what did the 18 day leader of UKIP have to say about the EU?

12. LeedsLover

Not arguing with you dbc, just replying to what you're saying and going off my memories from past.

Here's a link that mentions both student debt and Tuition fees.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...-general-election_uk_5975a97de4b09e5f6cd0619c

just edited and added this one, some students referring to how they understood what Corbyn said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...ledge-to-wipe-off-student-debts-a3595646.html

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  13. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

It's not what she has to say, it's a 24 page document all the MEP's were given about the future plans for the EU. She is willing to send it to anyone who asks for it, and is trying to get an electronic copy posted for people to read.

Do not see why you need to highlight the "18 day leader of UKIP" because as you say she is a democratically elected MEP. And no, I do not support UKIP in any way.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Just answered the question you asked Ducky,should have specified only answers you like.

FORZA LEEDS and Alf Hooker like this.
  15. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Whilst the new Czech Prime Minister is certainly Eurosceptic in his victory speech he said “We are a democratic movement,” he declared. “I don’t know why anyone says we are not pro-European. We are pro-European. I don’t know why anyone says we want to change the constitution. I don’t understand why anyone portrays us as a threat to democracy.” So it looks as if the first of your dominoes is unlikely to fall anytime soon.

The laws are created, amended or rejected by the democratically elected European parliament.

And individual countries can't make individual trade deals with other countries because we collectively agree trade deals. Can you think of any country at the moment we can't trade with because of the EU?

As for the army, there's only about 6 nations in the EU that aren't in Nato - so I'm not sure how this is an issue? But yes Putin does want to de-stable and destroy the EU as Europe together are able to stand up to Russia - a divided Europe allows him to carry on with trying to recapture the Soviet Union.

16. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

I think you will find that Europe together cannot stand up to Russia, but as NATO we can. It's just a pity that most of the EU countries do not want to pay in their fair share to NATO and are more than willing for the few to subsidise them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. LeedsLover

Not sure the domino will fall dbc, they're talking of calling a referendum.

These are links from youtube, note the dates.

Millwallsteve likes this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

Think dbc just crashed down in flames into the sea,well shot down m8.<laugh>

FORZA LEEDS, Alf Hooker and xbpod like this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

TAXI FOR dbc ? <laugh>

20. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

I'll save her the trouble - it's here
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/resources/library/media/20171023RES86651/20171023RES86651.pdf