1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Russian Grand Prix chat & predicitons

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Big Ern, Sep 24, 2019.

?

Who will Putin the winning performance (there was room for one more after all)

Poll closed Sep 28, 2019.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

41.7%
  2. Valtieri Bottas

8.3%
  3. Max Verstappen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Charles Le Clerc

33.3%
  5. Sebastian Vettel

16.7%
  6. Alexander Albon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A N other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Quite clear Vettel isnt a team player. Wouldn't be too bad if he was any good flying solo.

I really cant see things turning for him and will be out the Ferrari door one way or another

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I don’t know. I don’t think what he did today was *that* bad, and on the day he was actually a bit quicker than Charles (and I say that as a Charles fan through and through).

I think that was clouded a bit by the fact the Ferrari, much like last year’s Merc, isn’t great to follow with using the new upgrades.

Certainly a power struggle at play though, which ultimately Charles will win.

3. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Wow. That’s quite possibly the worst comment I’ve ever seen on this board.

Because of course all attractive men in the world have hair, you utter simpleton.

You’d probably give your limbs to have laid the pipe that Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Kelly Slater and Vin Diesel have laid over the years.

Don’t cloud this forum with your irrational hate. No need for it.

4. TopClass

Defo agree with the Mansell bit- he was mixing it with some of the all time greats and quite rightly would have been a triple WDC but for a puncture here and a contract there.

If anything I always thought Prost was the one who lucked in a little bit out of those three (Senna Prost Mansell)

SgtBhaji likes this.
  5. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Luckiest wdc since I remember are Hilla nd button both had massive car advantages, Hill needed team orders to beat JV in 96. Rosberg was a bit lucky but people forget Monaco that year when he let Hamilton though, if he didn't do that he of won that title more easier.

6. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Sorry I just hate that bloke so much, he always talks rubbish

7. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

So you pretty much dislike any English driver that has won anything?

8. TopClass

I agree with that bit! :)

9. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

It's only cool to like the ones in black and white... And the Scots that we call British.... Unlike Coulthard who's definitely Scottish.

Big Ern likes this.
  10. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Johnny Dumfries was also Scottish, where-as Jim Clark was definitely British.

SgtBhaji likes this.

11. SgtBhaji

Only fair way to do it!

Mr.B and Big Ern like this.
  12. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

I recall Jackie Stewart also being a fine example of successful British racing driver.

Compare that to the form of Scottish racing drivers, say Paul di Resta for example, and its clear that British drivers are the best.

Big Ern and SgtBhaji like this.
  13. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Usually I go to a sports bar to watch with a friend, or do the catch up on Channel 4, so can't join in on your online banter. Enjoy reading the banter after though.

14. Justjazz

I missed the big grin of Putin pinching the limelight at the race this weekend! Was he nursing a sore rear following an ice hockey moment or is he sulking?

15. Justjazz

Seb is not a team player, not in his make up, Multi 21 and this prove it. Charles has things to learn but is the future of Ferrari, a good deal cheaper too. Lewis seems to have sympathy with Vettel, in an interview saying that Ssb had put a lot into the development of this car over the years and Charles was lucking in on those development years that are Seb's doing. I am doubting this, Ferrari have finally got a winning car, how long has Seb been there? Which driver input drove the changes mid season this year, Seb never achieved successful aero changes in the proceeding years, could it just possibly be driven by some input from Charles? It is a question not a statement. If some of this package has been a consequence of Charles feedback it might explain a little bit why Ferrari maybe favouring Charles. I can see that is difficult for Seb to accept.

16. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Multi 2-1 was a few seasons in the making, Webber constantly tried to inore stating his opinion on TV that he would always go for the win, which everyone thought was great. but when Vettel finally decided to follow that advice and ignore one to take then win (which was after he'd compained about Webbers pace and the team had told him all race to bide his time, maintain position and he'd be given the chance later, and then wasn't) to ignore team orders, he cried and whined like a little bitch, and everyone said how ungreat it was. Webber's greatest talent was using the media to twist everything and put pressure on Vettel, the whole of wing-gate was utter bullshit to put Seb under pressure. I remember Brundle talking about the front-wing and Webber and Vettels thoughts on it before it broke. Seeing the way he whined and cried to the media afterwards, like he always did, and knowing their feelings toward the new wing, is what triggered me from not really caring to disliking him immensely, because he was a machiavellian, two-faced hypocrite.
    As to Ferrari, they were absolute dog-**** when he went there, 2 podiums in the previous season. For the last 3 seasons they've been the only credible challenge to Merc, CLC has only just joined so doubtful he had anyhing to do with that. As to the upgrades, well, since they've been on the car I'd say Vettel has had the better race pace.

17. SgtBhaji

Alright... I'm just catching up with the race (busy weekend) and I'm trying to figure what all the fuss is with Vettel. Why the hell would he give up that position? That would be utter madness! He'd drop back to sit in Leclerc's dirty air. What was this agreement? How stupid was it, and why not just work it out as the race progresses?

18. SgtBhaji

After Ferrari left Vettel out to dry... I was thinking that I'd just pull over and walk away if I were him. Convenient breakdown that one

19. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I have reported you for this .

Cancer took my wife’s mum , it took my dad and it’s doing it’s best to take my 7 year old niece.

You can do one .

cosicave, brb, eddie_squidd and 5 others like this.
  20. SgtBhaji

Sorry to hear that. Much love and best wishes to your niece. That's gotta be tough.