1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Here in Oz, they wanted to do a protest but the courts would not allow it.
    The protesters went ahead anyway so the courts granted them a last minute approval to have the march.

One man on the side of the road, causing no harm and being silent, held a sign above his head which stated.....

ALL LIVES MATTER!

He was shouted and abused by mostly Indigenous people as they walked past him.

They ripped the sign from him and the police took him away and detained him.

The man did not try protest the police handling and he walked away with them peacefully.

Can someone tell me who were the racist people here?

l like people from any nationality regardless of colour, race or creed providing they are decent law biding citizens.

l don’t like reverse discrimination and that is exactly what was happening today.

Some people can only see their race as important, others, like myself, see all everyone as equal and we all matter.

l’d also like to know if every protester was fined $1,500 for not abiding by the current Covid19 laws that are still in place OR are there two sets of rules for different people?

Very sad state of affairs at present.

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

i think all covid laws worldwide have been suspended for some protests

Didley Squat likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Tough one as perhaps the guy was a bit dim or misguided rather than there being any malice in it but the “all lives matter” line has become the go-to anti-BLM slogan. Plus it’s ****ing dumb.

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He wouldn't have 'slipped' if he hadn't been shoved. The fact the instigator walked on as the pool of blood could be seen says more than the weasel words of an excuse and the mass resignation shows police brutality is as big a problem as racism in the USA...

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

But true though......

Sooperhoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Technically yes but it’s dumb. People campaigning for BLM aren’t saying other lives don’t matter or that they should be treated better than anyone else. Just the equality that should be a given in 2020.

QPR Oslo and Willhoops like this.
  7. Staines R's

So it is true then

Goldhawk-Road and Sooperhoop like this.
  8. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Something said on another forum I am on has really caught my attention/shaken me
    it says (paraphrasing)

"I am a middle aged hetrosexual white man from Huddersfield. I came from a broken home, my family didn't have much money, I had no advantages, I got through school, took a menial job...I now have had a few partners, I now live in a van, I do recreational drugs, when stopped I have been cautioned, I drink, I get drunk, I go to raves and festivals, I can always get menial work when I need...I live a good life, I live my life as I want to.

My BAME friends, are always pulled over by the police, for being out late or just sitting in their cars. They are convicted of having small personal stashes of weed, and have served jail sentences. They cannot get a job, that I turns up the next day and get easily. They cannot live the life they want, simply because of the colour of the skin."

Take this to other places...people who cannot get jobs, get education they want and so the career they want because of prejudice.
    I was shocked by the videos coming out of America of black parents teaching their kids how to respond to a police officer so as not to be killed.
    I hope our police force is better than that...is it?

That is the white privilege...that we very priviledged white people don't see but take for granted

QPR Oslo and Willhoops like this.
  9. Bwood_Ranger

Yes, but it’s been hijacked or used in a negative way by ****s.

10. Staines R's

Ah ok.....so it’s true. Couldn’t do my job if I thought anything less

11. Staines R's

Sorry Beth but that is a load of old **** (in my opinion of course).

12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's a rather sad cop-out (if you'll pardon the pun). BLM isn't that saying other lives don't matter, it's saying that Black lives are not being considered to be as important as others, and that this must change. All Lives Matter is saying that there's nothing wrong.

13. Staines R's

Errrr....some literally are. Strolls if you want to wear ‘sack cloth and ashes’ purely because of the colour you were born then fair play to you.

I won’t be joining you mate

14. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Why Stainsy

Basically he ( a white male) is saying he has no problem living his own life, the one he pleases to live.
    Where others, due to the colour of their skin cannot.

Willhoops likes this.
  15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Black Lives Matter is a somewhat counter-productive slogan in that it opens the way for that 'All Lives Matter' retort that wilfully misses the point.

I'm going to give up trying to understand your position on this one, Stainesy. If you're unconcerned about George Floyd and all the others before him, that's fair enough, but deriding those that are concerned is uncalled for in my opinion.

Willhoops likes this.
  16. Staines R's

I could point you to any white youth living on the Beavers Estate in Feltham or on the Racecourse Estate in Northolt who could say the complete opposite and say it’s them who are targeted while Asian youth are given a free ride.....and vice versa an Asian youth living would say the same against whites being given an easier ride.
    Don’t you get it Beth ? It’s all meant to divide us, as a working class, ‘cos when we are divided and blame each other for our problems, then the powers that be can control us.
    As I said to Strolls, if you wanna apologise for the who you are then fair enough...but don’t expect me to apologise for my so called ‘white privilege’

bobmid, Steelmonkey and qprbeth like this.
  17. Staines R's

Fair enough Strolls, and likewise with me. I think I answered your point but if you don’t get it then hey ho....I’m sure we’ll both get by

NB Reading that back it sounded rather submissive and I really apologise if it came over that way ‘cos it wasn’t meant like that. I guess we don’t know each others pasts that might help us both give some understanding of the others views. I talked to Brixton a lot about things like this.....I miss him :(

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  18. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Thanks Stainsy, I understand better what you mean now

I do get it. You and I live in a "white" land and I am admit I am VERY privileged; through my ethinicity but also through my education which my parents started and also from what I have done myself, of which I am proud.

I am not going to apologise for my "history" as I have no control over that..I will apologise for my own actions which have occured through deceit, stupidity and through ignorance.
    All I can do is accept everybody as who they are, and measure them by what they say and do ...and by no other measure.
    Thanks for the discussion

BobbyD, bobmid, danishqp and 4 others like this.
  19. Staines R's

Maybe that’s the difference in you and me though Beth.......I don’t live in a ‘white’ land, certainly not privileged and definitely not that well educated.
    I work among some of the poorest, underprivileged people in London, white, Asian and black.........and good or bad.....I HAVE to treat them the same.

20. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Actually Stainsy, you do live in a "white" land....look at the people that govern you, look at the history of this country that you live in

But you treat everybody you see the same (at least initially (LOL) , a lot of people don't. So good on you

Go up to the midlands...the BNP heartlands and you will find that it is amongst the least privileged communities is the greatest hatred on all sides.

I was brought up in Wembley, my father was a factory worker on min wage...my mother was disabled, they gave me an education.
    That is my privilege

Willhoops, Ninj and QPR Oslo like this.