1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Might as well pay the manager a bit more seeing as though we can't spend it on players wages.

2. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

I provided two snapshots as an example, I certainly haven't based my position on two posts I've linked. That again is an assumption. Why not go and read what the rest of the posts had to say and get a more balanced view of them, which is what I have done. Yes, there is goodwill there for keeping them up but less than half of them wanted them to stay, and that's a fact, not my opinion.

I'm not arsed if anyone thinks the Cowleys would be good and I can certainly cope with anyone who thinks they would be, especially when they have got a massive 7 games of watching them to base their opinion on, which seems a rather small snap shot of time to me tbh. Personally, I'll take the opinion of folk who watched them at the highest level they have ever managed and did so for the best part of a whole season. If those comments said they did indeed play the brand of attacking football that you claim they implement, I'd be okay with having them. But the Huddersfield fans don't say that, so I won't.

3. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

I would agree with your first paragraph mate, it was very ambitious and I believe that a statement of intent by these new owners (if the are pulling the strings) with Poyet may well have been the correct approach. I suspect we will hear just what has transpired over the next few days.
    As to why it fell through yesterday, that was supposed to be a rubber stamp job for Gus, I cant understand why now those name we are now being linked with for the managers role would seem be quite the opposite to what and be less ambitious.

What was a bold attempt to recruit someone with a good footballing back ground, who would have lifted the whole club, are now being linked to Johnson, Cowley, Cook etc but these are not the people I would associate with ambition, steady plodders yes, but not the type to get the blood flowing.. I can see us being in the same position in 12 months time as we are now.

That would suggest to me that certain parties still at the club and are still trying to do the job on the cheap. I don't know where that leaves the Takeover.

Sandy Camel likes this.
  4. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

Ambition....it will show us if we are ambitious or also rans.

Sandy Camel and sheepman like this.
  5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

What makes you think my opinion is based on just watching those games? That's a pretty big assumption to make for someone who is so assumption-adverse. How many of their games have you seen? You clearly haven't seen many of Mourinho's. And I never said they played attacking football, I said they like ball playing centre backs and to build attacks down the wings and that they are pragmatic.

6. RedandWhiteTractor

RedandWhiteTractor Active Member

I'm not sure it means we are doing it on the cheap. Especially not knowing what was offered.

Just because we may have money doesn't mean we should roll over and pay him what he wants. Poyet would have been a great statement but if he wanted Premier league money, maybe they thought his CV didn't warrant it.

7. Sandy Camel

What the **** has that got to do with what you claimed. I said **** all about wanting us to play like Barca so why make it up?

8. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Must admit it would be very strange to go from Poyet to someone like Cook
    I think we will just have to wait and see There is lots of speculation but most seem to be the usual suspects
    Hopefully we have a plan

9. TeamOfTalents

TeamOfTalents Well-Known Member

Desperate for some good news like

Simon Humes and Dave_39 like this.
  10. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Sorry my apologies I will ignore you from now on.<ok>

Sandy Camel likes this.

11. Davyred

Davyred Well-Known Member

In what context, his wages?

If so, seems strange that his son posted that tweet last night. Also, if what was said on here and over the road is to be believed and he on Wearside to sign, surely personal terms would have been agreed before he travelled up here.

I think its got more to do with the structure he was going to working in. Maybe he was promised 'X' would be the SpD or DoF but that didn't happen.

All conjecture anyway until it comes from either Poyet or SAFC.

Huds0n and Smug in Boots like this.
  12. Sandy Camel

So what is your opinion based on then, if not the games you watched? The only other place you could get any info on them s by what others are saying, which is the same thing I'm doing as I haven't watched them.

And again an assumption about watching Mourinho. You have no idea how many times I've watched Chelsea, Inter, Madrid, Man U or Spurs so why even claim it?

13. Sandy Camel

Cheers, much appreciated.

14. Sonnyboy

Sonnyboy Member

Totally agree - I'm not sure now that the "takeover" is going to be everything we were expecting. Let's hope so!

15. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

Like Quasimodo I also have a hunch.
    My hunch is that there was a lot of talk on here and other social media outlets that he had signed etc etc. The club realised what was happening. They want to control the narrative (there’s that word again) on when and how the announcement will be made so have put out a few stories inside and outside the club.
    Therefore my theory is that Poyet has actually signed up but the club want to make the announcement in the manner they see fit.
    Any ITKs want to comment?

16. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

This.

Evil Jimmy Krankie likes this.
  17. The Norton Cat

From talking to people who know what they are talking about. And even if it was just based on those 7 games, that makes me more qualified to assess them than you- by your own admission.

Why don't you like assumptions? You're very touchy about them. The reason I say that is that Mourinho, throughout his career, has been accussed of playing anti-football. You do know that his mantra is "he who has the ball has fear" and frequently advocated completely bypassing his own midfield.

18. The Norton Cat

I wish he'd ignore me :emoticon-0101-sadsm

19. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

That's controlling the narrative very badly. I don't see it personally. It's now going out that he turned us down and there is a new found indifference to him along with a bit of bad blood.

Any official announcement to the contrary will be like the air escaping a balloon.

If it is as you say it is. It's highly incompetent. Not that that rules it out.

TopCat_ likes this.
  20. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

It's possible, unlikely, but it's possible