1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, May 20, 2022.

1. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Yep I think we are 3 players at least short Keeper,LB,Striker all needed asap as they need to bed in also.

foolee likes this.
  2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Rumours are we have offered a 1 year deal to Ben Foster.

foolee likes this.
  3. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Yeah but from what I understand we've been sniffing around him for ages. This must mean Coco is on his way out

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. Mr Wolves-White

According to reports in Portugal we have made enquiries about Mathieus Nunes from Sporting Lisbon. Sporting's asking price is £42 million

5. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

What we need and as a free agent I’m not sure why this wasn’t done earlier. Good 2nd choice and at least we’d have confidence bringing him in if Meslier was in poor form or injured. Good for cups too. Hope this, the LB and a striker are all signed on the dotted line by next Saturday and we’re ready to go.

NostradEmus likes this.
  6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I'd imagine Marsch sees Firpo, Hjelde and Struijk ahead of Davies, £1.2m and a wagecsaved from someone we're most likely not going to use, who could walk for nothing in 12 months is good business in my book.

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Greetings all i am now back in wakeyville. So next outing is to sundays friendly. Bit of a daft kick off time there must be money involved via Lutv.

8. Mr Wolves-White

According to Twitter we're after Pepe at Arsenal

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The Pepe thing has been a think for 3 weeks and not going away. £72m paid for him and now available for £25m max.

Before we all start kicking off about it heres some facts. Bielsa spent almost a season watching everything Pepe had been doing over a couple of seasons and watched videos of every game. He then bought him for £7m and told him he wasnt a winger he was a natural striker and Bielsa coached him into the 9 role. Pepe went out and scored shyt loads of goals for Bielsa and the manager who took over from Bielsa at OL. Arsenal bought him and used him as a winger?

10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't know what the fuss is. I see Hjelde being the starter & it'll be up to Firpo to try to get his place back. Struijk is a fair backup, but only a backup imo, & yet he's better there than Davies - a lad I (rightly) championed in the u23s. He has not advanced since the last time I saw him play in the u23s - which was pre-covid!

There's also the possibility that Drameh could play on the left, as he did in the u23s, however, I remember back when we used Ayling as a LB stand-in, & it was the worst performances I've ever seen from him, so it's not a given that all players can switch sides of the park.

Doc and Irishshako like this.

11. Mr Wolves-White

Daily Mail seem to think we're after both Adams at Southampton and the lad from Atlas.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wish the Che Adams rumour would go away, I just don't see what he would offer us, he's like Tyler Roberts Ver2.0

Infidel, Gessa, Doc and 3 others like this.
  13. Mr Wolves-White

I feel exactly the same as you. The thing is there's a lot of talent out there if you're willing to look. It feels like if this rumour is true then it's another Orta hit being replayed

ristac likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Why would Leeds want Southampton's third choice striker when we aspire to be a bigger and better club finishing higher than them?

Irishshako and 2 pennth like this.
  15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm not saying that we are after Che Adams but it might be that we play a system that requires a Che Adams type player whereas Southampton want a 6ft 5" type up top.

Just because a player isn't first choice for a club doesn't mean that he is useless for everyone. I actually like Che Adams. I remember him running rings around Jansson and Cooper home and away a few seasons ago. He was playing up front on his own and he was different class as he went on to score 22 goals in a struggling Birmingham side. Southampton do not play to his strengths and he doesn't thrive there.

I think at Leeds he would be used as the focal point of attack (just like Bamford) which gives him more opportunities to showcase his footwork, pace and strength.

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Yeah your right but I was rather hoping for a Gakpo or Kalimuendo not a known cheaper version :emoticon-0148-yes:

NostradEmus likes this.
  17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Starting to think the club are putting out these James / Harrison rumours, fans saying , no, we need more not less, then we sign no one and they say, we fended off offers for those players, as though it's some kind of victory.

Was told Newcastle were after CDK before us and were told categorically that he didn't want to play in England, so dropped it straight away, if true, why the **** was he our only target.

18. Mr Wolves-White

I get this feeling at this point in a transfer window but I think we're quietly going about trying to get players in.

19. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Or wanting to know where raphinha money is.