1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Summer Clearout

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ThaiCanary, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Following the embarrassment that was a pitiful home defeat to poor Sunderland team I was contemplating who should leave in the summer and concluded it was easier and quicker to compile a list of who we should keep.

Keep

Ruddy
    Rudd
    Klose
    Brady
    O Neil
    Wes
    Redmond
    Bennett

The rest can **** right off......nice to get that off my chest :emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. canarian

canarian Active Member

The only problem is, with the likelihood of going down, Klose, Redmond and Brady will be gone.

3. ThaiCanary

Sadly yes, I have to agree

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Olsson if we can on recent form. Mbokani is a useful option but wouldn't want him as the main striker (and I think he won't stay anyway).

Assume you just forgot Howson.

5. ThaiCanary

Just going to have a word with myself - he should have been the first one on the list :emoticon-0111-blush

Canary Rob likes this.
  6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

The manager should be the first to go, actually scrub that, the CEO who appointed him <grr>

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Keep:

Rudd
    Klose - Will go to bigger team
    Brady - Bigger team
    O Neil
    Wes
    Redmond - Bigger team
    Bennett

8. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Too many variables really as depends on what league we're in, how much funds we have available and whether your talking about starting 11, bench or squad

Assuming premier league and starting 11 / bench then I think the only players I would keep are

Starting 11 - Klose / Howson / Brady

Starting 11 / Bench - Ruddy / O'Neil / Redmond

Bench - Rudd / Bennett / Pinto

I would make either Klose or Howson captain

Clearly that's not going to happen but my priorities would be CB, Striker, LB, RB, Goalkeeper, DM, 2 Striker and so on.

9. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

We only have a small nucleus of PL quality players: Howson, Brady, Klose. With Redmond (consistency), Bennet (needs someone like Klose to partner with), Rudd (maybe, who knows for sure), and Olsson (consistency) all on the cusp.

10. Swedish Dave

Swedish Dave Active Member

Sad to think Klose has almost certainly played his last game in a Norwich shirt.

11. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

What we need first and foremost is a midfielder like Martin Peters or Ian Crook, i.e. someone who can actually pass the ball to one of his own team.
    Would keep: Ryan Bennett, Declan Rudd, Cameron Jerome, Martin Olson, Jonny Howson. Fill all the other places with the boys out on loan and academy lads.
    We also need an positive attack minded manager, one who can make changes when they need making, NOT in the last 15 minutes when were 2/3 nil down!

JM Fan likes this.
  12. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

We should have a decent team in the championship if we're relegated. I forgot to add Tettey to my list above. Mulumbu may come good there, too. It just hurts to think of missing out on that 100 million or so. As for AN, he'll be around til Christmas at least.

13. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Not sure you´ll, find a more positive, attack-minded manager than the one we have at the minute ILD, especially if, as it looks likely, we go down - they don´t exactly hang on trees. And, today he´d made two of the three substitutions before the 55th minuite, and all three were attacking ones - can´t quite see what more he could have done in this particular case.

14. ilovedelia

15. royalbarclayfan

But ILD, yesterday not scoring goals wouldn´t necessarily have been a problem, if we hadn´t gifted them two ourselves, a 0 - 0 draw would have suited us perfectly. It´s been just as much, too many defensive cock-ups that have cost us this year, as not scoring enough goals. For example, to be able to score 4 against Liverpool and still manage to lose, is not the fault of the strikers.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  16. ilovedelia

Don't disagree, but isn't the game about winning? That means you have to score more goals than the other team. If we had scored when we were in control, (first 20 minutes) then it would have been a completely different outcome.
    I could still be sitting there watching them and they wouldn't have scored!

17. royalbarclayfan

Of course the game is about winning, but in this League you can never expect to be able to outscore any opponent, when your defence is as porous as ours is, the best attacking sides always have strong defences. And yesterday I can´t remember one attacking movement we had, where I would say that we missed a sitter, yes, Manone had a great game, but then again that´s what keepers are there for. Our two best chances came from hopeful, long-range efforts from Olsson and Redmond.

18. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I'd keep (for the Championship)

Ruddy
    Rudd
    Klose (doubt if he will stay)
    Bennett
    Olsson
    Howson
    Tettey
    Redmond
    Jerome
    Brady (doubt if he will stay)

Give the young uns a chance (Toffolo, both Murphys, Maddison) and get some quality replacements in for the dead wood.

carrowcanario and DHCanary like this.
  19. ThaiCanary

I would like to see it as it has been way too long since a young-gun has made a serious breakthrough. We have the likes of Eadie, Bellamy and O Neil coming through at the same time and they were all excellent players, what have we had since?

The Murphey twins and even Loza look to have a great deal to offer and would love to see them get their chance, especially if Loza could be the answer to our striker problems in the longer term.

20. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No Gary O'Neil retained for you, OCF?
    I'd have thought him well suited to life in the, gulp :emoticon-0106-cryin, league below :(