1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Push-bike Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Red Hadron Collider, May 26, 2020.

1. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

You mean you get off and walk? :bandit:

lfcpower likes this.
  2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You cut some off the quote...

lfcpower likes this.
  3. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

He doth protest too much :emoticon-0114-dull:

4. lfcpower

I think every hill I go up there's part of my mind saying either get off and push or just turn around and go downhill. It's about shutting that off and trying to block out the hurt ...

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not too fussed about going really slow but my mind flat out refuses to stop pedalling.

I think my problem is overconfidence; I go for it every time and hit burn out before reaching the top <laugh>

6. lfcpower

Same, I just want to get up there. I'm really not bothered about being that quick, I just want to improve and ride for myself. Now, if you knew your threshold power you'd be able to properly pace yourself and not burn your matches early <laugh>

Zanjinho likes this.
  7. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Even had a fella whizz past me on an electric bike giving it the 'alright mate' with a smug grin but how smug was I , after a mile and half I passed him.His eleccy assist must have run out.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

organic red and lfcpower like this.
  8. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

E-bikes is cheating :eek:

lfcpower likes this.
  9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The other week, I was catching a lady (about 60) quite quickly. Just before I was at the point of needing to overtake, I stopped briefly to check my phone (was waiting for a text). When I set off again she was a well ahead, approaching the top of a hill and making it look really easy (it wasn't!) By the time I got to the top she had completely gone. This irritated the **** out if me for a while until it dawned in me, electric bike! <laugh>

lfcpower likes this.
  10. lfcpower

Same ride as last night tonight. Set 6 PRs including one on the difficult hill ... thought I was feeling good so pleased the feeling translated into tangible output. I got out of the saddle to climb so I think that helped, and I was trying to stay in the drops more as I find I've got a mental thing where I ease off if I'm on the hoods or bar.

I went past one lad with some nice kit on the way out but he was only light spinning so nothing to brag about :emoticon-0138-think although maybe he was at max effort. We exchanged pleasantries anyway. He had good socks on.

On the way in, towards the end, I had to stop at some traffic lights at a roundabout, and as I was setting off a lad on a serious looking bike and again clad in all Italian lycra who didn't have to stop sailed past me, he put a sort of apologetic hand out that was either 'sorry mate I know it's a standing start for you, I'm at speed ... this one doesn't count', or it was the dismissive but sympathetic hand of a much better rider with much better gear. I suspect I must have managed to keep him behind me up until those lights. Never got a chance to see if I could hold his wheel as he turned off down a different road right after the lights.

11. lfcpower

Strava had to take action against these as people were abusing them to set KOMs all over the place <laugh>

12. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

I never get out of the saddle for hills.

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

How can they tell?

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I don't tend to get up anyway

15. lfcpower

Lost my motivation to do much of anything recently. Last year I got engaged and around two months ago things came to something of a head around a certain issue and I walked off and wouldn't speak to her about things that were going on, I ignored her for two months even though she spent quite a while contacting me a lot, I mean a lot, trying to get me to talk to her. I think I was using the walking and stuff to just numb myself to what was happening in my life and shut it all out. Now I feel like total ****. I know what I did was stupid and wrong, even though it felt like the only right thing at the time. I spoke to her the other night to apologise and try to set it right, and was surprised she even picked up the phone. She just said she needs time to think about what's best for her at this stage because she's had time to think about the relationship. I guess I ruined that. Dunno why I'm even posting this ...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  16. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

This isn't the same girl from about 18 months ago is it? I remember you having relationship problems around New Year and your ex had sent you a text and you couldn't decide whether to text her back or move on.

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Sorry to hear about this. It sounds a difficult situation, but without knowing specifics, it's hard to know what to suggest. Have you got a good mate or a close family member you can talk to about it. I imagine most of us have been there at some stage in our lives and it can be very painful indeed. You're welcome to PM me <ok>

lfcpower likes this.
  18. lfcpower

Cheers mate. I can speak to family about stuff thankfully, which I have done <ok> It all just hit me on Friday for some reason after a long time of nothing

19. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

better here than the PL board ......<whistle>

To be frank if you gave her the silent treatment for 2 months i'm not sure if you 2 have long term future .
    I'm sorry if that sounds brutal but it is an honest opinion .

lfcpower likes this.
  20. lfcpower

That's right. But no. It's a new relationship which started about five months later. I didn't speak to that previous one again and moved on which was completely the right thing. This one has been very different