1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Summer Transfer Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2014.

1. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Graham to wolves £1m (the mirror)

2. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Shame it's the mirror. They get nowt right.........

3. C19RK73

Lazio’s Uruguayan midfielder Alvaro Gonzalez is attracting interest from three English Premier League teams as he is set to leave the side as Claudio Lotito wants to reduce the size of the squad.
    The three sides showing an interest in the player are Southampton, Sunderland and West Ham United but no formal offer has been made for the 29-year-old.
    Lotito is seeking to sell Gonzalez for around €5 million and, according to Il Tempo, the player has not been training with the squad since Tuesday and is seemingly next in line to make an exit from the capital side.

4. rokerparks scoreboard

rokerparks scoreboard Active Member

Us and west ham again load of ****e we got joint scouts or summit

5. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

•MAIL ON SUNDAY: Sunderland are hoping to arrange a loan deal for Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates.

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I like Coates.

I watched the u19 World Cup a few years back (think it was u19), Uruguay reached final, might even have won it, can't recall, and Coates looked fantastic.

He's 6ft 6 but he was elegant on the ball and his distribution was superb, when Liverpool signed him I thought he'd become a real star. Maybe he still can.

Definitely an option worth consideration.

7. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

I agree, would like Coates on loan

However with a view to buy

He isn't getting much in terms of game time and think we could prise him away!

Alternatively we could stick a cheeky bid in for Agger? :wink:

8. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...al-Liverpool-and-Everton-target-Salomon-Kalou

Kalou was in fine form for the Ligue 1 outfit last season, netting 16 goals and assisting five in all competitions.

The former Chelsea man has since been linked with a return to the Premier League after Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton all expressed an interest.

However, reports in France now suggest Sunderland may win the race to the 29-year-old's signature after holding talks with him over the weekend.

The negotiations are believed to have been positive, with Kalou understood to be keen on a move to the Stadium of Light this summer.

Lille snapped up the Ivory Coast international on a free in 2012 and are hoping to make a healthy profit from the sale.

Kalou - who has two years left on his current deal - has a proven track record in England, finding the back of the net 60 times and setting up 44 in his six years at Stamford Bridge.

9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Kalou and Coates, eh. Who would have thought it.....

Would be nice if these come off.....

10. grandpops

8:56
    According to The Sun, Gus Poyet is trying to lure former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou to Sunderland. The Ivorian is currently at French club Lille, who would want around £4million for the 29-year-old.

8:20
    Gazzetta dello Sport say Modibo Diakitè could be looking to quit Sunderland and move back to Fiorentina as a free agent. Diakitè would reportedly have to buy out his contract with the Black Cats.

11. C19RK73

Hugo Campagnaro (Inter Milan)
    Sebastian Coates (Liverpool)
    Hassan Yebda (Granada)
    Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio)
    Eduardo Vargas (Napoli)
    Hugo Almeida (Besiktas)
    Salomon Kalou (Lille)
    Danny Welbeck (Man Utd)
    Glenn Murray (Crystal Palace)

Nine new names were added to our list this week, taking the running total with one week to go to 115.

With a little over a week to go before the transfer window slams shut (© Jim White), Gus Poyet has been speaking about various transfer targets and has revealed that the club intend to raid the English Champions League clubs to use up their domestic loan quota;

Yes, I think the loans will come from those big teams.

That's not easy though.

We know a little bit with the Chelsea players who could be available.

It's not from the team who has been playing and is a strong group. It's the team that is behind - and Patrick [van Aanholt] was one of them.

We know a little bit about the Liverpool ones and the Manchester City ones as well.

But the rest are rumours. We don't know about Man United or Arsenal.

We're waiting to make sure that with the main two positions we're looking at, that we get the right opportunities for the two loans.

But Fabio is holding us up a little bit.

With Liverpool's Sebastian Coates thought to be one of those potential loan targets, the Fabio Borini saga dragging on has meant Sunderland cannot make a move for the Uruguayan central defender until they get a final answer on their pursuit of the Italian striker.

Although Poyet has admitted that the club have now moved on and started targeting alternatives to the 23-year-old, with former loan star Danny Welbeck touted as a possible signing after being made available by Louis van Gaal, our head coach clearly does not want to give Borini up without a fight;

I haven't had that information [about Welbeck], but we are always in contact with other clubs about players of quality and we are waiting.

My situation with Fabio is clear. I know Welbeck has been here before, but when you know the player, me in particular, you can have a player who may look to others a little bit better, but I will always bring the one I know.

I wouldn't have any doubts or complaints. I know Fabio and he would always be my first choice.

