1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sevilla Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

And Lo and Behold - we have Berizzo. This is good news and good work by the President.

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Quite like a Gaffer whose mantra is, "Attack! Attack!".

Guess he did okay at Celta Vigo, certainly in cup competitions.Be interesting if he can turn than into league consistency at what is obviously a bigger club. Any word on whether Berizzo's got control over new signings Fulhaman, now that your main man on that has gone?

3. Fulhaman

They haven't moved to replace Monchi so I would assume that he has, but you never can tell out here. Sometimes a president will get a bee in his bonnet about a particular player and, regardless of what the manager wants, goes gung-ho to sign him.

A friend told me you are having quite a nice little spell of weather at the moment in the UK, hope you are making the most of it. It's stupidly hot here at the moment - over a hundred degrees for the last couple of days and forecast to remain so until next Wednesday or Thursday at least . 112 degrees on Friday and Saturday apparently. Not even much respite at night. It's just after 11:00pm here and its still 80 degrees.

4. Fulhaman

I know that Fulham haven't been doing a whole load of business this window so far but we are getting ours done quite early - although I suspect that there will be some more movement yet - anyway, so far:

Banega has joined from Internazionale for €9 million
    Amavi has joined from Villa (no fee mentioned so guessing free)
    Pizarro has joined from Tigres UANL for €6 million
    Muriel has joined from Sampdoria for €20 million

Vitolo has renewed his contract which is good news

Iborra has gone to Leicester for €15 million - watch out for him next year, he should do well.

So we've signed a couple of midfielders, a striker and a left back.

Pizarro is the only one I have never really heard of as he came in from a Mexican side and has never played in Europe before. Should be interesting to see how he adapts.

Cottager58 likes this.
  5. Cottager58

Watched your guys beat the Arsenal in the Emirates Cup this afternoon, Fulhaman. They looked comfortable on the ball and what a goal by the old QPR man.

Quite impressed by your back-up keeper, but that's probably me being paranoid after Button's performance for us yesterday.

Cravingawin likes this.
  6. Fulhaman

N'Zonzi has always been a bit of a star for us. Rico is the GK. Yeah, he's a tidy little player. Still can't see how a team with a 100% record doesn't pick up the trophy. Ridiculous rules.

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Cottager58

Getting Jesus Navas on a free transfer is a bit of a steal but announcing it as a kidnap? Que Sera Sera ....

8. Fulhaman

That is one of the most bizarre things I have seen in a while. What were our media dept. thinking?

9. Fulhaman

Coming over today to go to the Norwich game. Welcome relief to be coming somewhere cool and a bit rainy for a couple of days. 109 degrees here today and not forecast to drop below 100 degrees in the daytime for the next 10 days at least.

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Fulhaman. I hope they give you a repeat of the last time we started the season at home to Norwich.

11. Cottager58

12. Fulhaman

Nope. Family time this trip (apart from yesterday, obviously). If i'd been over just for football tourism reasons then I might have tried to fit it in but Liverpool is a bit far North for me. I get a nose-bleed if I go further up the UK than Leighton Buzzard.

Have to say, whilst I appreciate it isn't that great if you are permanently living in it and are supposed to be having a summer but I found the rain and cloud yesterday was lovely. There really is nothing like a spot of English rain if you've been away from it for a while.

Cottager58 and Captain Morgan like this.
  13. Cottager58

The rain in Instanbul falls kindly on Sevilla. Good start in your Champions League qualifier, Fulhaman.

Fulhaman likes this.
  14. Cottager58

Saved by the post then, Fulhaman. But hey, any result's good enough and onwards to the Champs League proper it is.

15. Fulhaman

Didn't see it as, like most of Spain, we are away at the moment but seems to have been a bit of a nail-biter. Was very surprised to see Fulham lost to Bristol Rovers and yet again failed to score. Could be a much longer, harder season than was expected. Or is Slav losing his touch with them?

16. Cottager58

Decent start to the season Fulhaman. Unbeaten in 3 and sitting 3rd after yesterday's 3-0 win over Eibar. Singing Nolita's praises I hear.

How did our nearly man Sergi Enrich do for them?

17. Fulhaman

He wasn't at the races to be honest. Didn't do much apart from in the 88th minute when he got into a decent position but got slightly ahead of play and was offside when he got the ball. Nolito was outstanding, by the way.

See Liverpool got thumped on Saturday. Looking forward to playing them.

18. Cottager58

In fine voice today Fulhaman and into second spot after the 2-0 win over Malaga.

Not sure that 14 Sevilla offsides were too clever though. How did 'Rolan Rat' get on for them?

19. Fulhaman

He was useless. 1 shot all match. He has scored twice. 2 goals in their 3-3 draw last week with Bilbao. Apart from that he has been anonymous for them.

Cottager58 likes this.
  20. Fulhaman

The club are kicking up a bit of a fuss about this. To be honest it's probably not something you'll have to worry about in Fulham in October, mind, but it is a real problem out here - generally people don't take enough water or wear a hat of some kind.

Sevilla FC will appeal to the Spanish Football League to modify the criteria necessary to alter match schedules should weather forecasts predict high temperatures. La Liga, until now, will consider the possibility of a change in schedule (determined by television operators) if forecasts predict temperatures above 35 degrees.

The club has already complained to La Liga on two occasions this season over scheduling - specifically over the Eibar and Málaga CF fixtures. The next formal step will be taken on the 5th of October in the Assembly of La Liga Clubs, where Sevilla FC Chairman, José Castro, will formally request an alteration of the regulations and ask for more flexibility in the changing of schedules in future should circumstances dictate their alteration and a request be made with due notice.

On Saturday - as was the case against Eibar - weather forecasts predicted temperatures of 32-33 degrees during the match. It is the club's understanding that such forecasts predict temperature in the shade rather than in the sun, and also fail to take into account that the stadium's stands are made of concrete.

The relentless heat was at the forefront of proceedings at the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán, as was predicted, with the main victims being the Sevilla support, Málaga fans, and the professionals on the field. There were as many as 21 cases requiring the need of the emergency medical services on account of the heat, despite the fact that many fans waited until the last possible minute to take their seats. Many were even put off attending the game at all, already fearful of the extreme weather conditions.