1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The post 2022 world cup winter window

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by StJabbo1, Nov 15, 2022.

1. St.Jerome

St.Jerome Active Member

Piri Weepu likes this.
  2. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

3. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

Though reports out of AZ are saying that they have no intention to sell this winter, and a €20 million fee is set for this summer.

4. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would expect Wolves and Villa to be spending money (albeit Villa doing so is much less of an issue for us). I struggle to see them both recruiting their new high profile managers without the promise of a decent transfer kitty.

Leeds are probably the closest aligned to us. Desperate (and willing) to recruit a new face or two, but limited by the attractiveness of other sides.

My guess is that Everton and West Ham would prefer to be fairly quiet. But a few more defeats might reluctantly change their minds. Palace and Brentford I could both see ignoring January altogether.

God knows what Bmouth and Forest will do though. I don't know where Bmouth's recent takeover has left them financial wise (not every takeover results in increased spending - just look at Burnley). And if Forest sign any more players, they'll soon have so many that they'd need to start de-registering players who they only signed six months ago.

5. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

It will be interesting, right now I’d say all of the bottom half need reinforcements. Who will go down should be a lot clearer by the end of Jan. As it stands Everton and Bournemouth are the only 2 I would have any confidence in predicting will go down

6. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

If we do go for Ryan I hope he's not a useless Kent. <laugh>

7. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Or he could turn out to be Clark Kent

Saints_Alive and SaintMarv like this.
  8. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Karlsson and Abada would both be very good additions. If those links aren't nonsense (and they might well be), interesting that we're being linked with wingers given the formation we played for the first 50-odd minutes against Lincoln. Perhaps we shouldn't expect it to remain in place.

9. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

That would be super man.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

11. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Meh. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

If there aren't 20 clubs after Karlsson I'll be amazed.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Tete is available for a permanent move in January. You’d think we’d throw our hat in the ring there. My main worry being that virtually any other PL club is more attractive at the moment.

13. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

With the transfer window getting closer, do we need to don our tin hats for a renewed bid for Lavia, from Chelsea?
    Would it be worth accepting an offer if we used the money to get some decent firepower up front, and maybe a Romeu type of player at the cheaper end of the market?
    Hoping for an interesting and speedy approach for players but suspect we will get the usual long drawn out slog, whilst the player we are trying to sign has his agent phoning around for better options.

14. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

I’d like to keep Lavia for at least one season, and he could genuinely make a difference.

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) likes this.
  15. Libby

Libby 9-0

Have to be crazy money to sell Lavia in January and I can't see that amount being offered. Think it's quite likely he goes in the summer though even if we stay up.

16. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I can see Lavia's head being turned, though.....

17. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Jones realises it is pointless even trying to play wingers if you don’t have any with pace

Lack of pace up front ultimately didn’t work for England against an equally matched side and that was with Foden, Kane and Saka as the options. So it probably isn’t going to work for us

18. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

It would only be natural as a youngster; let’s hope he’s got his head screwed on and some good advice around him. The thing that worries me more is Chelsea’s approach under Boelhy; they’re hoovering up young talent at a faster rate than City or even Chelsea back in the Ranieri era and their aggressive money is no limit approach will have negative effects all round.
    For years, they’ve had a bloated squad, huge amount of young players on endless loans going nowhere with many players no idea of their career pathway and that environment is cruel for so many. This new approach will do nothing to help them and for a certain time will make it worse. (Obviously, we all know how much the EPL care-long as the moneys coming in, they couldn’t care less)

I worry that if they do bid, it will be incredibly aggressive and get ugly behind the scenes.

19. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

He came to us because he would get a chance to play in the first team.
    He left City without playing for them, and I can’t see Chelsea putting him in the starting 11……….so for now he will stay.
    In the summer? Who knows?

20. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

Chelsea’s approach is strange and alarming for clubs the size of us. They are hoovering up players who would start for us - and for fees we would pay

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were in for young American goalkeeper they signed and loaned back.

And they just signed Datro Fofana (suggesting their recruitment team play loads of football manager) for €12m. He’d play every game for most sides in the league. He will be no way near their first team

Saintharry13 likes this.