There have been reports that Sunderland's £14m offer for Borini is now off the table, with Sunderland only looking to sign the player on a season-long loan. As usual during this long-running saga, a conflicting report emerged (this time from the Liverpool Echo), that suggested the Anfield club are still keen to offload the player to Sunderland on a permanent basis before the transfer window closes after they moved closer to completing the signing of Mario Balotelli.

Welbeck would look to be an ideal replacement for Borini. The player is adept at playing in the same role, flourished at the Stadium of Light during a previous loan spell at the club and has been made available for transfer by van Gaal. However it's believed one of the reasons behind Welbeck seeking to leave Old Trafford is because he wants to play as an out-and-out striker, something he may not get with Sunderland with Poyet likely to use him on the left hand side of a front three. We may also face competition from the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham for his signature but reports that Manchester United will not sell to a club in the top six may boost our chances.

Another potential loan deal came and went this week, after Napoli's Eduardo Vargas was the subject of a bid from Sunderland but quickly wrapped up a move to Queens Park Rangers. Speaking after losing out on the Chilean international's signing, Poyet said if Vargas had arrived then it would have ended his pursuit of Borini;

We were very close to getting Vargas. It was a matter of decisions between everybody - clubs and cities, living and possibilities and things, and in the end, everything didn't come through for us to get the player.

That was close to us making a decision on whether Fabio was coming or not coming. It's daily. We haven't put a date on it, but it's daily and we are looking for options.

As the search goes on for a signing that would finally end of our pursuit of Borini, another possible target has popped up that would likely mean the Italian would not return to the Stadium of Light with Lille's Salomon Kalou linked with a £4m switch to Sunderland.

The Ivorian will almost certainly leave the Ligue 1 side before the end of the transfer window, with Lille looking to sign Majeed Waris of Spartak Moscow as a replacement. We would face a lot of competition for the one time Chelsea man, with the likes of West Ham, Celtic, Tottenham, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Wolfsburg all linked to a player who would be a natural fit on the left hand side of our attack. The 29-year-old never really established himself as first choice at Chelsea but still scored 60 goals all competitions during his six seasons at Stamford Bridge and with Poyet and Congerton looking to add Premier League experience, Kalou could well be a shrewd purchase.

Poyet also gave an update on Leeds United's Sam Byram. The right back has been heavily linked with the club in the last few weeks and while Poyet admitted he had an interest in the 20-year-old, the potential fee is likely to scupper any deal;

He's a player we like and I've known him for a long time.

Like young English players, sometimes they are a little bit too expensive.

On the other end of the age scale, we were credited with an interest in Inter Milan's 34-year-old Argentinian international Hugo Campagnaro. The player is vastly experienced and recently appeared at the World Cup but considering he has no Premier League appearance and is a similar age to Wes Brown and John O'Shea, it seems unlikely that he will he making a move to Sunderland.

Another South American plying his trade in Serie A has been linked with the club, with Lazio's Alvaro Gonzalez said to be interesting Poyet. We have seemingly been linked with every Uruguayan under the sun this summer, with Poyet's comments about being determined to sign a compatriot giving the agents of the majority of the world's Uruguayan footballers free reign to link their client with a move to Sunderland. Unsurprisingly however, it looks as if the midfielder will be heading to London and West Ham.

Hugo Almeida was once again linked to the club. The 30-year-old has been regularly linked to Sunderland during the last few seasons and now he's a free agent it's thought our name has been mentioned as he looks for a new club but Premier League newcomers Leicester City are believed to be leading the race for the Portuguese international.

In what would have been a surprising development, former Portsmouth midfielder Hassan Yebda was said to be on the verge of completing a move to Sunderland this week. The 30-year-old had agreed to join UAE side Fujairah but French site FootMercato claimed the Algerian international was set to go back on that agreement to sign a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light. That turned out to be untrue as Yebda did in fact sign a one-year deal with the Arabian Gulf League side.

In outgoing news, Alfred N'Diaye's protracted transfer to Real Betis finally went through. The Senegal international signed a five-year deal with the Spanish second division side for a fee of around £1.3m and speaking to the official website of the Spanish club, N'Diaye said he doesn't believe they'll be in the second division for long;

Here I was happy and felt valued. I always said I would not mind playing with Betis in the second division, but I am also convinced that it will only be for a season.

Young central defender Scott Harrison has joined Hartlepool United on a month's loan. The 20-year-old had a successful loan spell with Pools in the second half of last season and Colin Cooper was delighted to see the player return;

He did smashing for us when he was here.

Scott was on my list of centre-halves and I'm pleased to have got him through the door. When Middlesbrough sold Christian to Peterborough, I was quickly on the phone to Sunderland about Scott.

