1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The run-in

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Mcginlay's Car Keys, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Mcginlay's Car Keys

Just looked at Town's remaining fixtures. On paper it looks straight forward, however when have we known Town to make things straight forward. Chesterfield are up, who joins them? Looking at the league, it is tight as a duck's with anyone of 6 or 7 who could steal an auto. I don't fancy the play offs as we haven't gained many points against the top teams, so without being greedy, I'll take auto promotion thanks.

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

wycombe have some tough games ahead,we should beat stockport at home on saturday but i dont take nothing for granted,then we have hereford away and our local derby away to poxford united so anything could happen in that one,we also have torquay away and bury away out of the top teams:emoticon-0114-dull:

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Matty Harrold will be tweeting Jake Robinson to knock a few goals in against his old team!!

4. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i forsee a harry houdini act from stockport. i spy jelly on the plate as well. mind you we entertain houdini's act on the 16th. i do not fancy the wobblers run in at all

5. Matster

Forum Moderator

No one has an easy run-in and any team that thinks they have will get wooped by the teams they play.

6. Rocky blue army

to be honest sometimes its easier to play the teams at the top rather than those at the bottom scrapping for survival,as i said its going down to the final day of the season

7. radshrew

radshrew New Member

agree with you there rocky, there are precious few teams in div2 with nothing to play for at the mo - we say it every year, but I think this year is even worse than ever for unpredictability. I'm nervous about macc at the weekend, but I think of all the banana skins out there, Stockport may yet prove the biggest for a number of teams. Great fan base still behind them, new found confidence and absolutely nothing to lose.

8. Rocky blue army

totally agree mate no one can predict whats going to happen and there will still be shock results between now and the end of the season ,i just hope wycombe are not on the end of any of them

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

Shrewsbury have suffered with that for years! This season has been slightly different as we haven't been great at beating some of the top teams, just drawing with them.

10. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Hi guys!(from the sinking ship of 606) we can and should (!) win all our remaining games although knowing town..
    Stockport could be down within a few games so until then they will be a cornered animal with ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose :emoticon-0107-sweat

11. Matster

Forum Moderator

Hi TrewShew, welcome to the board.

12. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Knill having gone should make a difference to Bury. Torquay have points to be deducted. Wycombe will lose to Hereford next week. Gillingham draw too many. Port Vale and Rotherham deserve no success for sacking managers when in reasonable positions (plus Port Vale have Pope who taught Tom Daley everything he knew about diving). Accrington, Stevenage and Oxford are already beginning to suffer from vertigo.

Chesterfield are a shoe-in. This leaves Shrewsbury, who are so good that I can confidently predict will obtain 22 points from their remaining 7 games.

Sorted.

13. Matster

Forum Moderator

Will we get a free point for the Wycombe game?

I might be mistaken but I don't think Torquay lose any points as they didnt win the game. Hereford will lose theirs though. Is that fair? Has there been s judgement on it yet?

14. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i still think county have a suprise for the wobblers behind their shinpads

15. Rocky blue army

atcham,why are you so anti wycombe

16. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

:smile: Yeah hi guys

*KDS not that i'm pedantic but Vale had adams torn from their grasp by the blades, unfortunately it has been a failure for all parties <laugh> vale blow a stellar position in LG2, blades still stumbling towards league 1 and the famous steel city derby.. :p
    And i though knill hadn't budged.. yet ?

How do i put the message thing underneath?

17. Matster

Forum Moderator

Trew - go to 'settings' in top right corner, on the lhs menu is the 'My Settings' section including profile picture, avatar picture (one seen on threads) and the signature is beneath them.

18. Matster

Forum Moderator

I think there was so wayward banter last season? Atcham is of course the best one to tell you. I'd just take it as friendly banter as he's a lovely fellow.

19. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Knill moved to Scunny today with his backroom staff.I was referring to Gannon being sacked. I think Micky Adams was already on a losing streak with Vale before he moved. Torquay are already on a warning over poor admin and, even though they did not win the game in question, other offences should (will) be taken into consideration.

20. Mcginlay's Car Keys

Torquay regardless of losing 'said' game will still lose points as they broke rules.
    Simmo for Bury manager anyone? How long before he falls out with the tealady?