1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Laurence Fox is making one too. Imagine crying this country wasn’t right wing enough.

2. Bwood_Ranger

sb_73 likes this.
  3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I assume you meant Switzerland, or was it Swaziland? Anyway, you lost, get over it.

Staines R's likes this.
  4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I lost? eer I think my party won. It was you who believed Labour could win with Corbyn. <laugh> so you get over it.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

6. Bwood_Ranger

Europe is falling apart. Brexit has shown them all the way.

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You need to take off your EU tinted specs mate. The Eurozone is having a mare. Italy will be the next lot to have a referendum and the fact that the Swiss are having votes like this, tells me it's not a happy ship. You continue believing the EU is some super caring establishment, while I will watch them tear themselves apart.

Oh yes, I also forgot the Swiss rejected membership of the EU. So actually they have shown us the way

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Switzerland have a lot of votes. This one was years in the making.

I’m aware the Eurozone isn’t doing brilliantly. Like every other time you mention it, have you seen how we’re doing in comparison? The point is that Brexit if anything is the catalyst for a more united mainland Europe as every country can see what a balls-up we’ve made of it.

9. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

(Laughing Emoji)

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Isn't doing Brilliantly! <laugh> Mate just search Eurozone and News. We are in a bad state yet it's still 1.10 Euro to £1
    We haven't actually fully left yet so how can you say it's a balls-up? Maybe in your mind, I think? Give it 5 years and see. We will do alright thank you very much.

11. Bwood_Ranger

You could be right. It would just go against the government’s own forecasts and just about every bit of logical economic theory possible. But you could be right.

Since when was 1.10 good by the way?

12. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Old Mop Head could dig up the bones of some peoples long dead relatives and use them in some weird sexual ceremony and they would still think he’s cuddly

bobmid and BobbyD like this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's not but even with all the crap we have gone through with all the uncertainty we have still managed to bounce back. I watch the currency every day Euro/£ and we were told if we voted to leave it would be 1 for 1. That hasn't happened. The pound is resilient and will go up once we break the chains. If we get the free trade deal, watch it rise, mate.

14. Bwood_Ranger

A free trade deal still isn’t what we have now. Lots of hopeful, meaningless rhetoric in there.

Find it a bit bizarre you’d celebrate the currency being marginally stronger than the weakest it’s ever been and far weaker than it was a few years ago to be honest.

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

What and you blame it all on Brexit? The £/Euro was going down long before that. I got 1.47- to the £ once and the all-time average is 1.33 to the £. We have taken a few hits but always bounced back. We were told Brexit would destroy the rate v the Euro and it hasn't. Soon as we leave it will start to rise again.

16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I thought border checks were bad

Police to operate cross-border checks from today in bid to halt Covid-19
    Police on both sides of the Irish border will be operating “rolling cross-border checkpoints” from today in an effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19, Irish police have said.
    By Mark Rainey
    Saturday, 26th September 2020, 8:45 am
    Updated Saturday, 26th September 2020, 7:43 pm

The main focus of the Garda Siochana (AGS) Operation Fanacht will be in Donegal where officers from Leitrim, Sligo and other counties have been drafted in to check “compliance with public health regulations”.

Any motorists stopped after entering Donegal from Tyrone, Londonderry and Fermanagh can expect to be encouraged not to travel out of or into Donegal “unless absolutely necessary”.

The warning came as the chief medical officers of both Northern Ireland and the Republic called on everyone to limit cross-border travel in response to the soaring infection rates in Donegal and in the Derry City and Strabane Council area.

Co Donegal has been placed under a three-week period of tightened restrictions, while Londonderry and the surrounding area is recording the highest Covid-19 infection figures anywhere in Northern Ireland.

Teenagers and people aged in their twenties and thirties in particular have been asked to
    reduce their social contacts as a record number of people in Northern Ireland tested positive yesterday (273) under the current testing system.

First Minister Arlene Foster has appealed for people to “use their common sense” and not to visit Donegal.

“I would advise them not to go because I don’t think that that is essential travel, and it’s certainly not an exempted part,” she said.

“What we’re trying to do at the moment is to break the transmission of the virus and the way to do that is to follow the regulations and to follow the advice and I think people should listen very carefully to the advice that’s been given to citizens in Donegal but also to what we’re saying here in Northern Ireland.”

Deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill described the rising infection rate in Donegal as “alarming”. She said: “I think it shows that the virus is still with us. It shows that the virus spreads at an alarming rate. What we need now is a
    very strong response and I welcome the fact that, you know, measures have been put in place immediately.”

In a statement, an AGS spokeswoman said: “Operation Fanacht will see a high level of visibility of members of An Garda Síochána in Donegal to support the public health guidelines, particularly in relation to social distancing and gathering in large groups at amenities and open spaces.

“Targeted Garda checkpoints will be established throughout the county. An Garda Síochána wants to remind everyone that people are being encouraged not to travel out of or into the county of Donegal unless absolutely necessary.”
    The PSNI said: “We will work with the NI Executive, local health authorities and our partners in AGS as we endeavour to counter the impact of Covid-19. We will continue to encourage the Northern Ireland public to adhere to the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) Regulations”.

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Steve Baker is absolutely right. I never thought I would find myself saying that.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image