He was keen to come and he came bouncing back into the club - he's as enthusiastic as ever and keen to crack on.

Scott is a good player but he needs the experience of men's football. Playing for Sunderland's Under 21 Development team is fine, but playing league football is ideal for him.

Scott adds that extra but of quality and he's bolstered our numbers because we were looking thin on the ground already.

Finally, The Mirror continued their one newspaper crusade to get Connor Wickham sold to Crystal Palace. After originally claiming Palace's failure to sign Wickham was one of the reasons behind Tony Pulis departing the club, they soon backtracked and claimed Pulis didn't want the player and his departure would lead to a renewed effort to sign the 21-year-old.

That led to one of the more brainless rumours of the transfer window so far as the Mirror claimed managerless Palace were prepared to offer cash plus Glenn 'Championship Fodder' Murray for one of the more highly rated young English strikers around. Why the Mirror believe that is fit to publish we'll probably never know but we already have one slow, useless Championship-standard striker in Danny Graham and there is no chance whatsoever we would be interested in losing Wickham just to gain another.

12. C19RK73

Sunderland have opened talks over a move for former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou, Goal understands.

The Ivory Coast international is a target for several European clubs but could leave Lille this summer and favours a return to the Premier League.

The Black Cats are eager to conclude a number of deals before the transfer window closes after having already missed out on Eduardo Vargas, who joined QPR on loan from Napoli.

Sunderland remain interested in Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, who spent last season on loan at the Stadium of Light, although any move for the Italian is likely to be a temporary rather than a permanent deal.

Other targets include Danny Welbeck, whose future at Manchester United looks uncertain, and Corinthians striker Paolo Guerrero.

One player who is set to leave the Stadium of Light this summer is Modibo Diakite.

Goal understands the defender is in talks to terminate his contract and complete a move to Fiorentina - where he spent last season on loan.

13. grandpops

7:49
    A couple of papers are suggesting that Sunderland are close to landing Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates on a season-long loan. However, if Coates does join, it would mean that Gus Poyet cannot get his Anfield team-mate Fabio Borini on a similar deal, as Premier League rules forbid clubs from taking more than one loan player from any one club. Sunderland remain interested in Borini but the move has dragged on for some time and Poyet is said to want an answer in the next couple of days or he will look elsewhere.

The fact that Gus is looking at someone from the same club would suggest he`s given up on Borini. I don`t particularly want him now tbh. His prevarications have cost us time and done some damage in the PR sense anyway. Soured at least.

Kalou or Welbeck for Borini and Coates on loan would seem to be the solution to me.

14. grandpops

Danny Graham and Cabral are expected to leave Sunderland before next Monday's transfer deadline. Graham has been linked with Wolves, in addition to former clubs Middlesbrough and Watford. Cabral, meanwhile, wants to stay in English football.

15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

16. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I'm bored with Borini now..... move on. The guy is making a mug of the club, we should have withdrawn the bid weeks ago

17. RedandWhite_believer

http://talksport.com/football/sunderland-and-west-ham-battle-werder-bremen-midfielder-140827110321

Sunderland and West Ham to battle for Werder Bremen midfielder?
    Read more at http://talksport.com/football/sunde...n-midfielder-140827110321#2FmPXUcw6RALRi3U.99

Werder Bremen midfielder Ludovic Obraniak is attracting interest from Sunderland and West Ham, according to L'Equipe.
    The Poland international, who was born in France, has reportedly been told he is no longer in the plans of Bremen manager Robin Dutt.
    And this news is said to have alerted several Premier League clubs, with Sunderland and West Ham the favourites to secure the 29-year-old's services.
    Obraniak only moved to Bremen in January of this year, joining the Bundesliga side from Bordeaux.
    At the time he revealed that he had received offers from English clubs and now it appears as those that interest has been reignited.
    "To me, it was England or Germany, otherwise I would have stayed at Bordeaux," Obraniak said in January when he joined Bremen.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/sunde...n-midfielder-140827110321#2FmPXUcw6RALRi3U.99

Sounds to me like an agent trying to engineer a move?

18. RedandWhite_believer

SSN 11:55 Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has hinted that he is close to signing Ricky Alvarez from Inter Milan and Virgil van Dijk from Celtic. Argentina international midfielder Alvarez has been linked with a season-long loan move to the Black Cats, while 23-year-old Dutch defender Van Dijk will reportedly join them in a £6million deal.

19. grandpops

13:44

Lille coach Rene Girard has admitted that Salomon Kalou is looking to leave the Ligue 1 club. The former Chelsea forward, who moved to France in 2012, has been strongly linked with a move to Sunderland.

This one not finished yet then.

20. C19RK73