1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Run In

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Here are our remaining matches. On current form, we would certainly be relegated. The more winnable games (heavily loaded with a large dose of realism that there are no easy games in most leagues and perhaps least of all in this one) are Rotherham, Blackpool and Wigan, all away,and Birmingham at home. Maybe Stoke away too. I hope we can win two of those five.

As to the rest, I'm hoping for a shock result against one of the better teams, maybe Norwich at home, whom we held to a nil draw at their place, and perhaps a couple of draws elsewhere.

I'm well aware that would be a dramatic change of form going into the last twelve games but that's the task that faces Ainsworth and his team.

We are definitely looking for others to perform more badly than us unless we can get those wins and become masters of our own destiny.

I'm hoping 49 points will be enough, perhaps even less.

Come on You Rsss (tinged with considerable apprehension!)

Rotherham A
    Watford H
    Blackpool A
    Birmingham H
    Wigan A
    Preston H
    WBA A
    Coventry H
    Norwich H
    Burnley A
    Stoke A
    Bristol City H

2. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Trouble is RTID, nobody is in worse form than us. We are the only team without any win in our last six games. We aren’t even managing to scrape those odd draws anymore.
    Surely the law of averages says that has to change sometime soon. GA has to get the mindset changed and confidence rising pretty quick - a tough challenge but he certainly seems up for it and talking a good challenge.
    We have to bag some helpful points by the Wigan game, which will hopefully increase our confidence a bit more and take us more positively into those last seven games.
    Definitely a time for digging deep (and keeping your fingers crossed too - every little helps)

3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Possible promotion candidates with Wild Thing in charge

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

What I did not mention of course is the injuries. Chair hobbling off may just be the killer blow.

We've been here before..We need the spirit if the 6 nil v Palace!

SingRs, daverangers and kiwiqpr like this.
  5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’ll take a promotion from League One, more fun than this constant ‘oh we’ve got a chance of a play off spot…..oh no we haven’t won for ten games’ stuff we seem to do every season in the Championship.

Wherever we finish this season I suspect Gareth will try and offload quite a few and get some lower league journeymen players in who he can depend on to put a shift in.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Apart from Burnley that's not the worst run in.
    I reckon the next 6 games may well decide our fate.

Rangers Til I Die and jeffranger like this.
  7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

By the time we play Burnley they'll be champions, so may be a bit.of an easier prospect than if they were pushing hard for the title.

Stoke and Bristol City seasons may well be over by then, mid table mediocrity beckoning (what a dream that would be for us!) So they may be on the beach already too - wishful thinking I know, but we've seen QPR phone it in from a sunbed at the tail end of a season before.

As you say, next six games may well define the season...two wins and two draws may be enough to get over the line.

QPR Dreamer, WBA2_QPR3 and rangercol like this.
  8. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

He’s gotta sit down & talk to those defenders as they’ve been shocking of late, Dickie having a nightmare season so far

Rodney and rangercol like this.
  9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Dickie really does struggle in a back 4. He seems more comfortable the right side of 3 central defenders

10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Some much 'bigger' clubs than us have spent a long time in League One or worse, I don't fancy slumming it in the bottom half of that league...

rangercol likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Alright Eeyore, it hasn’t happened yet, worse things happen at sea.

At least ‘slumming it’ in League One is cheaper than the same in the Championship.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Steelmonkey likes this.
  12. stick

stick Bumper King

I think we will lose the next three so Birmingham at home could be huge. They are almost as bad as us at the moment.
    We were 40/1 to be relegated a few weeks ago, now we are down to 10/1. We should stay up but that price actually looks pretty generous for a team on its knees. The Ainsworth new manager bounce produced yet another home defeat. It is going to be a painful run in.

13. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

And Kiwomya up top !

14. Rangers Til I Die

[QUOTE="stick, post: 16538134, member: 1016465"]I think we will lose the next three so Birmingham at home could be huge. They are almost as bad as us at the moment.
    We were 40/1 to be relegated a few weeks ago, now we are down to 10/1. We should stay up but that price actually looks pretty generous for a team on its knees. The Ainsworth new manager bounce produced yet another home defeat. It is going to be a painful run in.[/QUOTE]

Crikey, I hope not. At least one draw if not even one win.

15. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Over 1,000 tickets already sold for Rotherham, this was a guaranteed loss for us, under GA though really confident of a scrappy win

16. Rangers Til I Die

Huge respect to those 1000. Might have to get myself into gear for an away game. COYRsss.

17. Hammersmith bookie

Rotherham came from behind to get a draw at Swansea tonight, and were the better team 2nd half. Ogbene is one of those that always scores against us , and you just know that Hugill will score a 30 yard volley into the top corner ! Gonna be an ugly game and we need to be uglier than them ! I want to see some desire and the defence throwing their bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet. I'd take a draw right now

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    qprbeth, Taffvalerowdy and rangercol like this.
  18. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Read RTID's post and immediately replayed the commentator screaming 'Kiwomya!!!' in my head. What a day that was.

With regards to our current situation, Birmingham and Rotherham need to win at least one to overtake us, Cardiff need to win at least two to overtake us, and Huddersfield, Blackpool and Wigan all need to win three to overtake us...and that is assuming we get zero points for the rest of the season. Got to remember, those teams are below us because they haven't performed well during the season so far. Of course one or two are likely to have a good run and pick up some points, three if we are unlucky...but I can't see enough teams making up enough points to send us down.

That said, the fact it is even being discussed as a possibility, which it clearly is, is really poor. The challenge for Ainsworth is in getting the team fired up enough to avoid the drop, whilst also not making it obvious which players he'll be looking to move on asap.

SW Ranger likes this.
  19. Hammersmith bookie

The leading factor is that those teams have to play each other , so some ****er can't fail to get some points ! ThinkWigan are playing Birmingham this weekend so hopefully a draw or a Birmingham win to keep Wigan rooted to the bottom. We need to get something at Rotherham badly.

daverangers likes this.
  20. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I can't see where the next point is coming from. We couldn't even beat the bottom teams at home. We're relegation material and we ain't coming back no time soon.
    Shots on target for the last eleven games,1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. We can't beat even Huddersfield or Rotherham at home ... prepare for the worst.
    Even if we go down, there are at least six clubs above or better than us in this league . We're in a worse situation than 2004. In my humble opinion.

Rodney likes this.