1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Norman Stanley Fletcher

Norman Stanley Fletcher Well-Known Member

I’ll drink to that. Cheers everyone

John Wick likes this.
  2. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

yes mate!

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I can’t really see straight but I’ve had a cheeky look while the adverts are on and it’s o the bbc, get in .sorry if this is already on here.

rowley and Montysoptician like this.
  4. one gary owers

one gary owers Well-Known Member

Has there been any skunk reaction ?

John Wick likes this.
  5. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

So then, where does this leave Rodwell?

Was he just Donald's yes man or is he any good for whatever it is he is doing ?

I still fume about the season card fiasco, then again it was most likely a case of just following orders from the high command.

Thoughts ?

6. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

An agreement has been reached for Kyril Louis-Dreyfus to buy Stewart Donald's controlling interest in Sunderland, paving the way for a takeover.

The Frenchman will become chairman in the new year, subject to approval by the English Football League.

Donald, who stepped down as chairman in July, holds a 74% stake in the club.

"It's been no secret that I have been looking for some time to find the right person to take Sunderland forward," Donald told the club website.

"During the course of the last year there have been a lot of different people wanting to take over.

"However, even though it is a matter of public record that some of those bidders offered me more money, I felt that they offered less to the club and to the community.

"Whereas from the early meetings with Kyril, his family and advisers, I have been greatly impressed with their knowledge and understanding, learned over a long period as owners of major football clubs in Belgium and France.

"I believe that experience, combined with a good plan, will provide a platform for the club to progress and I look forward to watching that progress from afar."

Former Eastleigh owner Donald has been Sunderland's majority shareholder since May 2018, when he took over from previous owner Ellis Short.

He has been trying to sell the Black Cats for the past 12 months and said he was "desperate to get out" of the League One club in the summer.

Aged just 22, Louis-Dreyfus, the son of former Marseille owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus, would become the youngest chairman in English football.

"We respectfully await the EFL's approval for this transaction," Louis-Dreyfus said.

"Nonetheless it would be remiss of me at this stage not to emphasise what an enormous honour it would be for me to become involved with such a historic club, in a city renowned for its rich football culture going back to 1879.

"Many will be aware of my family connections to the industry and, in acquiring Sunderland AFC, I understand the responsibility that's placed upon me as the custodian of the club's future.

"If we all play our parts, I firmly believe we can restore Sunderland AFC to the top tier of English football and I can't wait to get started."

Random lad and Wayne the Punk like this.
  7. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I have just been informed my last season card payment is to be taken out soon.

8. Sja324

Sja324 Active Member

Top man... Have a good one

9. Blyth_bucaneer

I suppose it's not so much a bitter pill to swallow now.

10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

11. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

I think he will be here until the end of the season during this 'transition' period then he will be peddled. Johnson will bring in more of his own backroom team, Speakman already here, more people on the data/performance side of things and a much wider scouting network.

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  12. Young Ted

Young Ted Well-Known Member

Two x two is flying down Plsed I got a cask (72 pints ) gona be a good Christmas come on the boy get it down you boys

Robertson and Julio like this.
  13. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

Don't normally drink in the house so normally have very little in but fancied a little celebration so the young'un gave me one of my presents early. Cans of IPA at 6.9% so bad head in the morning no doubt, it is very nice though I'll give him that.

14. Millfield Maestro 1879

Millfield Maestro 1879 Well-Known Member

I've been told he is being moved on but we will see

15. Godfrey

Godfrey Active Member

6.00 a.m. Xmas Day here in Australia. What brilliant news to wake up to. Check this thread first thing every morning - saw an extra 20 odd pages today and thought "It's finally happened!" Will catch up on details later, got to travel early today. Merry Christmas to you all, and stay safe to enjoy the good times ahead.

Monkey69, Huds0n, Robertson and 31 others like this.
  16. Blyth_bucaneer

Probs have a couple of swallows with Berb in the jolly sailor before he fcuks off.

Guy Incognito, Oliver's Army and DH4 like this.
  17. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

all the best great news today

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  18. Whittylad

Whittylad Well-Known Member

Well what a Christmas present . I’ve been out all day and come back to this. Brilliant and happy Christmas to everyone. Thanks to Prehab Magnus Smug wheatsheaf and anyone else who has kept us all informed over the last months. Great news and here’s to the future. <party>Well smug we did say one day he’d be dancing for real. :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

19. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

I don’t mind Rodwell. As others have said I think he’s been working on orders from above he may not have liked.

However to make this as much a fresh start as possible it would be good to see him moved on. But even then I’d probably want him to stay for this season to ensure continuity

20. Blyth_bucaneer

" Old guard, aaahbout turn "

" New guard, guard shuunnn"